Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times

Advertisements

Yes it's weird especially on a first date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Ha! I love how insecure men who don't meet the mustard automatically blame the negativity on the female.

Using a coupon is like a second hand rose. It would be so much more romantic if you saved and splurged. Instead of nickel and diming to give off the impression you live a lifestyle you really couldn't afford without coupons. Also I don't care for the financial hit local business take for those coupons.
I am a big believer in living within your means without coupons. If you want to eat somewhere that you need a coupon to afford something has to change for you. Girl or not.
I'm not a big coupon guy and I live within my means. However if you can get a better deal and not have to pay as much, why not take advantage? Say I take a girl to a restaurant that will likely have a $50 bill which I can handle easy. Now if I can get it for $35-40 and save the other $10-15 for other purposes, why should I not? It does not make sense to throw away money all willy-nilly no matter your income.

BTW, no one forces those local businesses to take coupons or offer them.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Please yes do. Then I will know your cheap right outta the gate and won't waste another date. And for the record I can pay my own way so no gold digger comments please. People with coupons is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Ugh
Ooooh! Youre special!! I guess one persons cheap is another persons intelligence.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM

31,043 posts, read 22,077,427 times
I give to Charities and local youth sports groups throughout the year. When I donate I get a ton of coupons that I use. Hate to think that by giving back to the community I end up getting viewed as cheap, when the opposite is the case.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-25-2012 at 10:29 AM..

Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 AM

270 posts, read 409,504 times
No coupons until you're in a relationship, however you define that. Not on the first few dates. It says, "You're not worth full price."

And FWIW, I'm not one of those "guys always pay" chicks. Whoever invites pays. And neither of them should touch a coupon until they're settled in to a relationship.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:45 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm not a big coupon guy and I live within my means. However if you can get a better deal and not have to pay as much, why not take advantage? Say I take a girl to a restaurant that will likely have a $50 bill which I can handle easy. Now if I can get it for $35-40 and save the other $10-15 for other purposes, why should I not? It does not make sense to throw away money all willy-nilly no matter your income.

BTW, no one forces those local businesses to take coupons or offer them.

And right there is the mentality that turns me off. What else will you look for the cheap and easy way on? Not saying YOU will but you know how some can be.

Just because no one forced them doesn't make it not a cut in the night's numbers plus coupon users tend to be bad tippers because they are stingy or broke. Not saying you are...but the majority are.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGirl View Post
No coupons until you're in a relationship, however you define that. Not on the first few dates. It says, "You're not worth full price."
And FWIW, I'm not one of those "guys always pay" chicks. Whoever invites pays. And neither of them should touch a coupon until they're settled in to a relationship.
You are not worth full price? Where the do you get this stuff?

Old 05-25-2012, 11:49 AM

652 posts, read 1,052,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromNY View Post
If the coupon would set any limits, (ex order one cheeseburger get one free) then I wouldn't use it. If it's a simple $x.00 off the total bill coupon then I don't see a problem.
I agree with that.

I guess I see the potential trouble with couponing is that one would be limited to whatever coupons one might be available at any one time. What if the date isn't in the mood for the choices.

I've been married for a long time...so perhaps what I say isn't relevant. I'm also more likely to coupon than my husband, but less likely than my mom. I think where it gets frustrating is that one feels limited only to the places you have a coupon for.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGirl View Post

Works out perfectly for you considering the fact that guys ask majority of the time.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 PM

652 posts, read 1,052,860 times
I thought a little bit more about this.

I can't recall any guys ever using coupons during my dating days.

If I knew up front the guy had a coupon for $10 off your meal, etc., I think I'd feel some pressure to order a cheaper entree and a glass of water vs. a more expensive entree and a glass of wine.

I think I might have different thoughts about couponing if the guy was a college student vs. someone well established in a good career.

As far as the coupon books mentioned above, the ones I've seen usually have some fine print and restrictions. Often they apply to Mon-Thurs. and/or early diners.

Like I said I more likely to coupon than my husband. Once recently our family went out for dinner, and used a coupon. There was a fair bit of "fussing" involved so we could work our total out to the conditions of the coupon...and I think it took away from the enjoyment of the dinner, honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships