Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:35 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Vacuuming, cooking, changing nappies and doing the laundry is the most reliable foreplay and will turn your woman on like nothing else...MEN take note.
How about sex for house chores? Maybe flip a coin and see where it goes from there.

Since vacuuming and doing laundry doesn’t take 7 days of the week to do would this mean that if he does some house chores he will be permitted then to have sex with his wife for the next 6 days? House chores can be excruciating and tiring for women but have the girflriends call her to go shopping and she will not be tired for that, right?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Some men have problems..it is called the "Madonna Syndrome", their wife is too "holy" to really get crazy in bed. So they also hold back on what they want in bed, and the entire sexual relationship is completely dysfunctional. No one acts on what they really want because it is "inappropriate".

Yes, good wives and good Moms can be good in bed. With the right partner.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:44 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
I would talk to her about having a open relationship.
Or Just cheat on her and get it over with!

Have you ever thought she might not like having sex with you?
Sometimes women don't want to hurt our feelings for various reasons.

Ive had a couple of ex Girlfriends tell me i was too much for them.
That could be it,and she doesn't want to admit it!

Old 04-23-2012, 04:52 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
I'm sorry dude, she's just not that into you.

She cannot be a good wife without providing intimacy. I know because I kicked my hub to the curb for this same reason...it is actually abusive and controlling behaviour. It means her needs (or lack thereof) are more important than yours.

It's a sign the marriage is dead. Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but it's like an old dog, toothless, blind, in pain. Put it out of it's misery.
You're on to something!
Mix in the fact that OP is going to counseling,that's a bad sign.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:53 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I am sorry to say that I don't think she even WANTS to have an orgasm and is unwilling to give that gift to herself for whatever reason. There are some deep psychological issues at play here. She knows it, and is ashamed to let you know it. She has been keeping this secret and now it has driven you apart.

I suggest lovingly encouraging her to seek individual therapy. It is the only chance your marriage has. Again I am sorry.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Some men have problems..it is called the "Madonna Syndrome", their wife is too "holy" to really get crazy in bed. So they also hold back on what they want in bed, and the entire sexual relationship is completely dysfunctional. No one acts on what they really want because it is "inappropriate".

Yes, good wives and good Moms can be good in bed. With the right partner.
from what i have seen in divorce court, she is good in bed, but not with him.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that the types of women who make a good wife are generally relatively boring and/or stingy lovers with lower than average libidos.

Let me clarify - I am NOT expecting a slave. I am married to a woman who is wonderful in all ways except one, and that's that she has no libido and when we do have sex, she lies there like a mannequin. I don't expect to have clean socks and food on the table or anything archaic, just someone who is faithful, a partner, and who loves me fully and doesn't look for any outside action.

I haven't cheated, and won't. I do, however, use this board to vent a little bit at times and have to please myself often.

I romance her, I treat her well, etc., but she is NEVER in the mood. In fact, in our counseling sessions, she admits she has "never really enjoyed sex, and never had much desire for it".

Women I've dated who were sexual vixens got bored with me after a while, or, cheated on me.

Am I right?
Is it almost impossible to find a woman who is good marriage material AND has the kind of sex drive that most men would like their wife to have??

It seems so, and here on this site, it also seems like most of the women who admit to having a high libido are bisexual/bicurious, don't marry and don't want to, etc. etc. etc.

No, you are not right

First, ask your wife to talk to her doctor about getting her hormone levels checked - her "problem" could just be physical.

Second, and somehow I'm betting this is where the real problem is, "romance" and just "treating her well" are likely not what she needs, which is why you aren't seeing any positive results in the bedroom.

A wise man understands the importance of making his woman feel safe enough and desired enough to bring out her inner wildcat.

Many women just cannot relax enough to enjoy sex when they are feeling self-conscious or like they are being looked at as a "means to an end"

They just cannot allow themselves to be as vulnerable as they are capable of being until the man has made them feel very safe emotionally.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:13 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Depending on how you define the terms "good sex" and "good wife", they may very well be qualities that conflict with one another. For example, someone who is highly passionate while making love is probably more emotional than others in other aspects of their life as well, which in turn might lead to more frequent or intense arguing. Conversely, someone who is typically rational in most aspects of life may be (or become in the future) what some might call "boring" in bed. Especially as you get older, it's hard to keep your personality from becoming more and more consistent across situations. Sooner or later, wild/mild in one way is probably going to mean wild/mild in another, no matter how much we men wish it wasn't so.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 PM

179 posts, read 308,704 times
Quote:
Vacuuming, cooking, changing nappies and doing the laundry is the most reliable foreplay and will turn your woman on like nothing else...MEN take note.
She is a SAHM since last fall, but I do help with chores. We have four kids, and for a while, I assumed it was exhaustion...but it predates the kids.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that the types of women who make a good wife are generally relatively boring and/or stingy lovers with lower than average libidos.

Let me clarify - I am NOT expecting a slave. I am married to a woman who is wonderful in all ways except one, and that's that she has no libido and when we do have sex, she lies there like a mannequin. I don't expect to have clean socks and food on the table or anything archaic, just someone who is faithful, a partner, and who loves me fully and doesn't look for any outside action.

I haven't cheated, and won't. I do, however, use this board to vent a little bit at times and have to please myself often.

I romance her, I treat her well, etc., but she is NEVER in the mood. In fact, in our counseling sessions, she admits she has "never really enjoyed sex, and never had much desire for it".

Women I've dated who were sexual vixens got bored with me after a while, or, cheated on me.

Am I right? Is it almost impossible to find a woman who is good marriage material AND has the kind of sex drive that most men would like their wife to have??

It seems so, and here on this site, it also seems like most of the women who admit to having a high libido are bisexual/bicurious, don't marry and don't want to, etc. etc. etc.
Same question for you as we asked the other guy, who started a thread complaining that his wife only liked sex once/week, but tried to accommodate him a little more often:

DUDE! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING when you married her? Or had you guys not had sex before marriage? Because if you did, then you got what you asked for!
On a more helpful note, does she use oral contraception? That stuff tends to kill the libido. I've never used it, great libido.
Uh...wait. You said the sex goddesses you dated got bored with you? What's that about? Red flag! Maybe time to examine your own love-making routine. (Routines do tend to get boring, you know... )

Which brings me to the next point: please retract your ridiculous and slanderous statement about women with high libidos. We're not bi-curious, we DO want to marry (we want to exercise those high libidos, DUH!), but, OOPS, you missed us! You picked Suzy Homemaker, and look what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships