Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Versus, "We have to go to Arby's because I have a coupon for 3 Beef and Cheddars for the price of 2."

That's never going to be a panty-dropper.

Well sure, but if you can't spin things in your favor to sound good you're not going to be getting in any panties no matter how much money you spend.

Although, judging by some of the other posters on here, the only thing they care about is how much money you're spending on them. Who cares about where you are or who you're with, if you're not spending full price they aren't happy. I'd never want to be around a girl like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 12:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGirl View Post
Hmm, this is a stupid response to my comment, but I'll play along and treat it with the respect it probably doesn't deserve.

The person paying clearly doesn't want to pay full price if they're using a coupon to avoid paying full price. So either they can't afford to pay full price or they simply don't want to. If they don't want to, the statement is that the invitee isn't worth the full price. Why is this a head slapper to you?
The fact that you talk like that pretty much sets in stone that no, you are not worth the full price.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:43 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
If you want to save money, why go out to eat at all..it is a big waste of money.

I think there is a big difference in saving hundreds or more dollars purchasing a car, than giving out the message you are worried about saving $10, or sometimes much less at a restaurant.
To take your argument to its logical conclusion, then why buy anything? Wouldn't buying nothing at all save us 100% of our money? We should all just stay home and never use gasoline in cars to go to work or to have fun. We should all never buy gifts for others or things for ourselves. We should all never buy tickets to movies, sporting events, or plays. We're not required to do any of this.

There's nothing wrong with spending money, but if you're going to buy something anyway, why not save the money by using a coupon? What do you have against that? The issue isn't as black and white as: "if you want to save money then don't go out." You're arguing an extreme position that's unnecessary when there's a middle ground. Do you really think that or are you just being intellectually dishonest?

Old 05-25-2012, 12:45 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
That's not well established in a good career.

It all comes down to the women you really want to be with. Do you really want to be with a women who only cares about how much you're spending on her?

Another thing , if you're paying with a coupon , you could certainly slip it in without the other person actually noticing.
Definitely not to the bolded. If she showed that attitude, she'd be doing be a favor to me and our thing would end there.

Quote:
"We have to go to Arby's because I have a coupon for 3 Beef and Cheddars for the price of 2."
My instances would be for more like, "Hey, I want to go to this nice place in (Louisville's) East Market District. How about I treat you to a upscale meal for a change?" What would be the problem with that?

Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quite a bit of assuming going on here. Assuming the guy is broke or doesnt care about his date because he uses a coupon. I made a little over $100,000 last year.So if you want to think I'm poor because I use a coupon, so be it. I'll take my savings and keep on going on the 1st class vacations that I go on each year. She can sit her smug a** at home thinking what a cheap bas*ard I am while I'm up at 9,000 ft trout fishing or laying on the beach watching the hotties walk by.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:57 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
Alpha males rather spend their time earning money than saving money.
If I have to spend money to impress a girl, she is obviously not the right one.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:58 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,226 times
Quote:
Not all alpha males are stupid..
And alpha males don't listen to women who tell them how to be alpha males!

Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
The fact that you talk like that pretty much sets in stone that no, you are not worth the full price.
Good point. A girl who was worth full price would not complain about me not paying full price.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:02 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Quite a bit of assuming going on here. Assuming the guy is broke or doesnt care about his date because he uses a coupon.
But at the same time, early on in the relationship everyone should be trying to put his/her best foot forward, and pinching pennies doesn't make a great first impression. Sort of like "here, I bought you some flowers. I got them out of the dumpster for free!"

Old 05-25-2012, 01:07 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
How would your date see the coupon? When they bring me the bill in one of those bill folder things I just put my cash or card in there and hand it back. Couldn't you slip a coupon in there with your cash or card without the date seeing? I mean the classy thing for a date to do is to pretend that the transaction did not occur. Then again the classy thing for a guy that is taking a girl out is to set the entire date thing up in advance, including calling ahead and taking care of the bill in advance. Then again that may be a problem when you are watching your pennies. It sure is cool though when you can do it.

Now lets talk about the tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships