Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 AM

58 posts, read 127,384 times

Advertisements

...especially if the guy cheats or the guy is the one who ends it, that a girl is highly likely to engage in casual sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
What is your reason for asking?

Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 AM

58 posts, read 127,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What is your reason for asking?
I'm a curious george.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byfuglien View Post
...especially if the guy cheats or the guy is the one who ends it, that a girl is highly likely to engage in casual sex?
Good morning,

How could we possibly know the answer to this question with so many different individuals who handle breakups in different ways?

Honest question, I'm not trying to bash you.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:15 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
i would think its more likely the girl would not want to be with any guy for sometime

Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM

607 posts, read 1,216,463 times
No

Old 05-02-2012, 08:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Ask her out and see.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
I can only speak for myself, but my ex-husband cheated on me and left, and for several months, I could barely bring myself to go out of the house, other than to work. The world beyond my front door became a very scary place, and the last thing I wanted was to be around people, let alone another guy for a random hookup. Once I regained my equilibrium, the first night a friend and I went out, I took one look at the guys ogling us from their barstools and wanted to run home and hide again.

When you're cheated on, it can shake you to the core, it's a violation, and it's not something you bounce back from immediately. I would be very wary of someone who could just "get over it" and throw themselves back into dating/having sex immediately. IMO, that's someone who is avoiding their issues rather than dealing with them, and isn't in the best frame of mind to be involving themselves with others.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I can only speak for myself, but my ex-husband cheated on me and left, and for several months, I could barely bring myself to go out of the house, other than to work. The world beyond my front door became a very scary place, and the last thing I wanted was to be around people, let alone another guy for a random hookup. Once I regained my equilibrium, the first night a friend and I went out, I took one look at the guys ogling us from their barstools and wanted to run home and hide again.

When you're cheated on, it can shake you to the core, it's a violation, and it's not something you bounce back from immediately. I would be very wary of someone who could just "get over it" and throw themselves back into dating/having sex immediately. IMO, that's someone who is avoiding their issues rather than dealing with them, and isn't in the best frame of mind to be involving themselves with others.
I have a friend who was cheated on supposedly multiple times by her ex who she was with for 5 years and was her first love (we met our firsts around the same time). Well, 5 months after he moved and they officially broke up, she met her current boyfriend who she seems to be very in love with. they moved in together after a month of dating. I find it really weird that this is someone who has been cheated on, that she would open up so easily to the next guy. Its kind of why I wonder if she lied about the cheating thing, she can be pathological so who knows. I wasn't even cheated on and I was shaken up pretty good when my first love went from making me his entire world to him not wanting me at all, in a split second. I still have to stop myself every time I second guess a guys desire in me and consciously stop myself from thinking "ohhh he'll change his mind in a few months like that last one did..cuase he's a man driven by lust and lust wears off" and its been a few years since him. I've gotten a lot better but ya, these things tend to scar people to a degree. so I can't imagine how shaken I'd be if I was cheated on. I'm pretty sure I would have had the same reaction as you had.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times
My ex dumped me about 7 months ago and I havent had any casual sex at all. Im not having it again until I get married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships