Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 AM

900 posts, read 1,705,436 times

Advertisements

I met a guy a couple months ago. He is nice but Im not dying to rip his clothes off or anything. Im concerned (on another note) because Im 38 and wondering if I will feel that way again. Had a bad break up recently. Anyways , to be honest , I'd rather not get all "date ready" , Id rather be home on cd! I specifically hesitate with him because I have a couple of other options who I am more attracted to. This guy hasn't asked me out for a month because of school , mainly , he said. I figure if he was into me , his job , school , and his son besides the fact , he would have wanted to see me sooner. This is a turn off , too. But I am not getting any younger. Im just curious your thoughts. He's asked me 3 times , I have not said yes or no. Also , previous dates have been platonic , we hugged 2nd date (I think we are both slow moving) thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,006,746 times
I think the only one who can answer that is you

Old 05-21-2012, 10:26 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,926,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
I met a guy a couple months ago. He is nice but Im not dying to rip his clothes off or anything. Im concerned (on another note) because Im 38 and wondering if I will feel that way again. Had a bad break up recently. Anyways , to be honest , I'd rather not get all "date ready" , Id rather be home on cd! I specifically hesitate with him because I have a couple of other options who I am more attracted to. This guy hasn't asked me out for a month because of school , mainly , he said. I figure if he was into me , his job , school , and his son besides the fact , he would have wanted to see me sooner. This is a turn off , too. But I am not getting any younger. Im just curious your thoughts. He's asked me 3 times , I have not said yes or no. Also , previous dates have been platonic , we hugged 2nd date (I think we are both slow moving) thank you
Actually, I think because you would rather be home on the computer you need to really push yourself to get out

The path of least resistance is just now always the best course.

Take a chance, give the guy a break and say yes

Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,161,136 times
Quote:
I met a guy a couple months ago. He is nice but Im not dying to rip his clothes off or anything.

I specifically hesitate with him because I have a couple of other options who I am more attracted to.
This right here pretty much explains most of men's problems with women and women's problems with men.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,289,555 times
Quote:
If you truly want a frustrating relationship with a guy you're not attracted to, then go out with him.

If you want the real thing, keep searching.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
This right here pretty much explains most of men's problems with women and women's problems with men.
Your posts are as confusing as mine. What???? Shouldn't there be some attraction? I also really want to take a break from dating . . .

Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 AM

Or are you commenting on the other two guys Ive gone out with? ^^^^^^^^

Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
This guy sounds like he's batting 3rd string. I wouldn't bother wasting his time or yours, for that matter.

You shouldn't be that ambivalent about seeing someone... JMHO of course.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
If you truly want a frustrating relationship with a guy you're not attracted to, then go out with him.

If you want the real thing, keep searching.
Kind of what Im thinking , what's the point?

Old 05-21-2012, 10:52 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,277,749 times
Quote:

He's just not that into you and you really don't sound like you're into him. Why are you leading him on? He asked you out 3 times and you haven't given him an answer? IMO, he's wasting his time waiting around for you to give him an answer which is probably why it's been a month since he asked you out. Sounds very immature of you. I think you should reach out to one of your other options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships