Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM

545 posts, read 906,582 times

Advertisements

Just curious, I am new to online dating sites.(well new again after a 6 yr hiatus, but it seems much different now) Anyway, I was curious if anyone is experiencing the same. I joined the one with match in the name. In the past few weeks I have received very few emails, I would say about 8 a week, but I get many winks, I get favorited and likes on photos by men. Am I now supposed to email them if interested? Last I was on pof and I got many emails, are guys getting too lazy? Also, I don't get this. Guy who actually sent an email, that I thought was okay and responded to has been playing dating site email ping pong with me for a week. I won';t ask for his number. I feel he should. But is this the normal? This isn't the first guy since I rejoined who has behaved this way. Any input is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 01:31 PM

19,610 posts, read 20,081,212 times
I can't even understand the title, I'm sorry.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM

900 posts, read 1,698,458 times
A week is ok , give him some more time to ask for your number. I wouldn't email too long , though. You want dates , not penpals .GL

Old 05-23-2012, 01:34 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,839,251 times
I usually get a number after ~10 messages. From what I've seen girls are slow to respond at first and then after you send a couple they start responding very quickly. Once they start responding quickly you can get their number. I have never had a girl say no.

I have to admit, I don't know what site you're talking about but I'd never send winks, that sounds like a wimp.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:34 PM

688 posts, read 895,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Just curious, I am new to online dating sites.(well new again after a 6 yr hiatus, but it seems much different now) Anyway, I was curious if anyone is experiencing the same. I joined the one with match in the name. In the past few weeks I have received very few emails, I would say about 8 a week, but I get many winks, I get favorited and likes on photos by men. Am I now supposed to email them if interested? Last I was on pof and I got many emails, are guys getting too lazy? Also, I don't get this. Guy who actually sent an email, that I thought was okay and responded to has been playing dating site email ping pong with me for a week. I won';t ask for his number. I feel he should. But is this the normal? This isn't the first guy since I rejoined who has behaved this way. Any input is appreciated!
It's one week, girl. That's not very long. But, if you don't like his pace, move on. Therein lies the advantages of online dating sites.

I still laugh when people complain about emailing. I met my girlfriend on a dating site and we still exchange a few emails daily, even though we usually talk on the phone daily. We work different times, so it's nice to wake up and read an email from her.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,662,821 times
I have alot to say about this issue as I've done the online dating thing for a while. Women think it's laziness but I disagree. The fact of the matter is most Men do not get ~8 emails from women a week. And unless they look like Brad Pit and make close to his income, will be hard pressed in getting more than a few emails a month. Reason being. 1. Men are expected to initiate more. 2. Its online, and there are more Men online than Women. 3. Women tend to not stay single as long as Men in between relationships. And from my experience (and other men have also colaborated this.) A guy has to send out tons of emails out to even get few responses back. So after a while, it gets VERY tiring sending out countless messages and not get any back. So most Men start to use canned Cut and Paste messages. Who has time to spend 2 hours a day sending out well thought out and types novels to each and every woman??? (this is what most women want, and view anything less as laziness)

So with that said, don't view the winks and being lazy or lame! If you like the guy, WINK BACK! And then wait for his email. If you get no email he is either Lame or not interested anymore. Move on.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM

733 posts, read 1,660,562 times
Guys that send you winks are just testing the water before committing 20 minutes into writing an impressive email. You simply send winks back to those that you are interested, and they will understand that you want to pursue this further. Then they email.

I think your situation is normal. How often do you email each other? Are these emails substantial? How lengthy and informative are they? Are you establishing a great rapport?

The point is, he is still emailing you. He might be slow, but he'll get there.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 PM

Woops sorry about the title mishap... my stupid swype on the phone. Should be "Get too many". He emails every morning, and we go back and forth a few times until my office gets to busy. The basic Good morning have a good day stuff, then he texts me again in the evening. How was your day. have a good night stuff. It's getting redundant. I ask him questions to get some more out of him and he answers as effieciently as possible. LOL

Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM

733 posts, read 1,660,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Woops sorry about the title mishap... my stupid swype on the phone. Should be "Get too many". He emails every morning, and we go back and forth a few times until my office gets to busy. The basic Good morning have a good day stuff, then he texts me again in the evening. How was your day. have a good night stuff. It's getting redundant. I ask him questions to get some more out of him and he answers as effieciently as possible. LOL
Do you like this guy? Evaluate objectively. Seems to me that you are much more fun than him.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:51 PM

Yup, you're right! He doesn't seem to have enough pep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships