Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 10:51 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Clooney definitely looks better older in those photos. Not even close.

You picked a Pitt photo where he was trying to look haggard.

Not that it matters. I don't buy into the men are programmed to look for younger women nonsense. Or women automatically look worse as they're older. I've met a lot of old female classmates that are much hotter at 40 than they were at 18-22.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 10:59 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
I'd imagine George Clooney and Brad Pitt are considered more physically attractive now than they were in their early 20s. Men are biologically more attracted to younger women, it doesn't necessarily work the same the other way. Biological attraction towards a man doesn't work the same.
Eh....that's pushin' it a little bit. Clooney is well into his 50's....Brad...late 40's? I haven't seen either with their shirts off in awhile. They are handsome but at some point that DOES turn into "grizzled" which is not what I'm after. Men in their mid 30's to early 40's CAN look best. Of course some guys get a beer belly in college and it's all down hill from there!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:03 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,479,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Clooney definitely looks better older in those photos. Not even close.

You picked a Pitt photo where he was trying to look haggard.

Not that it matters. I don't buy into the men are programmed to look for younger women nonsense. Or women automatically look worse as they're older. I've met a lot of old female classmates that are much hotter at 40 than they were at 18-22.
I picked that picture because you can see all his wrinkles. So many pictures of him are photoshopped it's hard to find one that's not. But he does look haggard.

On Clooney we are going to have to agree to disagree. It his youth he had that dark hair, defined waist, and sharp look. Now he's gray, thicker, and has puffy eyes and old man ears. He looks good, but I can't see wanting to be intimate with the old Clooney the way I would the young Clooney.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
I'd imagine George Clooney and Brad Pitt are considered more physically attractive now than they were in their early 20s. Men are biologically more attracted to younger women, it doesn't necessarily work the same the other way. Biological attraction towards a man doesn't work the same.
George Clooney, maybe. Compare Brad Pitt now--or even in his early 40s--with Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise? Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall? Come on, be serious.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:14 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
On Clooney we are going to have to agree to disagree. It his youth he had that dark hair, defined waist, and sharp look. Now he's gray, thicker, and has puffy eyes and old man ears. He looks good, but I can't see wanting to be intimate with the old Clooney the way I would the young Clooney.
He looked sh*tty with that dark, oily hair. That's one thing that makes him so much better looking now.

This: https://ladysmut.files.wordpress.com...orge-young.jpg

Vs. This

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-c...ig-640x360.jpg

He looks refined, mature, handsome now... where back then he just looked like a gross, well, shouldn't use the term that comes to mind. It's not even close IMO.

But whatever.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:17 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
What I don't understand is why you and th many men who think like you need a justification for your choices, especially one that feeds into the idea that women's only purpose is to give birth. If women are birth machines, then it does follow that younger, fitter birth machines are the best birth machines. It also follows then that women lose their purpose absolutely by about age 50 when they're no longer fertile, and relatively by about 30 when typically younger and fitter birth machines can be identified. What kind of effing way is that to run a world, though?

And logically, since those young birth machines only need quality input and protection from men for a few years after they produce, then men's useful shelf life is pretty brief too. A lot of men quote biology but then bring in customs that have nothing to do with biology on it's basest level. Men with control of abundant resources don't have any biological appeal to fertile young women. On the basest level they are looking for a hard dick attached to a man who can kill stuff to feed her and her offspring. That biology relates most to a firm set of t*** and a thin waist on a woman. A 23 year old man with a flat stomach, two good shoulders and knees, and a spear can do that better keeping her and a child alive for a few years than a man even 10 years older with 3 spears.

And you know what, in some deep part of our brains the impulse to reproduce that leads to sexual attraction and sexual behavior is pretty much about the best birth machines and the best protectors of same. I'm glad my amygdala functions as well as it does at my age. Those impulses provide a lot of pleasure and give me a lot to think about. I decided long ago that I'm not my amygdala, though. I'm the entity that thinks and decides what to do with those impulses the amygdala proliferates. I also decided that since I never "think" of women as merely a means to an end (me reproducing my genes) I won't talk about them that way. To be fair, more and more women talk about men in those base terms these days as evidenced by a few threads here lately, and that kind of sucks too. Especially since their anger is directed at the "my dick won't cooperate unless she's hot because biology" crowd, who are deaf to anything women have to say besides "how about it", and yet their crap registers with men like me who aren't and haven't been the problem.

Sometimes I'm like "f*** everybody".

Old 10-07-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
He looked sh*tty with that dark, oily hair. That's one thing that makes him so much better looking now.

Vs. This

He looks refined, mature, handsome now... where back then he just looked like a gross, well, shouldn't use the term that comes to mind. It's not even close IMO.

But whatever.
Like I said we are going to have to agree to disagree. Older Clooney looks like my dad. And he's got major wrinkles and his body is less defined. Younger Clooney needs a haircut, but he looks more vibrant and his body is more defined (and not covered in gray).

He's a good looking man either way, but personality I find the younger one better looking.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:32 AM

914 posts, read 765,545 times
Op, yes most men and women prefer to date within their own peer group. And, yes in relationships (or at least according to marital statics) men tend to be older and women tend to younger, but often not by more than a few years difference between them.

Also yes, people lose vitality and fertility as they age, everyone does! And most people (there are exceptions due to lifestyle) looked their best physically in about their 20's to early or mid 30's. Using movie stars is a poor way to make a point as to how people age (as was already stated). Most men won't look like Brad Pitt in their 50's, and most women won't look like Christy Brinkley in their 60's. So what?

Op, I'm sure your question was rhetorical so you already knew the answer anyway.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:39 AM

602 posts, read 395,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsy View Post
I am 37 and tend to date women in their mid 20s. Most women in their 30s let their bodies go, and I am not physically attracted to them. Plus most women in their 30s have extra baggage (kids) that I don't want to deal with, and they are looking to find someone to shack up with and support them and their kids. I'm not looking to be a father and provider for someone else's offspring, so that generally excludes most women in their 30s.
I love all these "women in their 30s let themselves go" posts. My favorite part is that they are usually coming from men who have also let themselves go.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Vs. This

But whatever.
You know what, to be fair Clooney did look better in his 30s and early 40s than he did in his 20s. But I still think he's past that bell curve so to speak. But that might be a reflection of my age. I bet if I were older, I'd find the older Clooney hotter too. I think a lot of it is relative age to the other person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships