Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,584 times

Advertisements

not sure if you should break up over this, but I would definately put a stop to her behaviour. Tell her to knock it off and ignore her for a while until she appologizes. Tell her that is not cool and if she continues to do that, you will dump her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberband4me View Post
This is my first time posting on this forum, lately I've been having an issue with my girlfriend
I've been with her l for about a year, we've been really close and we talk almost everyday. Lately, she's changed, she's been getting angry at me for no reason, says mean things to me for no reason. When she has a tough time or a bad day at work I always comfort her and aid her. However, she never really seems to care about what I go through or whenever I need some clarity on a situation she never really cares.
We argued earlier this week and I told her I needed time to think and that I won't be answering an texts or phone calls, she gets pissed and cusses me out for no reason. I don't want to yell at her but she is getting to the point where I can't deal with her anymore. What should I do?
Sounds to me like its "break time" for you and your girl. Everyone has bad days, good days, average days and I don't think I know of one couple who does not have words from time to time. Explain to her that you need a break and feel that she may have some things on her mind that she needs to work through. Don't be her whipping post while she works thru this stuff, just walk away for a time and get your head back on straight.

You are obviously young so don't put all your eggs in one basket just yet. You will be surprised how many women there are available out there; women who will listen to what's up with your day and how you are feeling.

Good luck with this. It's not the end of the world, trust me. Just yet another "bump" in a relationship that will work out and if not then its good you find out early on.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,883 times
Sounds like you aren't sure that you even like her as a person anymore. Before you make any decisions, why don't you find out exactly what went wrong? Maybe it would help your next relationship. If you really can't stand her as a person, then it's probably time to move on.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:13 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Dump that girl! Take it from a guy who's wasted a lot of time on girls like yours.
So are you in a long distance relationship? If so you have no idea what may be going on with her and you just might be the brunt of something totally unlrelated to you.
How far apart are you? Can you go see her?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Is she pregnant?

If she is just being mean just because, then I would advice to dump her now. The verbal abuse only gets worse with time.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:14 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Thing is, I've tried to reason with her, she is nice and funny, but sometimes she just changes gets mad. It's getting to the point where I've been feeling miserable

So, reflect and ask yourself, Do I feel good most days and have some bad days or am I miserable most days and feel good only some days. What ever feeling seems to dominate the majority of your days is a strong indicator of whether this relationship is a positive or negative thing in your life.

Sure, by all means make an effort to communicate and ask her why she's acting like this. I would suggest that to anyone in this quandry. If she is non responsive or it continues then I would make an exit before you start getting consumed by bad feelings on more days than not.

I'm sensing some reluctance, although you haven't said it, about the possiblity of ending this situation. What is it that is stopping you? Are you tolerating things because you don't want to be alone? Don't set yourself up to be table scraps. Ask yourself, If any of my other friends treated me this way, what would I feel and do?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
This is my first time posting on this forum, lately I've been having an issue with my girlfriend

I've been with her l for about a year, we've been really close and we talk almost everyday. Lately, she's changed, she's been getting angry at me for no reason, says mean things to me for no reason. When she has a tough time or a bad day at work I always comfort her and aid her. However, she never really seems to care about what I go through or whenever I need some clarity on a situation she never really cares.

We argued earlier this week and I told her I needed time to think and that I won't be answering an texts or phone calls, she gets pissed and cusses me out for no reason. I don't want to yell at her but she is getting to the point where I can't deal with her anymore. What should I do?
I would say either she is having a paricularly hard time right now or she is over you and not able to split up for some reason. I would do just what you said and not answer the phone or any texts for awhile. If she continues to act the way she has when you are back in touch with her then I would call it quits.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Quote:

No one needs that nonsense. If she cannot tell you what is bothering her, then she can live a life without you in it. It is grossly unfair to exhibit bad behavior like that. Just because something is bothering her does not give her the right to treat you badly.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:28 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Something else just occurred to me...is she expecting a proposal and is being passive/aggressive because you aren't doing that? Just a thought...

Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
I wouldn't tolerate someone who swears at me like that... show her the door and tell her it's one-way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships