Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you not care about looks if the other person rocks?
Yes, I don't care about looks at all if they are awesome 20 42.55%
Go f@ck off you weirdo freak 27 57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Women are not nearly as bad as men are. Men are just downright nasty when it comes to treating women based on their looks
Sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Women are not nearly as bad as men are. Men are just downright nasty when it comes to treating women based on their looks

My experience has been different and I find women who are inclined to behave based on looks as bad or worse than men.

Uh-oh -- NOW what? Am I right and you're wrong? Are you right and I'm wrong? Or might it be a larger puzzle?

ConSARN this infernal attempt at reason! DARN it all! Just DARN it!

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
That's sad to know. So, does this potentially come down to that she may feel what she feels now because what she is "paying attention to" in public is the men are making comments/compliments toward lighter skinned females - and it gets under her skin because that is where she wishes to be? There has to be more to her bitterness than what she's expressed here.
Being around BM you have to tolerate a lot of abuse from them about being darkskinned and not mixed looking. It's very tough.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Being around BM you have to tolerate a lot of abuse from them about being darkskinned and not mixed looking. It's very tough.

Try being around WM for a change -- we tend to care less.

Unless, that is, looks are too important for you compared to personality...

Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
My experience has been different and I find women who are inclined to behave based on looks as bad or worse than men.

Uh-oh -- NOW what? Am I right and you're wrong? Are you right and I'm wrong? Or might it be a larger puzzle?

ConSARN this infernal attempt at reason! DARN it all! Just DARN it!

Actually... I tend to agree with her in general. I've nearly always worked in all male, or nearly all male situations and tend to get along better with men. I have NEVER heard any of my female friends talk as horribly as the average men did in those places. While I never cried at work (That would have been career suicide) I had a lot of body issues to work through in my early 20s because of the men I worked around. And most of them were college educated older men, not teens.

From my experiences, women will say something positive if they come across a man who is good looking or has nice attributes. If the guy isn't attractive they just ignore it and move on. Now, if a guy see's a good looking woman they make a big deal about it, and if they see an unattractive woman they like to make fun of her and tear her down.

I'm definitely not saying all men are like this by any means, and it's completely anecdotal, but it's simply what I've experienced thus far in my life.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually... I tend to agree with her in general. I've nearly always worked in all male, or nearly all male situations and tend to get along better with men. I have NEVER heard any of my female friends talk as horribly as the average men did in those places. While I never cried at work (That would have been career suicide) I had a lot of body issues to work through in my early 20s because of the men I worked around. And most of them were college educated older men, not teens.

From my experiences, women will say something positive if they come across a man who is good looking or has nice attributes. If the guy isn't attractive they just ignore it and move on. Now, if a guy see's a good looking woman they make a big deal about it, and if they see an unattractive woman they like to make fun of her and tear her down.

I'm definitely not saying all men are like this by any means, and it's completely anecdotal, but it's simply what I've experienced thus far in my life.
I actually agree with this and it's one of the good points of women.

While both are equally shallow if not women more so (another topic) women will rarely if ever demean a man based on his physical appearance to create humor. At least in front of his face.

Guys do that all the time. Mostly younger and immature guys. But still.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:47 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

This is what I don't like about men. Also, they value a woman's worth on how she looks, like if she isn't pretty enough to their standards than you are supposed to be used as a doorknob

Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
This is what I've seen. It's ok for a woman to be biotchy to someone who doesn't meet her "standard." No one will call her on it. If a guy treats an unattractive woman this way, he will hear about it...from women AND other men.

What most guys do is AVOID and NOT encourage women they don't find attractive, so they won't have to give out vibes or feedback of ANY kind.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:50 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:

Sweetness, you are hanging around the wrong men. I have long dreads, and do not look like I'm mixed with anything. I have never been "abused" about it. I have seen more ignorant comments online than in real life.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't like the choices for the poll so I didn't pick either one, too limited....anyways, I have never met a woman nor a man that didn't care at all about someone else's looks. The only women I can imagine would feel this way are very desperate for a man in their lives, would do anything to have one, etc. Personally, I don't find it flattering when all the male care about is the woman looks and also don't find it flattering when they say "Oh, I don't care how the woman looks, I'll take anything." Neither is a compliment to her.
I agree, the choices are not answers that any classy woman would choose in the first place. Go f@ck yourself??? Come on now? Are we lead to believe that the op only knows uneducated women that can not find more appropriate words to toss out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships