Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:12 PM

179 posts, read 308,019 times

Advertisements

I think about a lot of weird **** lately, trying to fix my nearly-sexless marriage and all.

So, men, women, everyone. Do you think a woman's body type has any connection to her libido??

I tend to be attracted to the curvier women, big hips, big butt etc. but it seems they have lower libidos. My wife fits this type.

It also seems that the women I have been with who have higher sex drives are usually the thin, athletic, or almost a bit boyish in build, smaller boobs, smaller hips.

It doesnt seem to be a weight thing, more a body type, bone structure thing.

Am I just nuts or is there a connection?

Guys - what have you seen?

Ladies - what is your body type and libido?

Last edited by Keeper; 04-26-2012 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: do not bypass language filter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 02:14 PM

19,603 posts, read 20,051,089 times
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Exercise is the best thing you can do for your sex drive!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,073,186 times
I think more than anything it depends how she FEELS about her body type. I think some women are too self conscious to really let loose and enjoy themselves.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,345,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
I think about a lot of weird sh*t lately, trying to fix my nearly-sexless marriage and all.

So, men, women, everyone. Do you think a woman's body type has any connection to her libido??

I tend to be attracted to the curvier women, big hips, big butt etc. but it seems they have lower libidos. My wife fits this type.

It also seems that the women I have been with who have higher sex drives are usually the thin, athletic, or almost a bit boyish in build, smaller boobs, smaller hips.

Oh good grief

The ignorance here is astounding!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,278,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Exercise is the best thing you can do for your sex drive!
Truth! After I go to the gym I feel AMAZING and want to get my freak on. But that's just me.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,849,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think more than anything it depends how she FEELS about her body type. I think some women are too self conscious to really let loose and enjoy themselves.
^^ THIS

I know I'm not as curvy as I'd like, but *I* feel confident in myself, well, despite some extra weight lately.

Our sex drives are a lot more complicated than men's.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:19 PM

102,064 posts, read 106,986,186 times
A boyish type can morph into the type you describe (like a pear shape, they call it, right?) if she gains weight. Actually, there have been studies that say the pear shape has the stronger libido. There's a book out on body types that discusses this, I think it's called The Body Type Diet, or something. I'm not sure how much stock to put in that. I think testosterone level pretty much determines libido (assuming all else is normal, no emotional obstacles, etc.), but maybe they figure that body type is hormonally-determined, so maybe there's a link.

That may not be very helpful, but it's all I got.

edit: strawberrykiki has a good point I wonder to what extent the inhibitions are cultural, too (or relating to religion).

Old 04-26-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh good grief

The ignorance here is astounding!
Yeah...I saw the OP's thread the other day. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, and he may well be a decent guy, but it seems counterproductive to his supposed goals if he is now trying to "blame" his wife's lack of libido on her body type!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,075,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR76 View Post
I think about a lot of weird sh*t lately, trying to fix my nearly-sexless marriage and all.

I know you are trying to figure out why your wife has a low libido - but I don't think it has anything to do with her body type or the fact that she's a good wife in other ways. I'm curvy. I do not have a low libido. I'm also a good wife.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A boyish type can morph into the type you describe (like a pear shape, they call it, right?) if she gains weight. Actually, there have been studies that say the pear shape has the stronger libido. There's a book out on body types that discusses this, I think it's called The Body Type Diet, or something. I'm not sure how much stock to put in that. I think testosterone level pretty much determines libido (assuming all else is normal, no emotional obstacles, etc.), but maybe they figure that body type is hormonally-determined, so maybe there's a link.

That may not be very helpful, but it's all I got.
The testosterone thing does have merit, and, it contradicts the pear shape theory, since pear-shape usually means higher estrogen and lower testosterone, relatively speaking.

However, I did see a study that women of normal weight who were pear shaped were the most confident in their bodies, (although obese pear shaped women had the lowest confidence) so it somewhat counteracted the effects of nominally lower testosterone.

I think being physically healthy and emotionally healthy means a lot more, unless you have VERY low hormone levels, or are simply destined to have a low libido, as a small percentage of people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships