Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:06 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Of course they wouldn't take it hard. Darkskin men aren't really affected by colorism in terms of dating.
I wouldnt date you because of your defeatist, self effacing,woe is me attitude. It has absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin. I wouldnt date a white woman with that attitude either. Except for Raena. I'll tell her what an awful white man I am and beg her to spank me!!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Come on. What type of guys do YOU prefer? If you were choosing between someone like a dark skin-ded Dwayne Wade and a yellow Ice-T, do you think Ice-T would get all mad that you chose the chocolate coco puff brutha? Do you think D-Wade would be upset that you chose the high yella Ice-T? Of course not, they are secure in their own skin and would just chalk it up to YOU as an individual somehow liking and/or connecting with the other person.
Hey Ice-t loves Coco. Lmao!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'm black, and I'm not aware of it either.
Im black too and am not aware of it. Well, my grandmother on my mothers side is half black/half indian (looks like Chilli from TLC) and I think my grandfather's father on my dads side was half black too, and I grew up in South Central Los Angeles and used to hang out with Ice Cube and the crips (before I went to Stanford), so I got enough black blood in me to know what Im talking about. Mod cut: personal barb.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-20-2012 at 06:28 PM..

Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hey Ice-t loves Coco. Lmao!
Just spit my coffee out on my desk on some important papers from laughing to hard on this post.

Nice one.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Im black too and am not aware of it. Well, my grandmother on my mothers side is half black/half indian (looks like Chilli from TLC) and I think my grandfather's father on my dads side was half black too, and I grew up in South Central Los Angeles and used to hang out with Ice Cube and the main street crips (before I went to Stanford), so I got enough black blood in me to know what Im talking about. Home girl is crazy.
You sound very racially mixed. And you're a male? That's why.

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Im black too and am not aware of it. Well, my grandmother on my mothers side is half black/half indian (looks like Chilli from TLC) and I think my grandfather's father on my dads side was half black too, and I grew up in South Central Los Angeles and used to hang out with Ice Cube and the crips (before I went to Stanford), so I got enough black blood in me to know what Im talking about. Home girl is crazy.
I guess we're not the right kind of black..........

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
If this is the case then should i bleach my skin?
No, you should not bleach your skin. You should try to do whatever you need to do (if that includes short term counseling therapy and some trips to the dermatologist if you have a legitimate discoloration condition, then so be it.) to help you see the beauty you have. It sounds like you had somebody telling you otherwise when you were growing up, telling you that you weren't attractive. If that is true, it was cruel and ignorant and I'm sorry that happened to you.

But the people who speak negative outcomes into our lives when we are youngsters and can't defend ourselves, their words don't matter now. We are adults. WE hold the crystal ball. What we are and what we will be are up to US. Maybe you've wasted too much emotional energy resenting men who prefer women with light skin. It's been my experience that beauty is subjective and men are visual. They move TOWARD what they find appealing and non-threatening REGARDLESS of what anyone around them thinks. I know plenty of "light men" who don't want to date "light women"

If you have anger issues, they are showing, and men RUN from angry women, one way or another. It's a character issue, not a color issue.
Just my two cents.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Im black too and am not aware of it. Well, my grandmother on my mothers side is half black/half indian (looks like Chilli from TLC) and I think my grandfather's father on my dads side was half black too, and I grew up in South Central Los Angeles and used to hang out with Ice Cube and the crips (before I went to Stanford), so I got enough black blood in me to know what Im talking about. Home girl is crazy.
Are your people from the Caribbean?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
If this is the case then should i bleach my skin?
I'm sorry, but this is just one of many threads you've started on your negative self-image.
Please get some professional help.

It's not your skin, your education, etc.
It's simply that you don't accept yourself and until you do, nothing you do to change your appearance will attract people.

Please, stop putting yourself through this pain.
It must be sheer agony for you.
There is nothing that a forum, especially CD, can do to help you.

Please seek professional help.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:15 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
you guys with your race issues. Get over it and move forward. Onl,y black people worry about how light or how dark their skin is. Time to integrate and live with the rest of us.
Not true. Tanning salons and sun screen sales are still high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.