Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,614,546 times

Advertisements

What about a guy that looks like Kostas Martakis but is super nice, down to earth, and funny?

Would you ladies go for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 07:34 AM

270 posts, read 387,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
What about a guy that looks like Kostas Martakis but is super nice, down to earth, and funny?

sure !

Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post

I had to look him up because I didn't know who he was lol!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 AM

22,237 posts, read 29,276,194 times
I don't understand why this question keeps getting asked over and over again?? Some people want good looking people with no brains/personality and some people want average/ugly people with brains/personality...

To each their own

I would like good looking with brains and personality personally

Old 04-27-2012, 11:05 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,788,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
I had to look him up because I didn't know who he was lol!
Me too. He's good looking. Not really my type though. But if we clicked, sure.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I don't understand why this question keeps getting asked over and over again?? Some people want good looking people with no brains/personality and some people want average/ugly people with brains/personality...

To each their own

I would like good looking with brains and personality personally
Let's see, for me it is something like this order:

good looking + great personality
average looking + great personality
not good looking + great personality
good looking + decent personality + good social standing/connections

I have a big personality (and most of my friends do as well) so fitting into my social circle is key. Wallflowers don't do well.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Let's see, for me it is something like this order:

good looking + great personality
average looking + great personality
not good looking + great personality
good looking + decent personality + good social standing/connections

I have a big personality (and most of my friends do as well) so fitting into my social circle is key. Wallflowers don't do well.
l like this order!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
l like this order!
Bad personality need not apply.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:29 PM

674 posts, read 1,159,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrieveE View Post
I have read these replies.
Men think that a woman should be dressed up and made up to be acceptable enough to look at, is what I am understanding from the replies given.
But men try this on for size.
Being a woman - I dont want to wear a bunch of makeup - you dont, so why would you expect a woman to ...
When you take her to bed and wake up next to her in the morning you get the real idea of how she looks.
You should look to the heart of a woman, not what she wears. I dont have the income to dress in pretty clothes, I dont live a lifestyle that is socially expecting me to dress up. Would I? Yes, if my lifestye required it of me. Have I: yes. Paid $350.00 for a gown to wear once for a military contractor company dinner out, for a few years I did that.
You should see a woman in the raw so to speak. If you like that, just imagine how she can look when she does her hair, puts on the make-up and dress and high heels - - for you. Thats when you should say beautiful.
When all you bring to the table in terms of value is your looks (which is what women bank on these days) then you'd better put that makeup on and look presentable. I don't personally have requirements for women but it's a nice bonus if she can look clean and attractive at least in public. I'm sure women appreciate a guy that shaves/showers every day and wears clothes that haven't been washed 800 times already on a semi-regular basis. It's not about looking your best 100% of the time, but look decent and at least show us you're still trying to get our attention. There's nothing more unattractive than being with a woman who has given up on her looks. It tells us you think you have us wrapped around your finger so you stopped trying. Women who take that mindset are sorely mistaken when their man drops them for another woman.

Unfortunately, the looks factor is the same reason why women have the advantage and hold all the cards in the teens and 20's. Women set the table of value during those years and men go through their young adulthood placing looks at the top of the list in valuable qualities to look for in women, thus also being passed up as potential relationship/marriage partners for older, more established men. When these women hit their 30's and 40's they bash men that are their own age for placing so much emphasis on looks and heavily criticize them for pursuing women in their 20's.

Women make their bed in their 20's and they have to sleep in it in their 30's. If I were a woman, I'd lock in a man in my 20's the best I could because once you get older it will be hard to compete with the younger women....the men your age will still be able to land them.

It's like in sales, if you make the sales discussion revolved around price (looks) then you're setting the table for what you will need to have in order to win the business which is the lowest price. But if you show value to the customer in other ways, price (looks) becomes less important. Unfortunately, once you've already focused on price early on, it's very very hard to change the conversation to value. That's why some women fail later on in their dating life.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:02 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,614,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Me too. He's good looking. Not really my type though. But if we clicked, sure.
If you don't mind me asking, why is he not your type?

Women are not like men at all when picking men. You gals tend to choose guys in a very personal manner. If the guy reminds you of a crush from a long time ago, or your dad, or the guys you grew up with, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships