Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:09 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Spin of another thread but I wonder what it does mean to some.

If you had a baby by a man do you think this allots you to special treatment?

I really would like to just share values as it seems to have a grand scope of varied opinions on the matter.

I personally feel married or not if I choose to have a child it is my responsibility alone. I would never make a plan to need a male to fulfill any parenting responsibility. It would be nice if that were the case. Personally I just don't feel you should procreate if you can not be a one parent person. Even if the person stayed by your side..what if they got ill etc?

The possibility of the uncertainty of having the person there is my reasoning for the stability of the child. What is your reasoning for you opinion?
As opposed to a woman having a baby with an animal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 09:59 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
I am aware of the possibilities and acknowledge the fact that **** happens...
Does that count? Does being aware of what can happen and setting your ego aside for critical thinking make you on the drugs?
You implied that your future husband and father of your child might not hold any responsibility for that child. To have a child with someone within a relationship, with those parameters, is completely absurd. Critical thinking? I think not.

Holding a father responsible is for the child's benefit...not for your ego.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:33 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Spin of another thread but I wonder what it does mean to some.

If you had a baby by a man do you think this allots you to special treatment?

I really would like to just share values as it seems to have a grand scope of varied opinions on the matter.

I personally feel married or not if I choose to have a child it is my responsibility alone. I would never make a plan to need a male to fulfill any parenting responsibility. It would be nice if that were the case. Personally I just don't feel you should procreate if you can not be a one parent person. Even if the person stayed by your side..what if they got ill etc?

The possibility of the uncertainty of having the person there is my reasoning for the stability of the child. What is your reasoning for you opinion?
What does it mean? It would mean I expected him to be an active part of the child's life. I would never have a child with a man anyways. There seems to be a lot of "the woman is carrying the baby so it's all on her" mentality going around. Two people made the child, so two people should be expected to shoulder the responsibility. The likelihood you will end up a single mother is more probable than not, so it sounds like a good idea to at least have yourself together when the other shoe drops. But to start out thinking he bares no responsibility? Yea right. But I can't say I'm surprised.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I would have to be married, financially and emotionally stable before having a child! Which I was by the way...
THIS^ It would mean that I was married to him and secure financially.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Ohh boy see..because people get pregnant in different types of situations, I dont know that we will find a clear answer. I think now adays, with all the teen pregnancies, and just out of wedlock pregnancies in general, Im not sure how people look at having a baby. Ive seen people knocked up by one night stands..get pregnant during an affair..get pregnant married..getting pregnant while being boyfriend and girlfriend, etc. I see women with 4 kids, each with a different daddy. Gee..guess she wants special treatment from all 4 of them.

As far as do I think I deserve special treatment if ..say..I had gotten pregnant while dating someone, and we broke up. NO. I practice what I preach. If I had gotten pregnant, then I would expect that both of us would have to act like adults and be good parents to this child, regardless if we were together or not. Even if I was married and got divorced, I know that my status will not be the same with him. BUT..my child's status should stay the same.

Funny the ones that were ex girlfriends or casually dating and got pregnant and think they deserve special treatment. Your man apparently never felt you were special enough to put a ring on your finger and marry you, with or without a kid. But here you are rolling up with your baby carriage like your poo dont stink. Step back, and be thankful and happy if the man is doing right by his child and loving him, supporting him and raising him right. Find another man for the love that YOU need.

Ex WIVES I may be a tad bit more understanding with..just a tad..because again..if its over its over. I expect there to be boundaries. Do what you need to do with respect to your child, but dont involve your nose into OUR business too much. Of course we all will have to deal with each other, espescially if he and I marry. But dont expect to do what you used to, or have the leeway you used to. I will respect your status as ex-'whatever', and mother of his child, but you BETTER respect mine.

I see women squirting out babies left and right nowadays like nothing. Like getting a new puppy.
So dont run that 'oh i have his child' crap on me. I may sound tough, but seriously as long as a woman is not trying to run MY household and my man, im good. Know the boundaries, and respect them.

It is like that and children having children is a very bad idea.
I wish religious people with problems with birth control would not be as influential as they are.

We need access to birth control for all, if we are to progress as a nation.
It is unrealistic to think that all will abstain from sex out of wedlock.

And almost 50% of babies today are born to young, incapable, pooor and ill educated mothers.

It is a SHAME!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I hardly think that George Washington's mother had a problem finding daycare.

20yrsinBranson
What does George Washington's mother have to do with it. My dh died when the kids were very young. I dont feel the obstacles I faced raising them alone were any different than if I had never been married or they never knew their father. The bottom line is your a single parent regardless if you did it intentionally or were a victim of circumstance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships