Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Here's a simple enough question with a not so simple answer.

Who are you attracted to? Women, what attracts you to a man? Do you search for a specific feature, multiple, or are you willing to just jump the random guy walking down the street? Same question to the guys being attracted to the woman.

Now, once you've gotten to know the person after several dates, what do you become more attracted to? Is it still the body, or can the personality or intelligence of the person overwhelm everything else?

Be as descriptive as you want! I'm not making a pole since there's too many options in these questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 05:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Most of the time, I don't know precisely what attracts me to someone. I just feel something good around/with them. I enjoy being in their presence. If that's the case, I try not to over analyze it and just go with it. Therefore, there are so many different types of men I like.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:42 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Default who am I attracted to? hmmm

There's no specific thing, I would say. It's just something that happens. I have weird taste in men and it's always a surprise to me and others who I am attracted to. For example, I can be attracted to a very cute guy, but also see the beauty in some guys that are not exactly good looking. I can definitely see myself dating a really hot guy and still keeping an eye on some other guy who isn't cute by anyone's standards. It's just something that happens, I never force it. There's usually something about them.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:46 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Here's a simple enough question with a not so simple answer.

Who are you attracted to? Women, what attracts you to a man? Do you search for a specific feature, multiple, or are you willing to just jump the random guy walking down the street? Same question to the guys being attracted to the woman.

Now, once you've gotten to know the person after several dates, what do you become more attracted to? Is it still the body, or can the personality or intelligence of the person overwhelm everything else?

Be as descriptive as you want! I'm not making a pole since there's too many options in these questions!
Who am I attracted to? My Husband.

What attracts me to a man in general? I prefer Blanch Deveroux's description from The Golden Girls. - "I just LOVE a tight man! Cast iron pecs, thighs that could choke a bear and a butt you could eat breakfast off of!"

Overtime what do I become more attracted to? Compatability. If a man shaves his chest hair, smokes or if I discover something else that is a deal breaker he is gone in a heartbeat. I need a man I can live with and whom I am comfortable being around. Personality and intelligence is key. Especially if we have similar tastes and hobbies.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:46 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Well, the responses so far are kind of odd. LOL

There's no wrong answer to these questions though, they're your taste!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Many things.
1. facial features, eyes, hair
2. height
3. how they walk
4.manners
5.how they act
6. how they dress
7. Treat family
8. personality
9. funny

Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Way too many things for me to write down without treating this like a serious school assignment.

Let's see... she has to look appealing to me. That doesn't mean she has to fit into a very specific body type, I find myself physically attracted to women of several shapes and sizes. Probably the most important feature really is the face though. That's one common thread between all the women I've found very pretty/hot/attractive. They just have really nice faces! I figure that's what you're gonna be looking at most of the time so yeah it's important to me.

The personality really does it for me though. I can think of one girl who I was into last year (friend zoned). She's cute but not a "smokeshow" as they say. But as I got to know her more I found myself liking her more and more. Intelligence is important too, she doesn't have to be einstein but she has to be smart. A friend of mine knows a LOT about biology and I'm not gonna lie, there's something nice about when she starts explaining **** to me... intelligence is very attractive.

It's definitely a holistic thing for me. I know what's an attractive girl for me when I see and get to know one.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Someone that makes me feel good about myself. And if he happens to have a pair of big ol bue eyes...even better!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,547,427 times
What initially attracts me physically is height, good posture and broad shoulders. I am 5'8", so short guys don't do it for me. Any man I'm attracted to will always be over 6 feet. I also like a pleasant face.

However, I'm not attracted to just any tall man who is physically appealing. The men that I will actually want to go out with are somewhat bold. They are not shy about approaching me, and show me right away that they are interested and want to get to know me. He has to be a good conversationalist, otherwise I will lose interest.

As we spend more time together, other things that will increase and sustain my attraction to him are intelligence, personality, good manners, kindness, and similar values.

For it to lead to marriage, he has to make me feel like I am the most important person in his life.

Last edited by Pivot Point; 02-08-2012 at 07:34 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM

25 posts, read 40,990 times
I'm attracted to men who are secure in themselves. I don't like men who are loud or cocky. I like a man who is funny, smart and treats people well. A man who is interested in me and what I have to say and think. I like a man with a healthy appetite who is still fit and loves to travel and experience new things.

Physically...that's a hard one, as it has changed greatly...and really depends on the person. Hmmm...however, I think Hugh Laurie is absolutely sexy and unbelievably appealing. I would be all over him in a hot minute...
Thankfully, Hubby understands...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships