Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I bet he would want good-looking girls, too. It's not all about wants in this world... There's reality.
If he's desperate enough, those girls you posted would look like great options in his eyes because chances are he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 12:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If he's desperate enough, those girls you posted would look like great options in his eyes because chances are he is.
He doesn't have to be desperate. They ARE his fair matches and the sooner he gets it, the easier his life would be.

I want to be a lady of independent means who lives on a yacht in the Mediterranean, too, but that's not about to happen.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:59 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,826,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sure. Then you can say (depending on what time it really is):

- Hey, it's always a good time to get a cup of coffee. Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?

- Hey, it must be 5 o'clock somewhere in the world! Would you like to have a drink with me?

If they say they don't have time now, you ask them to do it some other time and voilà!

However, the approach works if you have certain personality and aura... It's not really something everybody can pull off and those who ask such questions usually can't pull it off, unfortunately. It doesn't hurt to try, though. It may not work the first time, it may not work the second time, but eventually it will work on somebody. As it's pretty damn easy, what do you have to lose?

Damn, I could have all the chicks if I were a dude, if even I say so!

Works

Doesn't work.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:00 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,421,377 times
"Hi, would you like to have sex"

Works one time out of about 30

Old 05-06-2012, 03:46 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,826,582 times
Learn from the Master. Note, a little foul language.
Chris Farley at the Mall picking up girls. - YouTube

Old 05-06-2012, 04:24 AM

11,361 posts, read 9,274,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
"Hi, would you like to have sex"

Works one time out of about 30
That would take a lot of nerve.

I highly doubt the odds are that high here in America!

I imagine if this was tried at a bar around here you would have a few drinks thrown in your face.

Last edited by John13; 05-06-2012 at 04:34 AM..

Old 05-06-2012, 04:45 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,421,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
That would take a lot of nerve.

I highly doubt the odds are that high here in America!

I imagine if this was tried at a bar around here you would have a few drinks thrown in your face.

I was just being funny have no idea what the success ratio would be.

Did happen to me as a teenager at the beach. Two girls walked up to us and asked if we wanted to have sex, true story. We turned them down.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:07 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,412,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Here's my tip: Be good looking.

Yes, that's right...be good looking. That's usually the only time cold approaches are successful. If good looking, you can pretty much walk up to almost any chick and they'll be receptive to just about anything you say.
Thats kind of a tough one to pull off, If you dont have much going for you in the looks department. But working with what you have. Dressing nice and being well groomed will always give you a good first impression, even if you say the wrong thing.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Don't cold approach. You don't seem like the type who can pull it off well. Stick to meeting women through your social circles and common interest social activities.

This is probably good advice. Some guys have this innate ability and some of us don't. Small talk is not my specialty either so the cold approach just doesn't work for me.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:58 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,244 times
I don't have a problem with people randomly striking up conversation with me. Though I do notice a common pattern amongst them: they tend to go on and on and on about themselves and their problems or accomplishments, they ignore the cardinal rule of conversation: it's a two-way street. No matter how interesting a person is, I would prefer if the conversation is as much about me as it is about him, and that he would end the conversation at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships