Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Wish I could rep you again...

OP, what is with your OBSESSION about light and dark skinned women? Has it ever occurred to you that your skin tone has NOTHING to do with all your guy problems or should I say, lack of men? Every thread you post has to do with you harping on how men prefer lightskin women, blonde women, bisexual women...jeeze...
Skin color is an issue that affects me. Maybe its not a problem for you. But where I'm from its a very big deal

Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
In her defense, there are apparently plenty of people with such self-hatred issues. Look at this thread! It's not really about make-up! Or definitely not ONLY about make-up.

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...er-makeup.html

Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
And they are the last ones imo, who should be. But then, social conditioning through the media accounts for so much of that kind of insecurity. America itself finds lighter skinned people more attractive. So while not impossible, it's not so simple to order someone to just forget it. Some black people, afraid to cross interracial lines, gravitate towards 'high yellow' mates in order to experience a percieved elevated social status, while not 'betraying' their bretheren. To me, its all soo very silly. But then, who thinks like me? Lol
That would not explain why many people lay in the sun to tan?

We have lighter people trying to darken up, Dark people trying to get lighter. Some people wishing they have smaller features and others wanting larger features. I'll deal with what I have and take care of it the best I can. Wonder where my pump is at

Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
If this is the case then should i bleach my skin?
People have these thoughts and they are sometimes conscious, sometimes unconscious of them, but basically it's.......

"I'll be happy when ___________"

Fill in the blank, for you, it's men checking you out and being a "lighter" black person.

Problem is, when, or if you "fill in the blank", something else crops up.......

For some people there will always be a fill in the blank.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 AM

399 posts, read 581,515 times
Quote:
If this is the case then should i bleach my skin?
I remember you. You asked me what my features were and I told you I was dark skinned, and that I had men of all races hitting on me. It's not about color and the ones who care are ignorant and not worth your time. Love yourself. If they're repulsed by you, it's because you're repulsed by you.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Skin color is an issue that affects me. Maybe its not a problem for you. But where I'm from its a very big deal
What do you mean by where you're from? Honestly, imo, YOU make it a big deal and you let it affect you mentally. I see dark skinned women all the time. Heck, I work with some dark skinned women both attractive and average looking. They are either married or have SO's. There are stunning dark skinned women who are models and if you ask me, are 100 times prettier than other ethnicities. I've said it before and like other posters have commented on your threads, you have a self esteem issue. You make it about you. Trust me, it's not your skin tone. It's this vibe you give off that's the problem.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
The men obviously think lightskin women are more sexier and attractive.
Not true.

I think dark skinned Toni Braxton is better looking than light skinned Anne Marie Johnson.

I think dark skinned Naomi Campbell is better looking than light skinned Tisha Campbell-Martin (from the Martin show).

That whole light skin-did vs. dark skin-did thing is all in your mind. You just need to develop some confidence in yourself. I suggest maybe taking up some kind of traditional martial arts training to help you with this endeavor.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That whole light skin-did vs. dark skin-did thing is all in your mind.
It's been made clear before that this is some sort of obsession within the black community we're not even aware of.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Here Anna--Let me say this in a way you will understand. Because I truly believe you are making a mountain out of a molehill.[do Northern girls understand that expression?] You, a dark skinned lady, were standing with a light skinned lady, and I had the chance to take one of you out on a date after talking to you both. The light skinned lady was pretty but she was a self centered biatch who thought she was all that. You, on the other hand, are dark skinnned but smart, conversant in many topics and an all around nice lady. Even though I sometimes prefer light skinned women, who do you think I'm going to ask out? YOU! So I guess the point is for you to just concentrate on being the best lady you can be and dont worry about crap you have no control over.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I suggest you move where other hot Black men and women are. There is a hot black men where I work and he is a nice coco-puff. Lol And own your color. Who wants to be a pasty noodle all the time. I admit I feel better when I tan like bacon but then always go back to the white Snow Queen. Remember you are you and you are fabulous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.