Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,787,954 times

Advertisements

Ladies, Have You Ever Married A Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
whom you broke up with, who you knew wanted to marry you and you moved on only to find that the one person who was faithfully there had always been by your side?

If so, how is your married life like? What is your level of happiness like? Do you feel like you truly married 'the one'?
My answer is no, but I sure wish I had. For some reason, I broke the heart of a nice man during my college years, and again (different guy) during grad school. Now I'm married and miserable. Spending a LOT of time wondering "what if". Looks like I'm going to be divorced at age 40 and that is certainly not what I had in mind.

I think love is like real estate: your first offer is usually your best!

(meaning that long-term relationships where you meet in college and have a "history" together are probably more stable than waiting until you are 30 and going on some on-line dating site)

I know couples who married right after we graduated high school (still married 22 years later), as well as a lot of people who married during our college years and pretty much all of those couples are still together. I also know 3 couples who met on-line and so far, so good.

I just feel like a fool for letting two good men go. One told me he was going to ask me to marry him and the other told me he was just out shopping for rings! What a fool I am. Now I have a man who couldn't care less and is pretty much everything I was trying to avoid. I guess I was desperate by the time I met him online.

Well, to add a twist, one of the above mentioned men is still single after all of these years. I might contact him, but NOT now - not until I get my act together so to speak. We dated for 7 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,937,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I just feel like a fool for letting two good men go. One told me he was going to ask me to marry him and the other told me he was just out shopping for rings! What a fool I am. Now I have a man who couldn't care less and is pretty much everything I was trying to avoid. I guess I was desperate by the time I met him online.

Well, to add a twist, one of the above mentioned men is still single after all of these years. I might contact him, but NOT now - not until I get my act together so to speak. We dated for 7 years.
Did you drop them just because you thought it was too early? If you were with one for 7 years, it couldn't have been that early...

Old 04-30-2012, 03:47 PM

426 posts, read 556,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
Ladies, Have You Ever Married A Guy

My answer is no, but I sure wish I had. For some reason, I broke the heart of a nice man during my college years, and again (different guy) during grad school. Now I'm married and miserable. Spending a LOT of time wondering "what if". Looks like I'm going to be divorced at age 40 and that is certainly not what I had in mind.

I think love is like real estate: your first offer is usually your best!

(meaning that long-term relationships where you meet in college and have a "history" together are probably more stable than waiting until you are 30 and going on some on-line dating site)

I know couples who married right after we graduated high school (still married 22 years later), as well as a lot of people who married during our college years and pretty much all of those couples are still together. I also know 3 couples who met on-line and so far, so good.

foolish, foolish, foolish... i would leave him alone i mean 7 years and u dump him but then want to ..... unbelievable.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,787,954 times
Good point. Who knows if I will ever contact him. Dating will be the last thing on my mind if I end up divorced and just trying to work and make ends meet.

I was thinking of contacting him much later, just an e-mail to tell him I am officially divorced (this could take awhile) and then ball would be in his court. Maybe I never hear from him, maybe I end up with a friend. It's complicated because I broke up with him, then we got back together, (and lived together), and then he said he wanted us to "see other people" so I moved out. Then when I started seeing someone, he was upset and said he didn't think that meant right away! (???)

We used to have some really good conversations, which is all I'm really looking for these days. Just someone who wants to talk/ interact with me and who doesn't tell me I'm "mentally ill" "have no sense of humor" (because I don't think being told that I'm evil and mentally ill is FUNNY) - this and worse is what I get from my husband. No wonder I'm letting my mind wander back to better relationships!

I told my husband I'm desperate for just a HUG, and he said "you get what you deserve!" How sad is that? I can't remember the last time he hugged me. I guess he just hates me. All I know is I would rather be alone than with someone who doesn't love/ respect me.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 PM

900 posts, read 1,697,593 times
^^^^^^ contact him! Get your confidence up and go for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships