Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 10:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times

Advertisements

Initially I canceled a date tonight but I called her and we met up anyways. This woman is 32 years old and very sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 10:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,447 times
I'm a 34 years old woman, and I don't find it difficult to date men in their 30's. Actually I even get guys much younger than me asking me on dates (22-25 years old).
Now finding a decent man is another topic

Old 10-08-2016, 10:16 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louby View Post
I'm a 34 years old woman, and I don't find it difficult to date men in their 30's. Actually I even get guys much younger than me asking me on dates (22-25 years old).
Now finding a decent man is another topic
it's good for sex in the nightclub, but it's unacceptable for the serious relationship. IMHO.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:18 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Or they're just plain jaded from a string of bad relationships, a bad marriage, a lifetime of picking the wrong guys, etc. Who wants damaged goods? I'm going to see this adorable little 27 year old I ran into randomly at an event next week. I got over 10 years on her I guarantee you that doesn't stop me from trying though. No kids, full of life, positive thinker, active... you do what you gotta do to find someone like that.
An "adorable little 27 y.o." you say? Was she wearing those ruffle-rumba-butt panties and buckle shoes?
A guy definitely does 'do what hes gotta do' to get one when they're outa your league, you may like to start reserving rooms at fancy resorts for road trips and v.i.p. box suite seats right away

Old 10-08-2016, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
it's good for sex in the nightclub, but it's unacceptable for the serious relationship. IMHO.
No one bats an eyelid if guys of 35 years old have relationship with a 20 years old girl

Old 10-08-2016, 10:44 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louby View Post
No one bats an eyelid if guys of 35 years old have relationship with a 20 years old girl
35 and 20 is almost verging on child abuse. LOL.... 20 is soooooo young and 35 is soooo not "stupid young" like 20 is.

Whatever, I guess everyone's legal. I'd rather suck on hot coals than date a 20 yr old woman. LOL, the idiocy coming out of her mouth just wouldn't be worth the "youth" that she brings to the table.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:48 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
You're missing an important qualifier that I made. I said I see no attractive single women in their late 20s or older.
I'm sure they're out there.

It was easier to find singles under 25 or so, back when I was single. It seemed a good amount of 25+ year olds were either married or had kids and maybe even were divorced already. I even went out with a few 24 year olds that had kids already.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:22 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why do you think a young woman wouldn't find a much older guy, who also has had a string of relationships he either wanted to work out but they didn't, or he is just so unemotional that he never really wanted any depth anyway, plus whose body is being slowly chipped away at no matter how active he is by the ravages of time, to be damaged goods?

If time and go-nownere relationships make a person damaged goods then you are damaged goods.

You're middle-aged.

She's not.

Nothing is going to change that until she too is middle-aged. At which time you will be ready for AARP.
No one said having relationships that didn't work out made you damaged goods. It's your mental state in the here and now that matters. I'm not sure what type of age gap you're talking about...as far as myself goes I know I can date a woman at least 10 years younger than me very easily.

The fact is by age 35 a lot of single women are jaded. They don't care about romance anymore or if they are divorced they might not even want to get married again. A lot of them are also tied down with young kids and I will never deal with that.

Men chasing younger women is just normal it's always been like that. Not to mention, it's like that all over the world. I live near a couple from India and her husband is around 15 years older than her.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:28 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
No one said having relationships that didn't work out made you damaged goods. It's your mental state in the here and now that matters. I'm not sure what type of age gap you're talking about...as far as myself goes I know I can date a woman at least 10 years younger than me very easily.

The fact is by age 35 a lot of single women are jaded. They don't care about romance anymore or if they are divorced they might not even want to get married again. A lot of them are also tied down with young kids and I will never deal with that.

Men chasing younger women is just normal it's always been like that. Not to mention, it's like that all over the world. I live near a couple from India and her husband is around 15 years older than her.
I've got news for you. A lot of men over 35 are jaded too. It took a lot of dating for me to find one who wasn't. But I can't even remember how many dates I had with men who usually spent the date complaining about ex wives, ex girlfriends, womankind in general. I wondered if they really wanted a date or just a sympathetic ear to talk to. I usually listened and offered support but I never dated those men again. I was looking for a boyfriend, not looking to be someone's personal life counselor.

That said, a lot doesn't mean all. So I never gave up on men (or try to stray dating men that seem like kids to me). I guess I'm determined and optimistic. I'm not jaded when it comes to men because quite a few are jaded when it comes to women. I Just kept looking and that's how I found someone wonderful.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:31 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
An "adorable little 27 y.o." you say? Was she wearing those ruffle-rumba-butt panties and buckle shoes?
A guy definitely does 'do what hes gotta do' to get one when they're outa your league, you may like to start reserving rooms at fancy resorts for road trips and v.i.p. box suite seats right away
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Haha I almost this missed this. This reeks of jadedness I love it. Hilarious. How do you know if someone is out of someone's league over the internet exactly? Lol. My last girlfriend was almost 10 years younger than me and adorable, attractive, hot, a babe, could dress to kill, really high on the 1 to 10 scale. Whatever terminology you like. I know men chasing younger woman sends some women over the edge mentally but really it's just the natural order of things in many cases.

Adorable to me is someone that hasn't let herself go just like I haven't, and yup I like women more on the slender or petite side that doesn't look like a pool table when she puts on a green sundress.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-10-2016 at 08:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships