Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 AM

29 posts, read 18,039 times

Advertisements

if he contacts u every night and u r interested in him,just be initiative sometimes to show u care for him and wanna go on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 07:53 PM

199 posts, read 390,621 times
If a guy is interested....he'll call.

Although there is nothing wrong with a woman initiating contact...so long as she's not the fatal attraction, creepy type.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:12 PM

176 posts, read 977,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
Here is my 2 cents. A woman should never offer of give a guy her number. A guy needs to take the initiative to ask for it. If he doesn't, there is a reason for it, including he is not interested having anything more than coffee shop encounters with you. Unless the guy is a social retard, no guy is too shy about asking for your number, it's too easy to do... "hey, give me you number and I'll text you the link/direction/etc."

There is one other related item you should be aware of. Some guys, including myself in certain situations, find it a turn off when they are no longer the pursuer, the one doing the chase. It's weird concept but sometimes it feels like it deprives us of playing that part of our role as a man. I know it's crazy and we should get over it, but it somehow affects libido and sexual desire. For example, I use to think it would be great to have a hot woman just come up to me at a bar and say, "lets go to your place and screw our brains out." Guess what, happened to me twice and it totally turned me off, no room for me to be the hunter, my tube snake wasn't interested in that boogie, and I didn't go through it. Go figure, and I may be different from others in that regard. Good Luck.
I'm a female and I agree with this.

Some people will say "its 2012 times have changed" but I'm old school and believe in the old fashion way. The older men in my life (dad, uncles, close male friends) always taught me that men are supposed to be the hunters and chasers, not the other way around. Yes females are supposed to be confident but to a certain degree. In my eyes (and in the eyes of the older men in my life) a woman giving her number to a man without the man asking do make a woman seem easy. Men like to chase and if the woman gives out so easy then there's nothing to chase and will become less interested.
But even if I didn't entirely agree with my guys I could never date a guy with whom I had to give out my number to first. I think men who are too shy to make a move are lazy and easy to dominate which is a total turn off. To me this means that I would have control of the relationship (if we ever get into one) and I cannot stand a man who isn't dominate. It just makes me feel less of a woman. I would add on a lot of things but I don't want to go off topic.

I'm not saying that the man should make all the contact but I at least need to know if the man is interested or not. I personally think he needs to make the first move and ask for my number then the contact should be 50/50 from there once he calls me first. That's just what I think. I really don't agree with women asking for numbers. Maybe this is a young generation thing but I'm not with that at all. Sorry.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:15 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,186,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
I'm a female and I agree with this.

Some people will say "its 2012 times have changed" but I'm old school and believe in the old fashion way. The older men in my life (dad, uncles, close male friends) always taught me that men are supposed to be the hunters and chasers, not the other way around. Yes females are supposed to be confident but to a certain degree. In my eyes (and in the eyes of the older men in my life) a woman giving her number to a man without the man asking do make a woman seem easy. Some Men like to chase and if the woman gives out so easy then there's nothing to chase and will become less interested.
But even if I didn't entirely agree with my guys I could never date a guy with whom I had to give out my number to first. I think men who are too shy to make a move are lazy and easy to dominate which is a total turn off. To me this means that I would have control of the relationship (if we ever get into one) and I cannot stand a man who isn't dominate. It just makes me feel less of a woman. I would add on a lot of things but I don't want to go off topic.

I'm not saying that the man should make all the contact but I at least need to know if the man is interested or not. I personally think he needs to make the first move and ask for my number then the contact should be 50/50 from there once he calls me first. That's just what I think. I really don't agree with women asking for numbers. Maybe this is a young generation thing but I'm not with that at all. Sorry.
No it just means they are shy and I fixed it for you.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,500,294 times
If a man is too shy to somehow, anyhow get a message to you that they want to know you better, than they are a biut of a wuss. Get some balls! Just my opinnion.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:30 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,186,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
If a man is too shy to somehow, anyhow get a message to you that they want to know you better, than they are a biut of a wuss. Get some balls! Just my opinnion.
Yes should just go ahead and get shot down because apparently it doesn't matter whether the girl even makes herself approachable or not let alone be the one to initiate. He should just get shot down because apparently he doesn't matter and has nothing better to do with his time.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I completely agree.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Yes should just go ahead and get shot down because apparently it doesn't matter whether the girl even makes herself approachable or not let alone be the one to initiate. He should just get shot down because apparently he doesn't matter and has nothing better to do with his time.

Well, obviously he has to get the Vibes that the girl likes him! But if she has give him the Cue - then it is time to Action! An understanding girl, won't mind a guy stammering a bit, or going a big pink....at least he has tried...but if he is too chicken to try and let the girl know that he is interested and wants to know her better - well, he just needs to be brave! Feel sorry for men, because they do risk rejection. But, if a man gets the VIBE from the girl that she IS into him......thats what I am talking about. I am not saying he should stride in and talk to ANY girl and ask her out.....that would be very, very tough!!! But if he is not willling to TRY when he has the knowledge the girl likes him....then that is gutless.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Ro2113

Not to be mean but everyone has preferences. Some women may think shy men is "cute and adorable". I like my men to be confident and dominate.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
Ro2113

Not to be mean but everyone has preferences. Some women may think shy men is "cute and adorable". I like my men to be confident and dominate.
Confident but not cocky......dominant but not controlling.

I like a man to be a bit shy....at times.....not the little retiring type, but being a bit shy shows some sensitivity. Can't stand really cocky, overbearing men.......the English ones who talk in a very condescending manner with their nose stuck in the air.....yuk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships