Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:50 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,028,436 times

Advertisements

Just wanted a wee bit of a pick-me-up this morning.

What are some success stories you guys have with girls/women? Either a fun one-night stand, friends with benefits or legitimate, fulfilling relationships? Just something that brought you happiness, either for a little while or permanently? How did you meet a particular girl? How did you recognize and act on the opportunity? What did you do & where did it lead?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 05:27 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
You've been up all night?

Get away from the computer, go outside, get some vigorous exercise and focus on other aspects of life. That will make you feel better.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:40 AM

.....I work the night shift, Ms. Assumption. Just got home & am about to curl into bed, since I have to work again tonight. Fiver in a row.

Last edited by Soviet; 04-22-2012 at 06:57 AM..

Old 04-22-2012, 06:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
You like self-pity. That's about the least attractive quality a man can have for women.

Women like men who like themselves. And that doesn't mean just being content with sitting on the sofa watching ESPN. They like men who not only like themselves, but love their lives. The ones who treat every day like a gift.

Be one of those people, and the world will open up to you like a flower. You just have to have the wherewithal to do it, rather than devote all your energy to complaining all the time.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 AM

Okay. In this particular thread, I wasn't trying to complain or anything or be negative. I just wanted to get some answers to my query from the guys on here & see if I could glean some lessons or insights. Just see what's going on out there.

Working 40-60 hour weeks consisting of night shifts teaches one to use their free time much, much more wisely. I'm just not as privileged as some of you other guys are in regards to time to interact with women. Not to say that you're not ridiculously busy, either, but it's difficult to make time for that sometimes. It just is. Not an excuse, just a fact.

And now....back to the thread topic. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Okay. In this particular thread, I wasn't trying to complain or anything or be negative. I just wanted to get some answers to my query from the guys on here & see if I could glean some lessons or insights. Just see what's going on out there.

Working 40-60 hour weeks consisting of night shifts teaches one to use their free time much, much more wisely. I'm just not as privileged as some of you other guys are in regards to time to interact with women. Not to say that you're not ridiculously busy, either, but it's difficult to make time for that sometimes. It just is. Not an excuse, just a fact.

And now....back to the thread topic. Thank you in advance.
I'm not going to let you off the hook here. And the reason I wrote my remarks is because there is this ongoing theme of 'woe is me' in your posts.

Hell, I went through college working a full-time job. Attended classes from morning until 2 in the afternoon. Then I went to my job that was 3 to midnight. For FOUR years. Shortly after I graduated, my father dropped dead without much life insurance, so I worked two jobs -- a full-time one for me and a part-time one to keep my mother afloat. So to sit here and behave as if your situation is unique is just baloney.

I managed to have a dating life. I managed to have girlfriends. Really and truly, even if you sleep 8 hours a night and work 50 hours a week, that's still 54 hours left over to do something, anything, besides gaze at your navel. I mean, now that I am married and have three kids, I would just about kill to have the kind of free time you do. You just have no clue.

It really is your attitude, man. If you sit here and whine about your life, women pick up on that in a skinny minute. If on the other hand, you're positive about your life and don't devote energy to complaining but rather seeing its possibilities, you'd be amazed at how attracted women will be to you.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Popcorn anyone?

Old 04-22-2012, 08:12 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Popcorn anyone?
lol, might as well...he's already sucked the energy out of me so I can only image what he does to the women he actually comes face to face with. I would run too...

Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
I'd love to tell you about all the sex parties we used to host, but I won't.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
I think we attract who we ARE, not who we WANT. Personal growth and development can change who we are - to some degree. A happy disposition and positive attitude is a major plus in developing relationships, if you can achieve that.

Anyway, my focus was mainly on dating with a relationship in mind. I used online dating and found it very, very effective, though only about 5 percent of those with whom I exchanged emails was worth meeting. I did meet many wonderful women, had several short but great relationships (some of those women remain good friends), and met the love of my life (12 years later, she still is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships