Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're right - only if they're compatible. Otherwise, both parents being good-looking doesn't guarantee good-looking kids. When they're very different, the features don't morph at all and the features of the father often are inherited by the daughter. Many good-looking men have masculine and attractive but not necessarily symmetrical features that don't look good on a woman at all. Have you seen Michael Douglas's young kids? The boy looks just like Catherine; the girl - just like Michael. While I find Michael attractive, with a very masculine presence, those features don't work on a female face.
Rumor Willis is a good example of this. Dad was good looking, mom was good looking, but she got a bad mix of their features, making her look like a drag queen.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:00 AM

72 posts, read 87,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Why? Women date up. Women are hypergamous by nature, always have been, always will be.

As I said from the start, that only happens with the upper level black men. Successful business men, actors, etc... Average ones? Come on.
i'm sorry but i see below average looking black men and average black men with gorgeous and at the least good looking non black men all the time, especially in the younger age groups (20-35). i get shocked when i see it, but no so much because the woman is with a black guy, but because she could probably get a better looking one.

the idea of women being hypergamous is true............. but this is why women get so bent out of shape when overlooked by "their" men. us men are used women "dating up". being the alpha male, personality, height, looks = unchangeable. becoming rich is attainable. an ugly or obese women with a big bank account will not have the same affect on men as vice versa............. women do not like the idea of men dating up. this is not to say that dating a white woman is dating up.... because even if that were true, the reasons why would be interpreted as racist........ but even if men runing toward white and asian women were an epidemic and were 100% true (which it isnt), the women who supposedly want those men couldnt do a darn thing about it... its the exact some way we feel when we are passed up for things we can't help, or the way the media brainwashes everyone into thinking tall = more intelligent, bald = less desirable, more money = happiness

we could blame it on that, women will turn to evolutionary pyschology and the concept of hypergamy to justify why what they do is "natural order of things:... but no women likes to passed over and definitely feel uncomfortable knowing that an average man can "date up"..... they'd feel more comfortable with them "knowing their place"... the proof in the pudding is a lot of you assuming and asserting that a black , hispanic, indian or whatever guy feels like he has accomplished something by getting a white woman, even if she is fat or ugly.... especially if he chooses that over a perfectly fine attractive woman of their own race.

why can a woman state that she will only date 5'10 and up, or why will many women settle for a tall below average looking guy over a handsome short guy........... why will a woman choose a rich guy over a regular guy who has a middle of the road income job especially if she claims to be independent? why will a woman overlook a man who is losing hair and take the douchebag with a full head of hair? why will a woman who is a "bbw" state on their dating profile "only fit muscular men need apply"? why you ask? ......... its because "women date up or are hypergamous....

if a man chooses a white woman over his own because he enjoys her features/looks...... or chooses a fat white woman over a (insert his race here) one.......... or for some other non malleable trait then "oh no its the media"..."these men are brainwashed"........"these men are sad"..... ho hum

Last edited by Apotheosis2012; 04-28-2012 at 11:16 AM..

Old 04-28-2012, 11:03 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Rumor Willis is a good example of this. Dad was good looking, mom was good looking, but she got a bad mix of their features, making her look like a drag queen.
Yeah, it happens quite often. Many times more average people whose features blend better together have better-looking kids.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times

The subjects some come up with. It wouldn't even enter my consciousness to pose this question.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:16 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
i'm sorry but i see below average looking black men and average black men with gorgeous and at the least good looking non black men all the time, especially in the younger age groups (20-35). i get shocked when i see it, but no so much because the woman is with a black guy, but because she could probably get a better looking one.
No where in my comments on this thread have I considered looks. Men are not prized for their looks when it comes to serious dating. This thread is about a marriage, not about getting laid. When it comes to relationships and men, looks rank far lower than money, power and brains. (That's why when women are ready to settle down with a mate, the bald guy with a good job starts looking pretty damn good.)

Quote:
the idea of women being hypergamous is true............. but this is why women get so bent out of shape when overlooked by "their" men. us men are used women "dating up". being the alpha male, personality, height, looks = unchangeable. becoming rich is attainable. an ugly or obese women with a big bank account will not have the same affect on men as vice versa............. women do not like the idea of men dating up. this is not to say that dating a white woman is dating up.... because even if that were true, the reasons why would be interpreted as racist........ but even if men runing toward white and asian women were an epidemic and were 100% true (which it isnt), the women who supposedly want those men couldnt do a darn thing about it... its the exact some way we feel when we are passed up for things we can't help, or the way the media brainwashes everyone into thinking tall = more intelligent, bald = less desirable, more money = happiness

we could blame it on that, women will turn to evolutionary pyschology and the concept of hypergamy to justify why what they do is correct... but no women likes to passed over and definitely feel uncomfortable knowing that an average man can "date up"..... they'd feel more comfortable with them "knowing their place"
"Dating up" does not really exist for men. (The exception is status dating, something I touched upon earlier. I touched upon the racial forms of status dating, but there are others, such as the European phenomenon many decades ago of wealthy Jewish men marrying poor-but-titled women.) Instead, men go after looks. This is why a prince can marry a female pauper - she is the one who gets elevated, and he remains the same with good looking eye candy on his arm and in his bed. And yes, the better looking a woman is, the better off she is in the dating world. If a woman who looks better than me enters the room, my status drops and she will get most of the attention. Tough luck, life isn't fair. I don't whine about it the way that men whine when an alpha enters the room and takes away all of the attention. You are right though, plenty of women do complain about it.

Fact is, everyone gets passed over for things they can't help, except for extremely wealthy men and extremely attractive women. Tough sh!te for us all. To whine about it is unbecoming.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:49 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
WRONG!! I can gurantee that when me and my co worker go out and meet white women, NONE of them are fat or ugly. And we're far from being rich or famous. Lol, another angry black women I see. Can't y'all come up with something better. I perefer the one excuse that black men have been brain washed by the media.

Quote:
Do bitter women of your own race say that "you've been brain washed" "you hate yourself", " that you only date ugly, fat Latinas"?

Quote:
Don't you only date white men? Why do you care who black men date? Stop being a hypocrite!

Quote:
I don't care about two clowns on YouTube. What are their qualifications on the subject? They probably two people who can't get a non black women, and hate on other people.
Quote:
Another hypocrite I see, gleefully states how she doesn't date black men, and turns around and bashes black who marry non black women.
Still trying to figure out where all of your anger is coming from on this subject.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
if i am a basketball player and lose every time im on my home turf but win everywhere else i go and this goes on for years, guess where I am going to want to play........ i'm going to continue playing my away games with no remorse........ you go where your odds are better.
That's fine if that's really the case, but I just don't believe that the odds of finding a woman who will accept you is necessarily better if you go outside of your race. What is so repulsive about these men to black women that other races of women are finding so desirable? I could make the claim that a lot of black men prefer women with big butts, but white men usually don't. Therefore, since I don't have a big butt, my chances are "better" with white men. However, the truth is that although a lot of black men do like women with big butts, there are still plenty of black men who are interested in dating me. I would then just be CHOOSING to date the white men who are interested in dating me OVER the black men who are interested in dating me.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:58 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
When are we ALL going to just be honest and just admit that (many and/or some) Black men view White women (or non-Black women) as a trophy? Or as a symbol that they have "arrived" just like a BMW or Mercedes, the house on the hill and the Rolex watch?

Old 04-28-2012, 12:08 PM

45 posts, read 74,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I never knew that black women say those sorts of things. I see no problem with dating outside my race.
Don't take the words of someone who calls himself 14 bricks seriously. It is obvious that he is angry for whatever reason and seeks the opportunity to bash black women every chance he gets.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:20 PM

45 posts, read 74,099 times
Lets face it, a much larger percentage of the black men/white women couples that are out there the white women are not attractive. There are BM/WW couples irrespective of income where the WW are attractive but that pales in comparison to the norm. The more money a black man makes, the more likely that he is able to date a good looking white woman if he chooses to date outside his race.

Last edited by betterlife4me; 04-28-2012 at 12:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships