Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
What sort of man do you want to date?
A guy who is loyal, not colorstruck, wants to hang out a lot and have fun, has good morals, wants a serious relationship with me. That's all I can think of right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 06:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
. It's like the black guys want to be seen out in public with lighter complected women
Those guys are losers. They don't know it, because they think they're cool, but they have their heads screwed on wrong.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Are you in Detroit or Des Moines?

Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
A guy who is loyal, not colorstruck, wants to hang out a lot and have fun, has good morals, wants a serious relationship with me. That's all I can think of right now
Church. Or Boys' and Girls' Clubs. Or the YMCA (they usually have a gym, as well as community activities), or your community center.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Snoop Dog loves dark skinned women! He even said so. His wife is dark skinned.
Forget Lil wayne.
Most of the old school rappers have black wives. Krs One's wife is obese.
Ice Cube wife is dark skinned.
But the biggest one? Kim Porter and Puffy.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:53 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Those guys are losers. They don't know it, because they think they're cool, but they have their heads screwed on wrong.
They aren't losers it's just their preference.

Look Nyanna, some guys are not attracted to dark skin women, some are. Every time I step out the house I see dark skin women with men of all races including those of their own. You have deeper issues than your skin color. Maybe you should move down here to Cali Idk, but I do know you need to stop with this self-pity thing. Seek professional help if you have too. Or simply learn to like yourself enough to the point where you don't need a man.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

Look Nyanna, some guys are not attracted to dark skin women, some are. Every time I step out the house I see dark skin women with men of all races including those of their own. You have deeper issues than your skin color. Maybe you should move down here to Cali Idk, but I do know you need to stop with this self-pity thing. Seek professional help if you have too. Or simply learn to like yourself enough to the point where you don't need a man.
No doubt.

I concur.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

That's not what I am seeing. When I go to the mall, grocery markets, bookstores, when a black guy is out in public with his girlfriend she is almost always on the lighter side. They even socialize more with lighter skinned women. yeah, some guys are just not attracted to darkskin but I am tired of being reminded of it everytime I walk out the door and see a black guy with a girl who is fair.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:05 PM

You're reminded of it every time you go out the door, because by now, that's what you're looking for.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 PM

399 posts, read 581,633 times
Quote:
There's another pattern I notice. Whenever I see a Black guy out in public with a girlfriend at the mall, restaurant, grocery markets, etc, the black girl is typically on the lighter side--carmel and fairer. I see this with my generation alot. Sure they do mess with darkskin women but they don't try to court us as much. I've had this issue with black guys--they don't want to pursue a real relationship they simply just want me to be a booty call.
Okay, I see where you're coming from now. It's all over in your offline world so I know it can really feel like lightening your skin is the only way to really "fit in" and be desired by the opposite sex. I know when I was in middle school, a lot of the dark skinned females often had to put out or come off as "easy" in order to even get attention from the opposite sex. They had to act a certain way and that was hardly the case for the lighter skinned females. I don't know why certain aspects of our culture is like that and I can go all the way back and blame slavery but we're here, now and it's up to us to change it.

I'm sorry you had to go through that and that it affected you the way that it did. Really. It's a little disheartening coming back to the forum after swearing to go cold turkey and running into posts like this. I look at where I am now and I can easily look at you and say, "Love and accept yourself as you are" because I'm in a different place now.

If you end up lightening your skin and you tell a man about it, there will be men who will be okay with this. They might even use you as an example to chastise dark skinned females. Some might be drawn to your skin color from behind and then when they see your facial features think they don't match your skin tone and be repulsed. I have heard men say this before.

And the girl in bluest eye didn't have a happy ending to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships