Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:51 PM

22,365 posts, read 29,491,867 times

Advertisements

Good luck OP

Old 05-24-2012, 05:07 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,877,205 times
I have 2 children that prove properly used condoms/spermicide and diaphragms fail at times.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:12 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I have 2 children that prove properly used condoms/spermicide and diaphragms fail at times.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Ugh! People are so misinformed about birth control... since when are condoms/spermicide and diaphragms used alone a reliable form of birth control?!?

Again...Birth Control Chart

Old 05-24-2012, 05:29 PM

770 posts, read 1,178,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Ugh! People are so misinformed about birth control... since when are condoms/spermicide and diaphragms used alone a reliable form of birth control?!?

I doubt she meant she used them alone.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:29 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy carrie View Post
^ I think the bigoted part was because of her parents' racist views rather than the whole pregnancy thing.
Don't see it as racism. At all.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,652,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post

Like I said... I was born while my parents were using both the pill AND condoms. This stuff happens.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:56 PM

38 posts, read 47,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy carrie View Post
Because he doesn't have answers. The more he posts about how wonderful Grace is and how they're going to have a fairy-tale life together, the more obvious it is that he actually has no idea what he's getting into. I know there are people that get married after dating for 2 weeks and live happily ever after, but that's the exception....and I see nothing here that tells me their relationship is an exception.

I think he has probably considered the points you and other posters have brought up and they worry him, and that is why he is posting here. His posts read more as trying to convince himself rather than us.

Great post, I completely agree but can't rep you.
I love how you perceive your words as being something akin to scientific/objective fact which pretty much trumps anything I do, say or know about myself and the situation. It's humorous and entertaining at the same time.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:44 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova1989 View Post
Have you read and understood the context of what I wrote about Grace and I? Do you know that it was a response to a poster who wrote that young couples don't last long?...

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

And who said I have all the answers? Could you please provide something that corroborates such a notion? I'm posting here because I like to get feedback. I like to listen to people's take on things, and there have been a few things some people have written that I value. But I guess that fact means yet another subliminal door leading to yet another hidden mystery in the convoluted web of my soul, right?
Knock it off with the arrogance and condescending b.s. already. Six pages into this thread you have done nothing but natter on in the most obnoxiously pretentious, snotty, defensive way.

The fact is that you met someone four months ago, you knocked her up, and now you are coming here for input, but when people suggest things that tweak your tender sensibilities, you cop an attitude and presume to lecture them ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Others are welcome to indulge you, but I don't play that. You are in a tight situation and the attitude you have displayed here indicates to me that you are in no way, shape, or form ready to be a parent. You can't take the slightest criticism or even consider the possibility that this person, whom you have known for a whopping 4 months, might be playing you.

If she's smart, she'll get an abortion or put the kid up for adoption, just so she doesn't have to put up with, or subject a kid to, the self-righteous balderdash that will surely spew forth from your ever-eloquent maw for the next 18 years.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:44 AM

17 posts, read 18,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
If she's "a woman", then what her parents think should be irrelevant, correct? Also, I like how people throw around the term bigoted so easily; someone who adheres to traditional conservative beliefs isn't anymore bigoted than the progressive people who think such beliefs are stupid.

99% of the people on this board are pretty liberal, but that's not an accurate reflection of reality.
No, not correct in the least. I don't know of many people who stop caring what their parents think about them once they are out on their own or at any certain age for that matter. Caring about parental opinions and being controlled by them are actually two different things. Being worried about how one's parents will react to something will affect the relationship seems like a perfectly normal concern, but it doesn't mean the parents get to decide what happens.

I also firmly stand by bigoted, since the idea that there should be "racial" separation does fall under the heading of "expressing or characterized by prejudice and intolerance" - a definition of bigoted. What other human race besides homo sapiens is currently alive on the planet anyway? None. In this case, it sounds like nothing more than a prejudice against skin color since I believe I remember the OP stating they have similar middle class backgrounds.

If that's somehow not enough to qualify, consider that bigot is defined as "a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices." Considering the OP has also stated that Grace's parents' concept of racial separation isn't just something they apply to themselves, but believe should apply to everyone because they want it to, I'd say that's absolute, spot-on bigotry.

You may not like the term, especially if you should happen to agree with the idea, but it is most definitely correct.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:48 AM

491 posts, read 1,654,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
After a few months knowing her you "trust her with (your) life?"

You would know if that condom broke or not. Make sure you get that test.
I'm with you on this one. OP know's her better than any of us on this forum but, only 4-5 months still makes me wonder. I know anything can happen but the chances are, if the condoms are use correctly, are slim, basically zero.

Condom Effectiveness
"In one year, only two of every 100 couples who use condoms consistently and correctly will experience an unintended pregnancy—two pregnancies arising from an estimated 8,300 acts of sexual intercourse, for a 0.02 percent per-condom pregnancy rate.[3]"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships