Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:47 PM

230 posts, read 525,844 times

Advertisements

I'm a 27 year old college student. I'm looking for women around my age between 18-32, preferably also college students or at least someone that doesn't have a bachelor's yet. And I'm looking to date outside my race. Considering those factors, what dating website would you recommend that's legit?

I've already tried POF a few times and caught nothing of interest. I've also tried OKC, but I don't like that one and refuse to use it again. Interracialmatch doesn't have very many profiles for my area. A few years ago I was on true, and got some replies, but no dates. But I've also heard that certain sites use fake profiles just to get ppl to give away their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Probably eHarmony or Match.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Depends on where you live, OKCupid seems to be spreading like wildfire in big cities and POF is still huge too. If you are a black man and looking for white women online, it's going to be rough sailing because a lot of white girls aren't into black guys. Online dating isn't the best thing in the first place and even if you're a Bryant Gumbel type, theres a large segment of white women who just aren't attracted to black men. You should keep at it though, its a game of persistence for most.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
My thoughts on OKC... the developers have a very loose definition of "OK."

Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Probably this one. Get good advice here and you'll do better anywhere you go.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:12 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
your mileage may vary , but i have had a better experience on a paid site like match.

it still isn't worth it, though, like I said.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:09 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
I have used OKCupid for 5 years with great success in 2 states and 3 countries (note: I am 24 and only recently became interested in looking for serious, long term partners). I can't understand why people would pay for a dating site, but maybe it's a geographic thing. Boston is filled to the brim with intelligent, successful Jewish men who use OKC, so why bother with someone who would waste money on a pay site?

OKC's matching algorithm is the only one that comes close to being accurate. With such a high number of people over a 90% match with me in the Boston area, I don't ever have to go beneath that. Most of my friends are on OKC as well, several of whom are now engaged.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have used OKCupid for 5 years with great success in 2 states and 3 countries (note: I am 24 and only recently became interested in looking for serious, long term partners). I can't understand why people would pay for a dating site, but maybe it's a geographic thing. Boston is filled to the brim with intelligent, successful Jewish men who use OKC, so why bother with someone who would waste money on a pay site?
It's also an age/gender thing; I can't imagine what sort of 24 year old woman could fail at online dating. She would have to really suck at life.

As for me, I think it makes some sense to pay $$ if it gets more responses. Match is lame and overpriced, but you don't have as many flakes.

Last edited by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus; 04-30-2012 at 09:46 AM..

Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
It's also an age/gender thing; I can't imagine what sort of 24 year old woman could fail at online dating. She would have to really suck at life.

As for me, I think it makes some sense to pay $$ if it gets more responses. Match is lame and overpriced, but you don't have as many flakes.
LOL, match is a glorified POF..at least in my city.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
LOL, match is a glorified POF..at least in my city.
I just get tired of being flaked on. It takes time to read profiles, takes time to write messages, and you don't get many responses. Then you finally get to talking to someone -- invest some time getting to know someone and then they disappear.

This has happened to me about 20 or 30 times in the past few years, mainly on POF and OKC. I joined Match... I still get flaked on, but not quite as often. This is why I say that guys should not be using online dating until later in life, when women gain the ability to smell their own poo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships