Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:58 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,896,845 times

Advertisements

In the world of dating there are many people who pretend to be single who are in fact involved, committed, and/or married. What signs reveal if that person is telling the truth or not? Do you have red flags that help you to determine if the person you have met is truly single? Does anyone have stories of being misled and something bad happened? (i.e. your own episode of Cheaters)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 05:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,392,821 times
When he does not answer his cell phone in front of you, after he sees who is calling. Then he sends a text. I was stupid enough (gullible!) To believe him when he said, "My time with you is too valuable to waste talking on the phone.". I later realized he just did not want to talk to his other girlfriends in front of me.

Another sign, he lies. "Honey, we can't go out tonight, I have to work, something came up.". And he starts turning your "relationship" into a "FWB", or stops taking you out.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,824 times
If there are a lot of time slots in their schedule that are unaccounted for, then something is likely to be fishy. I don't mean to tract that person's movement every single second, but after a month of "exclusive dating" or so, you learn their schedule and living habits and you should have a general idea of where a person is at any given time (at work, in transit, at home, with friends, visiting parents in another state, etc).

Old 04-26-2012, 05:46 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,687,686 times
If they cannot see you on the weekend...married. If they have a phone but can't text....married and using a pay by the minute phone to call you. If they only send emails during the day. Same thing with text, only during the day.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,861,214 times
Default Honestly, You Women Amaze Me!

There is no such thing as "cheating" when you get your chance to impress one of those guys you crave. He's busy audition all the talent that he can handle - everyone with a brain and a little experience with life knows this.

Why are so many women so clueless?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Um excuse me it's not clueless. It is looking at the warning signs. And if you been there done that you are well a where of them.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 PM

990 posts, read 2,560,008 times
Sign of a cheater while dating?

You should check out the gem I dated.

Went out for a couple of months when she told me, she had an "accident" with her old boyfriend and thinks she is pregnant.

I guess it gives new meaning to being "rear ended".

BTW, apparently it didn't work out for those two, and even two years later I am still getting "E-mails" from her telling me that she LOVES me. wow!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Sign of a cheater while dating?

You should check out the gem I dated.

Went out for a couple of months when she told me, she had an "accident" with her old boyfriend and thinks she is pregnant.

I guess it gives new meaning to being "rear ended".
Had she been really "rear ended," she wouldn't have had an "accident"! Tell her to do that next time!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,687,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Had she been really "rear ended," she wouldn't have had an "accident"! Tell her to do that next time!
Lolololololol! That same thought went through my head but I was too chicken to post it

Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM

508 posts, read 1,514,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
In the world of dating there are many people who pretend to be single who are in fact involved, committed, and/or married. What signs reveal if that person is telling the truth or not? Do you have red flags that help you to determine if the person you have met is truly single? Does anyone have stories of being misled and something bad happened? (i.e. your own episode of Cheaters)
If possible, show up some place to see him unexpectedly & pay attention to his reaction. Does he blow you off? Get you out of there quickly? Nervous to be seen with you? Get a little ticked off that you didn't call before showing up?

Aside from being able to do that I'd agree with the sudden and frequent change of plans + hot/cold signals.

I think cheating is tough on people and eventually most slip up. You'll find out sooner or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships