Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,263,434 times

Advertisements

I tend to date large and intimidating-looking men who work manual-labor type jobs or participate in sports - thus the muscles. I can spot "gym" musculature versus "hard work" or "active lifestyle" musculature from a mile away. I find gym fanatics who develop large muscles to be a little vain, and I've known a bunch who use 'roids, which is just scary. It takes a lot of work and time to build up that kind of muscle, but what's the purpose? Oh wait, I knew one guy who could make his pecs twitch independently of each other. Sigh.

Your muscles could very well intimidate women, but more likely there's a subconscious realization that your priorities are likely very different from theirs. Women love guys who are fit, with well-defined musculature, but you sound like you've taken it past that into possible overkill. However, if working out thrills you so much that you don't want to tone it down, why don't you focus on dating women at your gym? Otherwise, cut back on the gym hours and take up a sport or hobby that will also result in personal growth. Why not some sort of martial arts? Or cycling?

Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,469,745 times
I think we need a picture.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,578,401 times
Nobody digs the meathead look, except for the meatheads. well I shouldnt say nobody, there are few out there who are totaly into it. Chances are, your muscles have nothing to do with being intimidating, but perhaps your body language or behavior are at fault here. In geneeral, women do like guys who are masculine.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,552,039 times
I would define obsessed as having the workout/diet be so strict that you have to consider it every time you interact with someone.

If you can't go out to eat with friends unless you bring your own baked chicken.

If powders and supplements take up a whole cabinet in your kitchen.

Yes, 6 days a week is a lot. Even God (and I guess bodybuilders) rested on the 7th day!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:55 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,552,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I think we need a picture.
Yes, PIX!

If the OP knows his body fat percentage, I guarantee he has some selfies handy.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,263,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Nobody digs the meathead look, except for the meatheads. well I shouldnt say nobody, there are few out there who are totaly into it. Chances are, your muscles have nothing to do with being intimidating, but perhaps your body language or behavior are at fault here. In geneeral, women do like guys who are masculine.
He could try dating Snookie! Or maybe one of the other Jersey Shore chicks who isn't knocked up

Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 AM

16,401 posts, read 30,807,449 times
Don't worry OP, women NEVER talk to me either. My mom told me it is because they are intimidated by my good looks.

In reality OP, no your muscles probably are not too intimidating to women, there's nothing better than being huge, if anything they should help you big time. There's something else you're doing wrong.

There's women who like guys with muscles... and women who want a guy who wears girl pants. You don't wanna wear girl pants

Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,059,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My personal version of obsessed would be going to the gym six days a week, knowing exactly what his body fat percentage is, being on a super strict diet, etc. Like other people have said upthread, I like when a guy is more laid back about fitness, not on a specific training regimen. For me, that's lacking in joie de vivre.
I can see eating a super strict or knowing your bodyfat % being obsessive, that is why I said eating healthy 80-90% of the time. You really believe going to the gym 6 days a week is obsessive?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,170,413 times
Personally, I'm not intimidated by muscular guys. I think there's a negative connotation sometimes or stereotype-you know, the "musclehead" comments or jokes...sometimes the muscular guys come off as "not so smart" ("I lift things up and put them down") or maybe they're a little too full of themselves. And I agree with some of the other posters about the obsession.That, unfortunately, ruins it for the muscular guys who have great personalities and know how to carry on a conversation. For me, if a guy is too obsessed with his bodybuilding (unless he's a professional and that is his occupation) or any other hobby for that matter, I take it as the guy won't make time for me.

So, OP, other than possibly the physical appearance and veiny arms, it may be your personality. Smiling is great but there must be something else that women aren't finding appealing.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,051,768 times
What happened to wanting someone who has a passion?

Lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships