Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM

270 posts, read 387,642 times

Advertisements

What's more attractive: a beautiful/handsome face and body or confidence and good personality?

Last edited by Keeper; 04-26-2012 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: keep it genderless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Confidence and a good personality.

Look, a woman doesn't have to look like Paulina Porizkova (If you're younger than 40, Google her), but she should care about her appearance. It's not what God gave you but what you do with it. A woman who was born with flawless cheekbones who looks like a slob, dresses like a slob, is unpleasant to be around and generally doesn't take care of herself is far less attractive than a normal woman who dresses impeccably, carries herself well and is a pleasure to be with.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
I dont settle so ill take both, thank you

Old 04-26-2012, 09:35 AM

54 posts, read 160,905 times
beautiful face and body. (sorry people, you can not expect more from a 25 male!)

Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishMan View Post
beautiful face and body. (sorry people, you can not expect more from a 25 male!)
I'm 49. Live long enough and you realize that physical beauty is an accident of nature, but the spirit is a work of art.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 AM

Lol...ok maybe i should have kept the question for the 35 and over crowd

Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
Lol...ok maybe i should have kept the question for the 35 and over crowd
Probably so. We're more discerning.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM

6 posts, read 10,871 times
Default Whats more attractive

I have read these replies.
Men think that a woman should be dressed up and made up to be acceptable enough to look at, is what I am understanding from the replies given.
But men try this on for size.
Being a woman - I dont want to wear a bunch of makeup - you dont, so why would you expect a woman to ...
When you take her to bed and wake up next to her in the morning you get the real idea of how she looks.
You should look to the heart of a woman, not what she wears. I dont have the income to dress in pretty clothes, I dont live a lifestyle that is socially expecting me to dress up. Would I? Yes, if my lifestye required it of me. Have I: yes. Paid $350.00 for a gown to wear once for a military contractor company dinner out, for a few years I did that.
You should see a woman in the raw so to speak. If you like that, just imagine how she can look when she does her hair, puts on the make-up and dress and high heels - - for you. Thats when you should say beautiful.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrieveE View Post
I have read these replies.
Men think that a woman should be dressed up and made up to be acceptable enough to look at, is what I am understanding from the replies given.
But men try this on for size.
Being a woman - I dont want to wear a bunch of makeup - you dont, so why would you expect a woman to ...
When you take her to bed and wake up next to her in the morning you get the real idea of how she looks.
You should look to the heart of a woman, not what she wears. I dont have the income to dress in pretty clothes, I dont live a lifestyle that is socially expecting me to dress up. Would I? Yes, if my lifestye required it of me. Have I: yes. Paid $350.00 for a gown to wear once for a military contractor company dinner out, for a few years I did that.
You should see a woman in the raw so to speak. If you like that, just imagine how she can look when she does her hair, puts on the make-up and dress and high heels - - for you. Thats when you should say beautiful.
See, I think you're utterly missing the point.

Women AND men are judged by how much they respect themselves, and a good deal of that is indeed signaled by appearance. Not so much in a person's striking physical attributes, but rather how that person presents him- or herself to the world. The saying, "First impressions count" is an absolute truth. In a perfect world, we could all get away with wearing burlap bags or jumpsuits, but how you present yourself to the world tells the world how to think of you. In that sense, women are far harsher critics of other women than men.

Do yourself a favor next time you sit down in a restaurant. Watch the other women in the restaurant when another woman enters the place. Women give her the once-over, the up-and-down scan that takes place in 1/10th of a second. They are looking at what she wears and her manner of entering the room, using a thousand subtle clues to categorize her. In that sense, it's less about perfect legs or porcelain skin or classic cheekbones and more about her sense of style, color, and self-possession.

And, quite frankly, let's discuss the ways men are evaluated. A man could have a wonderful personality, but if he walks into the same crowded restaurant in Jesus sandals, black socks, a Pantera t-shirt, and a bad combover, he'll get the same treatment. And don't lie to me. You're likely to be very guilty of it yourself. It's just human nature. I mean, let's say an extremely unkempt man said to you, "Hey, you need to see me in the raw and appreciate me the way I am," how quickly would you say, "Why you're right! Bed me now, sailor"?

Back to the original point. It's not what you're born with. It's what you do with it.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishMan View Post
so as long as she looks good and has zero personality... it's ok??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships