Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:27 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I know there's been a lot of talk about him "using" me for sex, but honestly, I am REALLY REALLY enjoying the sexual side of our relationship and have been from the very beginning. So, I am not really sure how he is using me when I feel I'm benefitting from it so much.

For right now, I'm ok with him not being in love with me, I'm not in love with him, either. All I really wanted was a committment from him that we could be and act as a couple, mostly bc I don't like being in limbo in any area of my life, but also bc I know those feelings were there on both sides and I wanted acknowledgement of them. Now that I have the committment, I'm really ok with taking things slowly and just letting them unfold naturally. If we don't end up married, that's ok. I'm enjoying where he and I are at right now and if he's not "the one", I'm sure someone else will be at some point

The title to this thread should be...

"The Continuing Chronicles of Two Very Lonely and Horny People: A Guide in Settling" ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 12:45 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I know there's been a lot of talk about him "using" me for sex, but honestly, I am REALLY REALLY enjoying the sexual side of our relationship and have been from the very beginning. So, I am not really sure how he is using me when I feel I'm benefitting from it so much. I *do* appreciate the "warnings" that he might be using me. I know the warnings come from a place of not wanting to see other be hurt by someone's cruelty, but if he's giving me absolutely everything I want emotionally (and he is for the most part), if he's doing ALL that just to get some sex from me, I think I'm ok with it. lol.

For right now, I'm ok with him not being in love with me, I'm not in love with him, either. All I really wanted was a committment from him that we could be and act as a couple, mostly bc I don't like being in limbo in any area of my life, but also bc I know those feelings were there on both sides and I wanted acknowledgement of them. Now that I have the committment, I'm really ok with taking things slowly and just letting them unfold naturally. If we don't end up married, that's ok. I'm enjoying where he and I are at right now and if he's not "the one", I'm sure someone else will be at some point
Good attitude , not so much emphasis on the outcome. If you start to get emotional , its ok to figure out what you are feeling and share that with him
Im rooting for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships