Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:03 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
The difference is, women seem to take it to the extreme with their idea of thin. Seriously, you have some women who seem to think men want them to be 5'9 110lbs and be a size -2. I'm still trying to figure out where they got that idea.
Not me, I prefer women that are much shorter than that and lighter to. LOL Then again I am only 5'6" and prefer a shorter woman. My wife is 5' even.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,231,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
1) do guys like that get significantly more sex? Or do the steroids cause "shrinkage?"
2) what happens to all that muscle when they get old(er)?
That's weird. I posted that comment, not the OP

Regarding question 1: I wasn't suggesting that guys who look like that get significantly more sex. I posted that picture because that's how I thought the OP sort of looked by the way he described himself. As for shrinkage, either "it" appears smaller when you look at the mass of the body but steroids do affect "it" in different ways. It's funny how it enlarges the other muscles on the body but not that one

Question 2) I think this is what happens:

Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
You aren't intimidating by your looks alone.

Maybe it's your personality or the way you carry yourself? Maybe it's not that women are intimidated but that they are just not interested. You must be giving off some kind of vibe that you are unaware of.

It also could be that the women you are interested in don't feel they would be a match for you so they don't even bother to approach you. With your build I would assume you would be interested in someone who is fit and can keep up with you. If a woman doesn't spend her time in the gym, she may not feel she's a match for you.

The meathead picture, heck I won't lie, when I see a man built like that I think "arrogant jerk". I know, it's not fair, I don't know him and he could be perfectly nice but I've had enough experiece with that type to have learned otherwise.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:20 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Sorry OP you're in shape but no where near as muscular as you described. I pictured a completely ripped dude but still nice on the eyes

Old 05-22-2012, 02:38 PM

10 posts, read 71,864 times
I never claimed to be a huge bodybuilder looking type I appreciate everyone's input though.

I suppose everyone was expecting a curl jockey, huge arms/chest, that's not the case, I have more of a "powerlifter" look. But that's ok, this is good news, now I can try and figure out why I don't seem approachable. I'll have to ask the women that have told me that.

Here's a pic of me and my buddies having a fun night out on the town for some good laughs, actually have more ladies approach us like this, way less intimidating I guess, hahaha -- we're a fun group of guys

Attached Thumbnails
Are women intimidated by muscular men?-silly.jpg  

Old 05-22-2012, 03:15 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,103,591 times
Perhaps you're using the wrong word - or your friends are - intimidating is not what comes to mind at all.

The picture of you makes you seem like just anyone else - nothing intimidating. However, the picture with the musclehead in the white and pink tutu (on the left) doesn't come across as intimidating but he sure seems to be one of those "lives at the gym lifting weights" kinda guy and is this his one beer of the month and next thing he'll be asking for carrot juice with a twist of celery? If that's you on the left,---- sorry - that's not the same person as in the mudder pic.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM

455 posts, read 651,601 times
OP

What women want changes with the media perception of what they should want out of life, work, men etc. (Skinny, hipster guys are in right now.) Do you look like a skinny hipster who can wear skinny jeans?

You have to remember the principle of human acceptance: 1/3 of people will like you, 1/3 of people will hate you (for a reason or none whatsoever) and 1/3 of people will be indifferent to you. This also applies to women.

Live your life to the fullest!!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholic6303 View Post
. are women intimidated by decent looking/fit muscular guys?
No. Most women find fit guys very attractive. The problem usually occurs in women's mind. They create some imaginary science fiction scenario in their little heads and think "Oh, if he looks like that, he must be like ................" Which is stupid. Make no mistake about it, women LOVE guys with good bodies, they may not love bodybuilders, but the DO love muscular men (big difference between the two). If they can just fix the mental problem they create in their mind about what they (mistakenly) think muscular guys are like, then all would be right in the world.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholic6303 View Post
I've had numerous people tell me that I don't seem very approachable. My best bud says I look "too masculine" and women are intimidated by me. I've had women tell me that I don't seem too approachable even though I try and smile. I'm not the biggest guy in the world, 5'11, 205 about 9% bodyfat, but not the smallest. My sister says that the veins in my biceps are a big turnoff too?

What can I do to seem more approachable to women? I try and smile, be friendly and wear "softer" color clothes... are women intimidated by decent looking/fit muscular guys?
Hell no. I love them.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
2) what happens to all that muscle when they get old(er)?
Seriously? You really don't understand the human body at all, if you are seriously asking this question.

Muscles, when worked (or overworked I should say), get stronger, and larger. Your heart, if you were to start running 3 miles every day, would get much stronger after a time...and yeah, it actually gets larger. But most importantly, it gets stronger. That means it beats less...yet pumps the same amount of blood. So it has to work less to achieve the same result. Which means, of course, that you might live longer, or least with few heart-related health issues. If you stop the cardio, the heart goes back to it's previous condition...smaller, weaker. And you'll feel the difference, I assure you.

Other muscles are the same. Work them, they get stronger and larger. Stop, and the go back to the previous state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.