Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:10 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholic6303 View Post
Yeah, I'm defnitely not like those MMA/tapout/affliction guys... I'm a lover, not a fighter
I don't wear "tight" clothing either, or try to act like a badass either... unfortunately the only people that approach me and are interested in me are women that I dont find attractive, cougars, and gay guys.... This is me at the Tough Mudder
I dont see veiny arms in this pic...your physique doesnt look like a guy obsessed with the gym...not that its bad by any means

Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,302 times
Dude, you look like an average dude. Not mascular whatsoever maybe on your way to being fit. i thought we were talking meathead category, youre nowhere close. Do this, have a friend record a video of you in public, best when approaching or dealing with women. You can then sit down and watch it until you figure out what the problem is, provided there even is a problem. It could be your body language, posture or million of other things. good luck

Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 AM

836 posts, read 2,947,649 times
Why don't try with womens in your area of interest?

There are many womens who like to be fit, who are coach of: Aerobics, Kickboxing, Spinning, and so on.

They usually have great athletic bodies and are not intimidated by people like you, in fact the look for partners in the same area of interest.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:35 AM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I dont see veiny arms in this pic...your physique doesnt look like a guy obsessed with the gym...not that its bad by any means
That's what I was thinkin. Put my head on his body and that could be me or any number of guys that are just fit

Old 05-22-2012, 12:37 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Wait, what? That is nothing like you described. I envisioned a rock-solid muscular chest. I don't get "body-builder" from this pic, nor do I see the veiny arms. I pictured your muscles having muscles. You seem like a guy that's fit, not this:
1) do guys like that get significantly more sex? Or do the steroids cause "shrinkage?"
2) what happens to all that muscle when they get old(er)?

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 05-22-2012 at 01:02 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
The difference is, women seem to take it to the extreme with their idea of thin. Seriously, you have some women who seem to think men want them to be 5'9 110lbs and be a size -2. I'm still trying to figure out where they got that idea.
It's marketed to them from the time they're born.
Also, you might want to read some of the posts in this folder.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:51 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
Default Are women intimidated by muscular men?

Believe it or not, a lot of women DO NOT like muscular men.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
I'm not intimidated by them. I just don't care for that puffed up look. It looks like they're always posing or screaming for attention. And yes, the veins popping out bother me a little. My man is solid but it's not overdone. But there are women who like that look.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:58 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
Quote:
I've had numerous people tell me that I don't seem very approachable. My best bud says I look "too masculine" and women are intimidated by me. I've had women tell me that I don't seem too approachable even though I try and smile. I'm not the biggest guy in the world, 5'11, 205 about 9% bodyfat, but not the smallest. My sister says that the veins in my biceps are a big turnoff too?

What can I do to seem more approachable to women? I try and smile, be friendly and wear "softer" color clothes... are women intimidated by decent looking/fit muscular guys?
Intimidaed? Don't fool yourself.

Don't for one minute think it's that. Have you ever thought that, maybe they just are not attracted to you?

It sounds as if you're saying, just because you have muscles, women should be lined up to "get with you".

I'm a lean muscular guy. I look great in suits and jeans. I think, I have the kind of muscles women like. I'm not big and bulky looking like the meatheads you see walking around in the gym.

A lot of bulky muscular guys look like freaks. The lighter their skin tone, the nastier the muscles look.

There is a reason why so many very light complected or white body builders spray tan themselves before a "show". Having a lot of muscle mass with a light skin tone doesn't look good.

Just like having a dark skin tone and tattoos doesn't look good.

As far as the veins, I have no idea why guys think those veins look good. I've seen guys with pictures on them posing on their FB page with close up shots of the veins. I always wondered who told them that was "hot".

Another thing women tell me that they like is, I don't "show off" my muscles: I don't wear tank-tops/wife beaters. Even when I work out, I wear long sleeves.

I will wear a nice white t-shirt.

Last edited by Ron.; 05-22-2012 at 01:22 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,252 times
That's interesting, I've always had the idea most women prefer muscular men, not necessarily the huge bodybuilding type though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.