Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Am I the only one that navigates the house in the dark. If I get up in the middle of the night, I try not to turn on lights unecessarily and If I have to take a quick pee, Im usually is a semi awake state.
I always put the bathroom light on if I wake up in the night and have to go there. The thermostat throws enough light to illuminate the hallway, but I don't want to step on a cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Nope. I pee in the dark too. I rarely get up in the middle of the night to go, but when it happens, I don't want to wake myself up completely by turning the light on. Plus, it hurts my eyes.

I have fallen in the toilet a couple times years ago. That will wake you up quickly. LOL

As for my current situation? We have dogs who see nothing wrong with eating horse poop. A little toilet water is nothing. The seat and lid need to stay down.
Mine drink out of the toliet too. Yep it never stays down. Im the only female in the house. I try to make sure it is flushed though.

OT, but dogs eating horse poo is so gross. THe closest Ive ever come to puking was seeing the dogs eat a steamy pile.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:43 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
but dogs eating horse poo is so gross. THe closest Ive ever come to puking was seeing the dogs eat a steamy pile.
Thanks for sharing. The visual far exceeds that of lighting a fart!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:45 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Mine drink out of the toliet too. Yep it never stays down. Im the only female in the house. I try to make sure it is flushed though.

OT, but dogs eating horse poo is so gross. THe closest Ive ever come to puking was seeing the dogs eat a steamy pile.
I agree! It's a great diet aid. I never want to eat after seeing that. LOL

Old 04-23-2012, 12:52 PM

566 posts, read 958,262 times
I live alone, but if I did live with a female, I'd leave the toilet seat up. Just like I have to put it up when it's down, she can put it down when it's up.

If that's too difficult for her, she can live somewhere else.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
I know men dont alway take the time to turn the light on, look and lift the lid. Ive cleaned up to many splatters for that to be true.
I have an eight-year-old boy! Ye gods. I think he pees with his eyes closed in the morning.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:01 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I'm not a germaphobe by a long shot. However, I am grossed out by the thought of splashback all over the bathroom.

Non-debatable in my home, anyway. When you have birds, lids are always down for safety reasons. They can, and do, land in toilets. "Ooh, look, a bird bath!"
Hahaha!

For those who worry about toilet water spraying everywhere, odor is particulate, so if you smell something, tiny bits of it are literally on your face and up your nose. Did somebody recently use the bathroom and it smells a bit like poop? You are inhaling poop, that's why. Fun fact.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:02 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is the first time I've ever in my life heard of the concept of "splashback". I guess if you let yourself think of anything too long or look at anything too closely, it can get to you.

Don't blame you for wanting to keep the birdies out of your toilet, though. For THEM, I'd be worried about germs, because they are so little and out of their natural environment, and who knows what could happen.

I close mine because I don't want my cats to walk on the toilet seat and fall in. I've caught one sticking her head down thinking she could drink out of it and I had a scary image of her drowning. Don't know if that can happen, but I just keep it closed to forestall the possibility. The remote chance of germs doesn't frighten me that easily, though.
YouTube is rife with videos of cats falling into toilets--some after doing their business in them, to boot. [URL="http://******************"]http://******************/vomit-smiley-544.gif (broken link)[/URL]

Then there's Gizmo.

[youtube]WofFb_eOxxA[/youtube]

At any rate, I'm always reminding people to put the lid down.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hahaha!

For those who worry about toilet water spraying everywhere, odor is particulate, so if you smell something, tiny bits of it are literally on your face and up your nose. Did somebody recently use the bathroom and it smells a bit like poop? You are inhaling poop, that's why. Fun fact.
Hahahaha, I did know that. If you smell something, it's because little molecules of what you are smelling are IN YOUR NOSE.

I also like to remind people, especially the ones who consider themselves SO germ-free, about all the microscopic parasites that live in and on their own bodies.

Like these little pets that live in our eyelash roots:

These are just their tails. You can't see the heads, because they are buried in the hair follicle, same as they are right now in YOUR EYELASHES.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:21 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
In our house the seat and lid go down after every use, I lift the lid and seat to tinkle and just the lid to dump, the woman lifts just the lid, it gets to be habit after a while.

I think more people need to watch the Myth-Busters episode regarding toilets and toothbrushes, the reality may surprise a lot of people.

Also, I think more need to research all the little creatures that are crawling all over you right now, in your bed, in your carpet, there are wonderful creatures crawling around in your mouth too.

There are many "good" germs that without we would die an agonizingly slow and painful death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships