Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 AM

72 posts, read 87,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
^Regarding the above graphic, I'm sure nerdy white guys aren't chick magnets in high school either and the jocks get more action, but those guys don't usually decide to completely give up on white women because of it. I wonder why that is.
if i am a basketball player and lose every time im on my home turf but win everywhere else i go and this goes on for years, guess where I am going to want to play........ i'm going to continue playing my away games with no remorse........ you go where your odds are better.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Just because you were married to a white man doesn't mean your not angry. You have to be a angry and bitter women to say such asinine things. You sound worst than those skinsheads on stormfront. SOME, black men may date white ugly women(they themselves are probably not attractive). But that's not my reality. Usually people of the same attractiveness level pair up(which is why a lot of delusional people are by themselves).
I see you skipped my posts showing black men saying the same thing. I guess they are angry and bitter too.

Don't worry, I am sure that lots of people are buying the nonsense you are trying to sell.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 AM

72 posts, read 87,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
^Regarding the above graphic, I'm sure nerdy white guys aren't chick magnets in high school either and the jocks get more action, but those guys don't usually decide to completely give up on white women because of it. I wonder why that is.
^ this is not true.... i have tons of caucasian colleagues who have long sworn off of their women and only date asian, indian and some hispanic women.... i see this lots in la, new york and chicago

Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 AM

507 posts, read 514,011 times
Interesting that OP brought this up but I do wonder why bring it up if you are happily married to a White woman and yet and still thinking about Black women in the back of your mind?

Says a lot LOL

On the other hand, without going to deep into it, I am an African American woman, and I myself don't prefer Black men and overall have pretty much lost interest in them overall. Not because I have been rejected by them, on the contrary, they are the number group of men that have shown interest in me, approach me, and act on it. Simply because well I am no longer attracted to some of their ways, and as far as I am concerned, when I do give some of the Black men around me a chance it usually goes left and nothing positive comes out of it. I know that not all Black men are this way, but for me, it just always ends up negative. I am open to other ethnic groups, not because of rejection, but because I want to try something new.

Cocerning this notion of rejection, I find it too easy to use that as an excuse. As other posters have pointed out, people get rejected all the time by all races, that doesnt' mean you have to announce you are bailing out on them because of a few bad incidents. Furthermore, I hate the example of the Black athlete. The reality is the majority of Black athletes are married to Black women, just because they are not showcased doesn't mean they dont' exist.

If some well off Black man/woman chooses to harp on how they were rejected when they were younger I find that to be sad. The same Black women/men who are ridiculed for life because of what someone else has done, other non Black women/men get a pass. You mean to tell me that non Black women/men were always loving and accepting of you when you were broke busted and disgusted? And of course people are going to find you more attractive if you have money fame and fortune. That is not racial that is just a fact.

The average person in general will probably marry their own kind (by choice hopefully) and be just as happy. If OP is happy feels that it paid off for him marrying his White wife, then so be it. If you like I love it

Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I see you skipped my posts showing black men saying the same thing. I guess they are angry and bitter too.

Don't worry, I am sure that lots of people are buying the nonsense you are trying to sell.

I don't care about two clowns on YouTube. What are their qualifications on the subject? They probably two people who can't get a non black women, and hate on other people.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:56 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
Interesting that OP brought this up but I do wonder why bring it up if you are happily married to a White woman and yet and still thinking about Black women in the back of your mind?

Says a lot LOL

On the other hand, without going to deep into it, I am an African American woman, and I myself don't prefer Black men and overall have pretty much lost interest in them overall. Not because I have been rejected by them, on the contrary, they are the number group of men that have shown interest in me, approach me, and act on it. Simply because well I am no longer attracted to some of their ways, and as far as I am concerned, when I do give some of the Black men around me a chance it usually goes left and nothing positive comes out of it. I know that not all Black men are this way, but for me, it just always ends up negative. I am open to other ethnic groups, not because of rejection, but because I want to try something new.

Cocerning this notion of rejection, I find it too easy to use that as an excuse. As other posters have pointed out, people get rejected all the time by all races, that doesnt' mean you have to announce you are bailing out on them because of a few bad incidents. Furthermore, I hate the example of the Black athlete. The reality is the majority of Black athletes are married to Black women, just because they are not showcased doesn't mean they dont' exist.

If some well off Black man/woman chooses to harp on how they were rejected when they were younger I find that to be sad. The same Black women/men who are ridiculed for life because of what someone else has done, other non Black women/men get a pass. You mean to tell me that non Black women/men were always loving and accepting of you when you were broke busted and disgusted? And of course people are going to find you more attractive if you have money fame and fortune. That is not racial that is just a fact.

The average person in general will probably marry their own kind (by choice hopefully) and be just as happy. If OP is happy feels that it paid off for him marrying his White wife, then so be it. If you like I love it
Another hypocrite I see, gleefully states how she doesn't date black men, and turns around and bashes black who marry non black women.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM

507 posts, read 514,011 times
Quote:
Another hypocrite I see, gleefully states how she doesn't date black men, and turns around and bashes black who marry non black women.
Not at all there was no glee in my post and where do you see me bashing Black men? I clearly stated, which you chose to ignore, is that any Black man/woman who decides to go against their race over a few bad incidents and make announcement about it is disturbing to me. The same peopel who talk about being rejected by Black men/women because they were not rich, well off, or all the way put together, seem to forget the very non Black men/women who didn't show them much love either. But the only people who get a pass are the non Black people

Most of the Black men around date and prefer non Black women and there is nothing wrong with that. If anything I acknowledge it and see it as life. Why is it such a problem for others? I couldn't tell you because I don't focus on the Black men/women who choose date outside their race, I just focus on me and my love life

Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
That's what black women say when black men date outside their race. I was just asking if it was the same for you.
I never knew that black women say those sorts of things. I see no problem with dating outside my race.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Personally I will date any race so long as he is educated. Unfortunately that cuts down on the number of black men available to me, since the average black male does not hold a college degree. When you think about it, this is further evidence that average black guys date ugly white women. Why? Women date up. Almost always! And the better looking she is, they further up she is able to date.

Just look at a routine thread in which (white) men are talking about dating (white) women. The uneducated/lower income ones lament that women are evil gold diggers because they won't give them the time of day... and of course they are only complaining about attractive women, none of them are desiring the fat, ugly ones either. Why? Women date up. Women are hypergamous by nature, always have been, always will be. If an attractive white woman won't give a lower income white guy the time of day, she sure as hell isn't going to give it to a lower income black guy. And I hate to break it to you, 14Bricks, but the average black man earns a low income and is not educated.

Now let's get to the cartoon some one put up a little while ago. That once again demonstrates the hypergamy that is a part of the nature of most women, the concept of dating up. Women prefer the alpha in most situations. In high school - as the cartoon demonstrates - the alpha isn't the bookworm, it is the athletic guy with the pumped up chest. This is true across all races as most guys will tell you. In a violent society, it would be the man most handy with a gun. In a neighborhood over run by drugs, it would be the drug king pin. These are the guys with the money and/or power. As people age they move into different situations, their perception of who is the alpha moves as well. It's still about money and power, but who has the money and power has shifted. High school alpha has peaked already and is broke at 35+. High school math nerd on the other hand is entering his prime earning phase at 35+ and so now he is in control. This also is true across all races; if you look around this very board you will see white men lamenting this about white women.

Fact is, once a man becomes better than the average for his group, usually this relates to finances, all dating handicaps go out the window. This is why some time after the age of 35 being short, bald or fat doesn't matter so much any more. Black men with attractive white women? As I said from the start, that only happens with the upper level black men. Successful business men, actors, etc... Average ones? Come on.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Parents (who are most likely good looking) with compatible features will have good looking kids.
You're right - only if they're compatible. Otherwise, both parents being good-looking doesn't guarantee good-looking kids. When they're very different, the features don't morph at all and the features of the father often are inherited by the daughter. Many good-looking men have masculine and attractive but not necessarily symmetrical features that don't look good on a woman at all. Have you seen Michael Douglas's young kids? The boy looks just like Catherine; the girl - just like Michael. While I find Michael attractive, with a very masculine presence, those features don't work on a female face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships