Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Not at all. I've dated plenty of thin girls, the vast majority not even from the internet.
So go date one of them, since you can't accept your current gf for who she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 PM

513 posts, read 896,866 times
i did not read any of these comments beyond the OP, but i have to say that if YOU ask her to lose weight i hope to god she knocks the crap out of you. for your own safety and well being you should stop dating until such time as you grow up.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
i did not read any of these comments beyond the OP, but i have to say that if YOU ask her to lose weight i hope to god she knocks the crap out of you. for your own safety and well being you should stop dating until such time as you grow up.
Speaking of learning to grow up...

Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
What's her approximate height & weight man?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:52 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
keep it simple

tell her it looks like she's spreading too much butter on her biscuits in the morning.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:03 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
keep it simple

tell her it looks like she's spreading too much butter on her biscuits in the morning.
I don't think it's her diet at all. She just very sedentary. After weeding through the unconstructive posts, I think an exercise activity that is fun and something we can do together is probably the best way to approach this. People tend to assume the worst in people on this board, I guess because it's totally anonymous. I'm really not a bad person though we all have our faults.

For those that gave genuine advice, I intend on taking it and find an activity we can both do that get's us out of the house, that we do together but that's also exercise.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 PM

560 posts, read 539,605 times
I think that IS a great approach and kudos to you for getting her to agree on a fun hike with you over the weekend. My concern is this; you say she's pretty sedentary...hopefully that won't be too much of a barrier in her keeping up with fun "exercise" activities you suggest in the long run.

I had to lose weight by myself through the hard work, and once my hubby saw I was serious, he started to join in with me and taking our son with us. In the end, it became so much fun & huge part of our lives that even my hubby who isn't overweight start to look good too!

good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 05-04-2012, 09:34 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,318 times
Getting someone to do something against their will, especially when that activity requires strong determination, will and motivation is extremely tough.

Here is something you can try. Have a talk with her. Tell her that you are concerned about her health and that you are willing to do everything you can to help and let her know of your plan. The plan: Buy her a pretty dress one size smaller than her current size. If she wants to wear it, she'll have to come up with some way to lose a dress size. Once she has accomplished that, buy her another pretty dress one size smaller. Repeat until you both feel that she is healthy looking again, and burn all the old clothes.

Something else you can try is to incorporate more active activities into both of your lifestyles. Going to the gym might seem daunting to some. Take baby steps. Maybe start by walking around the block after dinner. Then some biking. Then maybe tennis. You get the idea.

Last but not least, watch both of your diet. When you go to restaurants, refrain from ordering steaks, pasta, pizza yourself so she and her salad don't get food-envy.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I don't think it's her diet at all. She just very sedentary. After weeding through the unconstructive posts, I think an exercise activity that is fun and something we can do together is probably the best way to approach this. People tend to assume the worst in people on this board, I guess because it's totally anonymous. I'm really not a bad person though we all have our faults.

For those that gave genuine advice, I intend on taking it and find an activity we can both do that get's us out of the house, that we do together but that's also exercise.
Are you in Nova? why not just ditch the car and get on the metro, use it to walk through some parts of DC (along the mall etc, museums are free).

Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,721,910 times
What's her weight? What's her height?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships