Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2016, 11:39 AM

372 posts, read 740,532 times

Advertisements

I'm around 30 and I like women around 22-24. I would be open to dating a woman in her early 30's, but she'd have to be on point. Too many women in that age range are looking for something that will lead towards marriage, and they arent as fun as the younger ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 07:37 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times
The fact is that I don't see any examples attractive never-married women or men in their 30s. I'm almost 30 and I don't see any attractive single women my age, period.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:43 PM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
The fact is that I don't see any examples attractive never-married women or men in their 30s. I'm almost 30 and I don't see any attractive single women my age, period.
Go get your eye prescription updated.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:50 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Or they're just plain jaded from a string of bad relationships, a bad marriage, a lifetime of picking the wrong guys, etc. Who wants damaged goods? I'm going to see this adorable little 27 year old I ran into randomly at an event next week. I got over 10 years on her I guarantee you that doesn't stop me from trying though. No kids, full of life, positive thinker, active... you do what you gotta do to find someone like that.
Technically you would also be damaged goods given you will have had a lifetime of your own experiences! I find it helps to not think of people as goods!

Old 10-08-2016, 08:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Or they're just plain jaded from a string of bad relationships, a bad marriage, a lifetime of picking the wrong guys, etc. Who wants damaged goods? I'm going to see this adorable little 27 year old I ran into randomly at an event next week. I got over 10 years on her I guarantee you that doesn't stop me from trying though. No kids, full of life, positive thinker, active... you do what you gotta do to find someone like that.
Why do you think a young woman wouldn't find a much older guy, who also has had a string of relationships he either wanted to work out but they didn't, or he is just so unemotional that he never really wanted any depth anyway, plus whose body is being slowly chipped away at no matter how active he is by the ravages of time, to be damaged goods?

If time and go-nownere relationships make a person damaged goods then you are damaged goods.

You're middle-aged.

She's not.

Nothing is going to change that until she too is middle-aged. At which time you will be ready for AARP.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:22 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Go get your eye prescription updated.
That would be my advice too.

Seriously

I understand that when you're a teenager or maybe even early 20's, people in their 30's seem old. My parents were very young when I was born. My mom turned 19 about 17 days after I was born and my dad was 19 when o was born. I never thought of them as old, since they were so much younger than most people's parents my age. But I could see how a teenager or early 20's person would think 30's is old.

Now when you get to be in your 30's, even 50 doesn't seem so old anymore. When I was a little kid, I thought 50 was ancient! That's how old my grandparents were when I was like 5! But I'll be 34 this year and 50 isn't old. And with that, the realization that I'm almost closer to my 50th birthday than my 18th!😱

There's a lot of beautiful women in their 30's and even much older than that. I think someone is either in denial or terribly narrow minded if they're in their 30's, yet can't find any people of the same age they think are even attractive. I'm not saying they're narrow minded if they choose not to date women that age, that's their choice. But can't find any that they even think are attractive?

Old 10-08-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
There's a lot of beautiful women in their 30's and even much older than that.
You're missing an important qualifier that I made. I said I see no attractive single women in their late 20s or older.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:29 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
You're missing an important qualifier that I made. I said I see no attractive single women in their late 20s or older.
First off, how do you know they are in their late 20's or older when you're out and about?

Second, when you're only looking at a certain age range, you tend to dismiss older women.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
First off, how do you know they are in their late 20's or older when you're out and about?
Doesn't have to be when I'm out and about. I know how old my friends and acquaintances are. I could go scroll through my Facebook friends list and try to find an example of a woman I'm attracted to who is around my same age (+/- 5 years) and single. I already know there are none.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:00 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:
Doesn't have to be when I'm out and about. I know how old my friends and acquaintances are. I could go scroll through my Facebook friends list and try to find an example of a woman I'm attracted to who is around my same age (+/- 5 years) and single. I already know there are none.
Gosh. What a miserable world you live in. Where I live there's eye candy galore in their 20s, 30s & 40s. I had no idea life is so miserable for some
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships