Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,805,531 times

Advertisements

Exactly....- Friends or More than Friends..._ No one likes being stood up. I mean if you legitimately ask a person out and tell them the time/place that you are going to meet them at....and then they dont show....- Yes I have a right to be upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Ok...Heres the skinny. Was supposed to meet a "so-called" friend last night for drinks after work. Waited for him to text to know where to meet up...he never did...Since he never texted, I texted him to ask whether or not we were still on ?..No response. This morning I get up and text...."So about last night?" - He tells me that he fell asleep on couch...- I go with it and say ok..but I dont believe him... But anyway he's on the defense about everything that I asked about last night....And then I ask him about his plans for today in which his responses seem a little defensive/rude/and hostile.....I question him. - I say whats up with the rudeness and being insensitive...He responds...Look..Have a lot going on...TTYL.

My response to him was "You make it hard to remain friends and it's obvious you dont respect me or my time. Im still your friend, but i wont' be treated rudely or insensitive....."

My question is was "Was that a little bit over the top or should I have came a little stronger in the way that I feel about the situation?
The fact that you were waiting around for him to text makes you sound a little needy. You should NOT have texted him but instead just gone about your life and assumed that something came up or that he fell asleep on the couch or simply changed his mind. Yes, I know it was his idea to begin with, but people are allowed to change their mind. He would have been courteous to get in touch with you, so he has bad manners, but most likely he felt that if he did change his mind he would have to deal with you getting bent out of shape, which is exactly what happened.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Exactly....- Friends or More than Friends..._ No one likes being stood up. I mean if you legitimately ask a person out and tell them the time/place that you are going to meet them at....and then they dont show....- Yes I have a right to be upset.
Yes but 20yearsinBranson is also correct that you should not have gave him **** about it. If you expect better treatment from your friends, you just have to stop hanging around him because he has bad manners. People don't change.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 AM

44 posts, read 46,596 times
The WTF factor is.... why text AFTER being stood up?!!! You know my PERFECT solution NOT to be stood up?!! I tell the guy if I don't hear from him, at least an hour before the meet, I will presume it is cancelled!

also the solution is not rocket science you have a phone, he has a phone - CALL BEFORE you go to the meeting place to confirm. End of story.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:14 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,805,531 times
I didnt exactly "go off" on the fella...I just let him know that I wouldnt be treated any kind of way.....Totally get it when things come up..but all I ask is just let me know when things come up instead of leaving me wondering and guessing about situations. I mean if I invite someone out and pick and time and place and then If something comes up with me...I will him or her the common courtesy of a notification.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
This is a guy who a month ago...we agreed to see meet out and when I went to the place he had suggested...I learned he had called a taxi because he had gotten too plastered before I had arrived. - While I understand the circumstances..at least call or text me that you've left before I arrive.
I'd tell you to go play in traffic if you talked to me that way.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
This is a repeat of her last thread - just a different guy, Same scenario...

Yet, she Never JUST SAYS NO....

Here's her Last Thread...

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-my-chain.html
is he a friend or a prospect, I feel she is leaving info out

Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 AM

900 posts, read 1,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
is he a friend or a prospect, I feel she is leaving info out
Of course Its a prospect. Otherwise why care so much

Old 05-23-2012, 09:49 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
I didnt exactly "go off" on the fella...I just let him know that I wouldnt be treated any kind of way.....Totally get it when things come up..but all I ask is just let me know when things come up instead of leaving me wondering and guessing about situations. I mean if I invite someone out and pick and time and place and then If something comes up with me...I will him or her the common courtesy of a notification.
Yes you will. This is the second time you've shown up and he either left before you got there, or didn't bother to come.

Friend, or date, if I fell asleep and no-showed the next thing from me would be a call with a massive apology, a way to make it up, and begging for forgiveness.

If a date did that, without leading with a HUGE apology... there would be no discussion.. I just would right him off completely.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
Of course Its a prospect. Otherwise why care so much
it makes no difference either way...if I were him, i'd run, this whole situation sounds like a mess anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships