Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:24 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I like muscles, I do not like body builder types. For a variety of reasons, but mainly I don't find that overly built up look attractive.
And I think that a lot of woman might admire a fit body on a guy, I don't think that women are as impressed by it as men who work out a lot think that women are. Gym guys think that working out a lot demonstrates discipline and hard work, and yeah, it might, but it's mostly for vanity's sake (which isn't all that admirable.)

Old 11-14-2017, 10:30 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
It depends on the woman whether or not she is intimidated by muscular men. It seems women on average are shown images of surfer/swimmer body types to the Jason Statham body types as sexy/attractive. There are the images of body builders on magazines that are extremely big, but not every woman is into that look. Then again, the Dad Bod is a thing these days.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:39 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
It depends on the woman whether or not she is intimidated by muscular men. It seems women on average are shown images of surfer/swimmer body types to the Jason Statham body types as sexy/attractive. There are the images of body builders on magazines that are extremely big, but not every woman is into that look. Then again, the Dad Bod is a thing these days.
Realistically, most women are doing GOOD to get someone with a Dad Bod!

Old 11-14-2017, 10:52 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Intimidated? No. I admire their discipline, but just don't happen to find a six-pack to be attractive.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:09 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,051,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
End thread.
All I can add to that gem of a prior posting is something I have read:
A fit male sends a subliminal message to a woman, that the man is a provider/protector.

I would love to hear from the ladies on this, myth or fact?.

And too muscle on either sex is disgusting, there's a big difference between fitness model and body builder.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:32 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
A fit male sends a subliminal message to a woman, that the man is a provider/protector.

And too muscle on either sex is disgusting, there's a big difference between fitness model and body builder.
I had to struggle to think of a time I was attracted to a man who was even close to this muscular type, it REALLY is not usually my thing. The whole "protector/provider" shtick completely puts me off anyhow. But I'm a 38 year old who doesn't want any more kids, I'm nearly done raising mine, and I loathe conflict and hostility. I don't believe my world to be a generally dangerous place.

So obviously many women are going to feel completely differently.

Last time I recall being into a muscular dude... OK, so Vin Diesel in the Riddick movies. But it's not just the muscles. It's the whole "wild, feral man" thing. Another time, there was a singer of a metal band I saw live, who strode around the stage like a caged tiger, long hair blowing back from his face, muscular body under tattooed skin, shouting and growling aggressively...he was teeming with pent up energy like a spring wound tight. The appeal in this, is fantastical, not realistic. And it's no desire to be protected. It's a primal urge to make love like war.

So I might look at such a man and think some thoughts for a moment, but would I consider actually partnering with him in any way? Not on your life. Nope. I'll go home and expend my sexual energy on my brilliant, zen, nerdy, life companion with his dad bod...he's still got a sexy man voice and strong man hands, and he gets me going and KEEPS me going.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:03 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post

I freely admit I am prone to being attracted to men who are the provider/protector type.

But an overly muscular guy doesn't equate to that IMO. They have strength, which isn't much. Big bulky guys do not necessarily fight well. DH teaches self defense (general not a specific discipline). He is only 5'7. They always use him in the beginning and put him with the largest recruit. He always wins, and quickly. They use that to demonstrate that size doesn't matter. I mean, it matters some obviously, but it is not a done deal.

I like the aesthetics to a well rounded fit guy, but that is only a small part.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-14-2017, 01:28 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Men need to stop working out to impress women. Honestly, I enjoyed reading the variations of women and what they're into. Some are into muscular men, others like fit men, etc.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:51 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Men need to stop working out to impress women. Honestly, I enjoyed reading the variations of women and what they're into. Some are into muscular men, others like fit men, etc.
Back in the days when I worked out religiously, I enjoyed the attention I got from women, but I worked out for myself. I enjoyed being fit, being strong, filling out a shirt well. When I was in the gym the mirror was a tool for symmetry, for correct posture and form, not for preening and admiring myself.

There are always some guys (and plenty of women) in the gym who are there for the show, but the surprising majority just like the gym culture and atmosphere, and are pursuing it for themselves.

Yet another "nasty gym myth" that needs to go away. Seriously, the female attention IS nice, and much more prevalent than lots of women will let on; but saying men in general need to stop working out to impress women is akin to saying D&D dudes need to quit carrying around dice to pick up chicks: it's NOT why they do it.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:58 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Back in the days when I worked out religiously, I enjoyed the attention I got from women, but I worked out for myself. I enjoyed being fit, being strong, filling out a shirt well. When I was in the gym the mirror was a tool for symmetry, for correct posture and form, not for preening and admiring myself.

There are always some guys (and plenty of women) in the gym who are there for the show, but the surprising majority just like the gym culture and atmosphere, and are pursuing it for themselves.

Yet another "nasty gym myth" that needs to go away. Seriously, the female attention IS nice, and much more prevalent than lots of women will let on; but saying men in general need to stop working out to impress women is akin to saying D&D dudes need to quit carrying around dice to pick up chicks: it's NOT why they do it.
I'm thinking of a t-shirt I want that has a D20, with the 20 showing, and it's captioned:

"I'd hit it. And do double damage!"

Seriously, dice rolls should be a part of courtship. Make the whole thing so much more fun...*sigh*...

I am also now thinking of a Youtube video about a bunch of guys who got a Dominatrix to run a D&D game. It was hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships