Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:41 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,355,056 times

Advertisements

5'11 and 205 pounds is simply too heavy. I don't care if you strength train, you shouldn't weigh more than 185 pounds and that's pushing it.

The mindset of bodybuilders is usually the turn off. As someone else said, it reeks of narcissism and insecurity. And forget any guy that takes steroids, that's obvious by looking at them a mile away and that is a TREMENDOUS turn off. Also shaving arm and leg hair to make your "muscles stand out." I would much rather see a FIT man than a body builder. A fit man is someone who runs long distances, does some strength training and cross training and doesn't spend endless hours bench pressing or doing squats.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,695,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Personally, it has nothing to do with intimidation. Based on appearance alone, I would be wary of a bodybuilder type only because I would assume that devotion to muscle building would be too high of a priority in his life for me.

I also am not attracted to a man who cares that much about his appearance.

Clean, neat, fit, yes. Obsessed, no.

Not that all muscular men are obsessed, of course.

I would assume men would not want a woman with this mindset either.

I agree with this. I once had a guy like that ask me what my BMI was, during a casual conversation. He saw nothing wrong with this. So no I wouldn't be approaching those types (If I ever did approach them).

Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM

16,401 posts, read 30,807,449 times
The people who say bad things about muscular people are just people who are too lazy to get in shape. "I'm out of shape, so I'll feel better about myself by talking crap about people who actually spend time in the gym"

Old 05-22-2012, 10:46 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,695,006 times
Personally I don't have any problem with them going to gym. That's their buisness, so what do I care? I actually have personal experience with those types as well, my uncle was a professional bodybuilder for most of his life. So wrong assessment (again).

Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 AM

224 posts, read 825,594 times
I think your best bud is trying to intimidate you by convincing you that muscularity turns women off. He is probably feeling intimidated himself trying to measure up to you if he isn't as muscular. Maybe you just need to be more gregarious and try to approach people for friendly conversation more. The muscle guys at the gyms I've gone to get more attention from females the bigger they are. Find a female bodybuilder and she for sure won't feel threatened.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,220,871 times
Unless you look like you've been doing steroids, it wouldn't bother me.

However, if you have that juice-head look, then I'd wonder if you, er, suffer from some of the well-known side effects of steroids.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,127,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
The difference is, women seem to take it to the extreme with their idea of thin. Seriously, you have some women who seem to think men want them to be 5'9 110lbs and be a size -2. I'm still trying to figure out where they got that idea.

Because in truth, there are some guys that really do find that attractive and can get that. It doesn't mean all guys, just some. Just like there are some guys who like large women. Everyone is different and there are types for everybody man and women. But don't underestimate a mans "appeal" for a slim, slender long legged hottie!

I hate when people act like looks don't count. Looks count. I could not see myself being with somebody I am not as attracted to as I should be. Relationships are far too difficult (also rewarding/nevertheless) to put in all that work for someone that your just so-so about.

Know ones right or wrong. Simply put, people have their types. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure you've heard it several times, but that really rings true..

I see alot of the media' trying to "curb" peoples desire for what is "hot". It's almost like a brand now. In no other generation was this ever the case. Well, I guess in the 90's, they crammed the "heroin" chic waife look.

Today, you have brands, like (and please stick my head in a toilet for referrencing them) the Kardashians who they (the media) cram down your throat. What are they famous for? Large backsides!, which if I were to have no self opinion, I guess I would be really into. But I was never into "thick" girls, or girls with big booty. I like a "perky" as s. Anna Kornikova like. That type of girl has always been "my" preferrence. But it would seem like if I was younger, I would be rediculed if I didn't admit Kim K has a nice as s. Because personally, she does nothing for me. Too much backside for too much information. I hope you get my point.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:18 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,801,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The people who say bad things about muscular people are just people who are too lazy to get in shape. "I'm out of shape, so I'll feel better about myself by talking crap about people who actually spend time in the gym"
What???

I'm failing to see the logic here...

Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 AM

977 posts, read 1,809,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I would much rather see a FIT man than a body builder. A fit man is someone who runs long distances, does some strength training and cross training and doesn't spend endless hours bench pressing or doing squats.
This. In my experience, that's what women prefer.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:24 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,051,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I would much rather see a FIT man than a body builder. A fit man is someone who runs long distances, does some strength training and cross training and doesn't spend endless hours bench pressing or doing squats.
Really FIT people take a long time to do whatever they do...whether it's squats, running, biking, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.