Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Is this hard for you or is it easy?

Also, courtesy of jobaba, please answer the question below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I'm curious to see how many men have actually flat out and completely rejected a woman who has had unmistakeable romantic interest.

Last edited by srjth; 04-25-2012 at 11:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,482 times
Easy for me. I kinda look at it from my perspective if she wasnt interested Id rather her just say it than try and be nice and lead me on.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 PM

62 posts, read 133,313 times
Never been in the position to do so.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Let me up the ante here a little. For those who say it's easy, are you up front with her about it? I'm guessing it must be hard for most guys, or the stereotypical "I'll call you", with no follow-up, wouldn't happen as often as it does.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:35 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
There have times where I have thought a woman was interested in me and got mad because I didn't ask her out/make a move on her. But then again, some of those times, I did make a move and she turned out to have no interest.

So, let's just say the amount of women I've rejected is uh ... zero.

Which is pretty shocking to me actually. I'm not a catch in the conventional sense but I am a really nice, down to Earth guy who is easy to get along with. I'd think at least one woman would have chased me during all these many years.

Nope.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:37 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
It's pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Let me up the ante here a little. For those who say it's easy, are you up front with her about it? I'm guessing it must be hard for most guys, or the stereotypical "I'll call you", with no follow-up, wouldn't happen as often as it does.
It's pretty frank and direct, your describing how a chick would handle it.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Women aren't the ones who call after the 1st or 2nd date, though, right? That's the guy's role. Women tend more to make up lame excuses, like, when the guy actually does call, "I'm washing my hair", or "I'm not interested in a relationship right now", or whatever (see myriad other threads around here).

Old 04-25-2012, 10:43 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
I DO NOT like doing it.

Two things:
1) I had less of a problem doing it when their interest was "ulterior motive" oriented - more interested in my education, place of employment, or "sperm donor" status than me as a person
2) I have diligently avoided situations where it could lead to having to reject someone*

*Story:
I was briefly involved with a parish group for single people. There was one person, an RN, who was particularly aggressive and who I was not even minimally interested in. One day, I got a phone call from her, asking what I was doing on (insert date). She caught me off guard. It was 3 months down the pike. I told her "I don't know." She said "Good, then you can go to this parish function with me and I'm planning on being on this committee...bla bla bla." She said she'd be sending me my ticket.

I was furious. Not a set-up one expects, while wiping sleep from their eyes. I kept the ticket and about 2 weeks before, I sent it back to her, telling her I had a friend from ATL flying into town with his family and I had no choice but to show them around. Never heard from her again, thankfully. I also stopped associating with that group. There were OTHER experiences like that in the short time I knew them.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
It's pretty easy.
Oh please. When did you step off the train from obliviousville? No she's not describing the way a chick would handle it. "I"ll call you" is the standard staple for men since the inception of the telephone- women have known it for years.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
This should turn into a poll.

I'm curious to see how many men have actually flat out and completely rejected a woman who has had unmistakeable romantic interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships