Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:53 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,374 times

Advertisements

You know, when we first start dating someone new, there is a period of having to get to know each other pretty well before we do certain things. Like passing gas around each other. The first time I did it around the woman Im now with, we were outside, but still, I felt embarressed because of it. So, my question is, how long did it take before you felt comfortable enough to do this around your man/woman when things were in the dating stage. After she finally did it around me, she joked that when a couple start doing THAT, thats when you call it true love. For those of you with a sense of humor, tell us about your experiences with this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 05:29 PM

428 posts, read 2,440,186 times
Dennis Prager has talked about this. He says, and I agree, that to purposely pass gas in front of an SO is a sign of a complete lack of respect, and that it is the beginning of the end.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:53 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,776,677 times
Sorry but I disagree...I would not want to be with someone if we were not comfortable doing almost anything in front of each other.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:35 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
A good friend- a male- once told me that he knew that he was in a relationship when he could do this around a woman.

I would say that the "trapping your partner under the covers" during a bout of flatulence would demonstrate a sense of security in the relationship...but it wears thin after about the second time. (I say this from the viewpoint of a receiver... I never actually found humor in it!)

But seriously, I still think that manners are important. Some things you just try not do do in front of others out of respect. I would include belching in this topic.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:23 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,907,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Some things you just try not do do in front of others out of respect. I would include belching in this topic.

I went out with this guy on a date a couple years ago...we kinda knew each other through mutual friends. Anyway....we went out to a local sports hangout and about half way through our date he lets out the most embarrasing display!....he belched...but not only did he belch, he did the friggin alphabet along with it...like I was suppose to be impressed?!?...what a jacka55....I gathered up my stuff and left him there!... LOL

Old 09-16-2007, 08:32 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times
Default This is funny

I think if you work in medicine, you see these things differently.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:42 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I think if you work in medicine, you see these things differently.
Explain, please..... I dated a physician and he never passed gas around me OR burped the alphabet

Old 09-16-2007, 09:07 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
It all depends on the couples personality, one person might laugh if someone lets off a little gas and anouther may think it's rude, you may feel comfortable around each other but if one person is discusted by it then they may not find the humor and then some people are just uptight period. I myself find it funny depending on the situation.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:12 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,578 times
We were married for over six months before I heard my dh do the do. And to this day, after 26 years, he has not heard me over a handful of times, and then it was totally unexpected or uncontrollable and I was embarrassed. No, I am not a prude, but some things just scream manners.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:30 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,374 times
Default Just to be clear

Hello everyone, I gotta leave for work in a few minutes, but I do wish to say that I am not speaking of just plain old being rude, here in this thread. No, Im just speaking of the touch-n-go type thing it is when you are dating someone new, you really care about that person, then suddenly you slip up and crank one off. The first time I did this, we were outside, but I thought she had gone back inside for a minute. I did it, then turned around, and there she was, right there close to me. So, really, Im just asking about the little slips, you know, in the beginning of your relationship. Im not talking about being rude on purpose. But, I agree with Roaddog, there are times I find this stuff funny as well. Take care all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships