Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't 'whine and complain' about meeting someone -- get your facts straight. I don't even date. As I said when you sent me that nasty PM if you have a freaking problem with me, put me on ignore and be done with it.
I sent you that PM because I don't think you should be here telling people to give up when they are here asking for advice and I didn't want to say it in public.

I have no reason to put you on ignore, I'm more than happy to tell people to not listen to pessimism because that's not how you make your life better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 11:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Close, but not quite... Men are luckier as what they say and how they say it can swing things in their favor should they not be good-looking.

I'm sorry but I doubt that there's anything this man can say that will make him appealing.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Not everyone is interested in dating anymore & that doesn't make a person unworthy in life , if you approach a girl and she isn't interested then just forget her, simple as that.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

I'm sorry but I doubt that there's anything this man can say that will make him appealing.
That guy looks like he'd be really good-looking if he lost about 60 lbs.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 PM

77 posts, read 149,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If a girl isn't open to a guy talking to her, then do you even want to be with someone like that? Just because a girl takes you up on an offer to go out, doesn't mean she's putting out on the first night or that she's a ****, just means she finds you to be an interesting guy and she's not a boring person.
Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It all depends on how you do it. Like the man said, be nonchalant. Casual, light.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You'll get rejected, everyone does. If you do nothing, you'll never get anywhere, anyway. If you try, you'll get somewhere eventually. The thing is to not invest every little encounter with the weight of your self-esteem. Just practice chatting with everyone, male, female, old, young. It'll become second nature. You can practice with random people. When you get comfortable with it, extend that practice to women in your age-range. When it becomes second-nature, it won't feel so much like rejection, because your self-image won't depend on the outcome of each little momentary friendly overture.
Not a bad idea. I'm in a medium sized city so this is definitely possible.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 PM

178 posts, read 376,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP17 View Post
I think if I've learned anything from this thread, different women react differently -- some may find it off-putting while others may find it perfectly fine.
Like guys on this forum, the women who post here vary in age range and relationship interests. Some remind me of my single elder aunt Ethel, others are jaded over 35 types, and a handful are married/in a serious relationship that are trying to be helpful. Your lucky if you get the cute single 20-35 types who you really want answers from because they are on match,com and other dating online sites, if not actually fielding men via text, emails, calls, and live dating. Yep, no time for virtual reality for them ...

These forums are good information sources, but you have to adjust it to your reality, i.e., don't accept your online feedback like its private coaching.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:54 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,907,951 times

Sex Drive Andy and Randy Clips - YouTube

Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:

Depends on whom he's talking to. It could be them!

http://www.whitetrashpeople.com/wp-c...09/redneck.jpg

Old 05-06-2012, 12:36 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Depends on whom he's talking to. It could be them!

http://www.whitetrashpeople.com/wp-c...09/redneck.jpg
Those two would still want a good looking guy.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:48 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Those two would still want a good looking guy.
I bet he would want good-looking girls, too. It's not all about wants in this world... There's reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships