Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you not care about looks if the other person rocks?
Yes, I don't care about looks at all if they are awesome 20 42.55%
Go f@ck off you weirdo freak 27 57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 03:14 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Oh, pleeeeease. And I suppose all those ugly guys who have the privilege of being called 'ugly', being rejected in the most humiliating ways, being made to feel like sh*t, etc. all over things they have zero control over...
And yet by your own admission you've had several girlfriends in your lifetime so you're not really ugly and have some kind of self-esteem problem. You have nothing to complain about, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 03:16 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Quote:
Oh, pleeeeease. And I suppose all those ugly guys who have the privilege of being called 'ugly', being rejected in the most humiliating ways, being made to feel like sh*t, etc. all over things they have zero control over... yeah, they are just supposed to suck it up, right? Oh, yeah, newsflash... men DON'T have 'feelings' so it's 'different'... naaaaahhh.
I agree with you. Until you've been through it, you are in no position to pass judgment. Such labelling from an early age crushes any chance of that person forming self-esteem and causes severe depression later in life. Our society is very cruel, then we blame the victim as always, rather than look at the bigger picture.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:19 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
And yet by your own admission you've had several girlfriends in your lifetime so you're not really ugly and have some kind of self-esteem problem. You have nothing to complain about, really.
Rabbit's profile says he's part Armenian and part French, as well as Basque. I don't know about Basque, but I've never met someone of Armenian descent who wasn't very good-looking, and throwing French into the mix can't be bad. I think Rabbit's holding out on us.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I disagree, If he has money, he'll be fine. It's the other way around.

If a woman is ugly, she's screwed because theres no other way she can make up the difference
The worst a woman is is unattractive. I've seen few truly ugly women, but men can be truly ugly and basically doomed, unless they can afford major facial surgery or have money to lure in women. Those are the realities of life. If you are a really ugly male, forget about the opposite sex.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
uh...no? Everyone should be polite and considerate. Hello?
Ah yes, the ubiquitous 'should bes'. Yes...

Unfortunately, we do not live in that idealistic universe in which 'should bes' are simply 'givens'. A whole lotta pain and cruel people out there in OUR universe... and all those 'should bes' are neutered by it. They are simply tokens.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, the ubiquitous 'should bes'. Yes...

Unfortunately, we do not live in that idealistic universe in which 'should bes' are simply 'givens'. A whole lotta pain and cruel people out there in OUR universe... and all those 'should bes' are neutered by it. They are simply tokens.
The point was in response to Rabbit's post that women somehow get a free pass re: being rude to guys. They don't. No one gets a free pass in the rudeness dept.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Rabbit's profile says he's part Armenian and part French, as well as Basque. I don't know about Basque, but I've never met someone of Armenian descent who wasn't very good-looking, and throwing French into the mix can't be bad. I think Rabbit's holding out on us.
Not holding out on anything, sorry. This is my EXPERIENCE talking - and that's all I need, hell, that's all I HAVE.

When I don't get 'double-takes' or 'smiles' or 'hellos' from women - and I'm not even talking about 'hot' women... sorry, have no interest in them, have said this previously... then my ethnicity and how one may interpret it in terms of looks frankly is irrelevant. It is what it is.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
The point was in response to Rabbit's post that women somehow get a free pass re: being rude to guys. They don't. No one gets a free pass in the rudeness dept.
Oh, come on! People period get 'free passes' on many things including rudeness! I cannot believe that this is news to you... really, I can't.

People in general can be very nasty and vile. God knows, I've experienced it aplenty.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I agree with you. Until you've been through it, you are in no position to pass judgment. Such labelling from an early age crushes any chance of that person forming self-esteem and causes severe depression later in life. Our society is very cruel, then we blame the victim as always, rather than look at the bigger picture.
Very true. I can actually pinpoint the exactly moment and situation that caused me to start being hesitant and untrusting towards men in general, and sadly it was in 6th grade. Very early.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Oh, come on! People period get 'free passes' on many things including rudeness! I cannot believe that this is news to you... really, I can't.

People in general can be very nasty and vile. God knows, I've experienced it aplenty.
This is in the context of a forum discussion, where Asian Rice said she has feelings too. We're acknowledging that everyone has feelings, women don't have exclusive rights to complain on forums about bad treatment by men, just because they're women, or something. Bad treatment is always wrong, no matter who's the perp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships