Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Again, where did you get your stats?
Pulled out of the air.com?

Date much?
You, and several others on this thread and in this folder, hold women in contempt.
Why would they be interested in you?
I would say it has nothing to do with your monetary assets, and everything to do with your personal ones.
He's from the everyone is a winner generation. Their mommies fooled them into thinking they were entitled to all their heart's desire. Now it's sour grapes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 06:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Yeah sure. The guys I know who are he best at tasking care of themselves are usually the ones who women have the least interest in. This is because they KNOW that they must succeed on their own merits. No women to support them (because they are good looking) or parents to support them because they are well off. These two factors eliminate most of these men from the dating pool.
Do you even know what we were talking about or are you just running the script?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:46 AM

782 posts, read 1,086,663 times
Movies are for entertainment. People like happy endings to the stories. And somewhere 1/2 way, there is always the challenge. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

I suppose, if you were a famous Hollywood type, you would not be 'shot down' in the dating world using movie style techniques. Just be a normal, regular guy. It does work.

Last edited by Texabama; 04-27-2012 at 06:59 AM..

Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, society is "rigged" in favor of women. That's why men run nearly everything.
Uh, not when it comes to relationships. Women do the choosing and losing. Let's have a bit of reality here, alright?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Uh, not when it comes to relationships. Women do the choosing and losing. Let's have a bit of reality here, alright?
women have the hormonal advantage no doubt about it, she looks great and can take it or leave it, a good strong position to be in. my issue is never the women its the men. my issue is with the stupids the guys do. my issue is with the guys and their blind ignorant irresponsible legal behavior. if women fleece u in the divorce court everytime, 42 million divorces later (no fault), and u continue to enter the most serious legal contract of your life in utter ignorance of its financial consquences, whose fault is that? women do their homework, they know their rights, do u? usually not. better no contract than a bad contract. stop the insanity.
prenup dont leave home w/o it.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
Ladies, this is something that I have been pondering for awhile, and I would like your honest introspective thought about it.

I know that romantic movies are quite popular with women in general (I know, blanket statement but I would like to use it for the purposes of this question,) and while all romantic movies have different plots and casts, the most common formula of these movies is: boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl. Occasionally, when a popular romantic movie comes out there will be ladies amongst my circle of friends who will say, "Why can't more men be like (insert male protagonist)?" However, it has been commonly repeated that these romantic movies are quite unrealistic, and that an average guy who uses the same techniques of the Romantic Film Protagonist will more than likely get shot down, even if said techniques were done to a woman who likes said respective film.

This leads me to wonder: Why do (most) women like these movies, if they are unrealistic, and if they don't work if a guy in real life tries to use those techniques? I know that movies are in their nature designed to be unrealistic, and that even though I am a person who rolls his eyes at absurd of overly-unrealistic plots I do enjoy that escape from reality, but romance seems to be one of those themes that could be the most feasible in actual execution, especially when said woman asks why men can't be more like a certain protagonist.

In layman's terms: Why do women like romantic movies if, in most cases, a guy using what he sees in a movie will lead to rejection, or other negative associations? I look forward to the discussion .
The technique would fail because I don't like being thrown around by [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimmeria_%28Conan%29"]Cimmerians[/URL] in real life. It would probably throw my back out.

Oh, wait, you're talking about Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks schmaltz. Yeah, that stuff is good for a few laughs. But I've never wished that real men would act like Tom Hanks does in those movies.

Let me put it to you in True Blood terms: I was entirely annoyed by Eric Northman's behavior when the necromancer wiped his mind. Although I'm sure plenty of women were all, "awwww, so sweet," I hated that whole plot line, and I was glad to see him return to his usual cockiness and attitude.

And don't get me started on that whole Twilight stupidity. Edward is a creep who would get arrested for stalking and harassment, and Bella has set the women's movement back 50 years.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, society is "rigged" in favor of women. That's why men run nearly everything.
Do they, really, or does it just appear that way?

Old 04-27-2012, 05:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
Why do women have this mindset - yet at the same they always hate, dislike, nag and generally irritate their man - Making romance impossible - how can you possibly be romantic with the average female these days? Wonder why men don't want to be with you, wonder why you keep getting dumped, wonder you are divorced, wonder why no one wants to marry you.

Many women like romantic movies etc - but in there real life they are cold, mean, charmless, boring and very dull - therefore why would anyone want to have romantic relationship with them.

Many women are just selfish and childish - who are only in relationship to have kids, or for Convenience, or money, and complete turn off - how can be romantic with the average female these days.
I'm not really interested in the 'average woman', to be honest, and she might not be interested in me either. I hope I find someone slightly unconventional, in a good way, so we can have an unconventional relationship, in a good way.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 PM

199 posts, read 391,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
Why do women have this mindset - yet at the same they always hate, dislike, nag and generally irritate their man - Making romance impossible - how can you possibly be romantic with the average female these days? Wonder why men don't want to be with you, wonder why you keep getting dumped, wonder you are divorced, wonder why no one wants to marry you.

Many women like romantic movies etc - but in there real life they are cold, mean, charmless, boring and very dull - therefore why would anyone want to have romantic relationship with them.

Many women are just selfish and childish - who are only in relationship to have kids, or for Convenience, or money, and complete turn off - how can be romantic with the average female these days.
Romance does tend to decrease once you marry and become settled, especially with children in the mix. Do you really think a married couple is going to feel romantic after spending all day at the office, making dinner, then taking care of the children?? Not likely...they are too exhausted. But, alas, everything has a cost. If you decide to have children, ALOT of sacrifices must be made...including romance. Besides, once the honeymoon is over and you see your partner in a "not so" romantic state (with or without clothes), marriage becomes marginally dull.

I've always believed that having a common hobby or passion is a good way to keep two people together. Occasionally having a night of romance with awesome love making is just icing on the cake.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
He's from the everyone is a winner generation. Their mommies fooled them into thinking they were entitled to all their heart's desire. Now it's sour grapes.
I think I'm from this generation, the deprogramming is rough once you're deep into society's ignorance. The 90s where some dark times indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships