Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 01:54 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And yet, so very very many marriages lasting decades have started with this very thing.
So many...I don't even know of 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 01:58 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Yeah, because EVERY guy that approaches a woman at a club is just looking for something to stick it in.

But no, according to Stan, they can't possibly *gasp* care about her as a person

Actually, 49ers said it.
And many, many other guys.

And do tell...how do you know you want to get to know me from seeing me across the room? My intellect? Sense of humor? Any actual thing about me that makes me a real person?

Spare me your indignation. No one is buying it.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:02 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Yeah, because EVERY guy that approaches a woman at a club is just looking for something to stick it in
But no, according to Stan, they can't possibly *gasp* care about her as a person
Because guys all want sex and women all hate that! Get your thing away from me, gross!
Guys all think one thing, women all think something else. In unison. I see we're all on the same page.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Which means it never happened.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:06 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Just because you don't know of any, doesn't mean they don't exist. I know of at least a couple that met that way.

Quote:
Actually, 49ers said it.
And many, many other guys.

And do tell...how do you know you want to get to know me from seeing me across the room? My intellect? Sense of humor? Any actual thing about me that makes me a real person?

Spare me your indignation. No one is buying it.
Oh please, the majority of couples (married or not) that are together judge their potential partner based on looks (cold approach or not) first. Let's not pretend that isn't the case otherwise.

Just because someone cold approaches you, doesn't mean all they want to do is get in your pants. Is that the case with some guys? Sure. All guys? No.

Maybe some aren't buying it, but others that know the truth are.

Just say you don't prefer being cold approach, and not that all guys that cold approach are just after one thing. That's a more logical and reasonable response.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
You already have your answer.

Social anxiety.
Fear of rejection.
Want to be seen.
Involved.
Aren't interested in anyone.
Etc.

It doesn't bother me. I catch guys watching me all the time and honestly, I prefer they stay where they are. They can watch all they want. I never go out with the intention to meet someone. When I want to spend time with friends, I go out specifically to spend time with them. If a guy doesn't want to approach, cool with me. It's their business. It's not that serious.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:50 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
LOL about guys saying "only the attractive men can get away with this"... OK think about the venue for a second. We're talking about a LOUD environment. You can't hear yourself think in those places. So yeah, looks are pretty much what matters. So women might be there to drink and dance with friends, or they might want some attention so they feel hot. But no one who is downright unattractive is going to get much attention at a place like that! I mean, this isn't insulting, what else can you go on? Maybe if someone is flagging an interest you share like some band or show reference on a t-shirt...but odds are, it's people just looking around and judging what they see.

I like a broad spectrum of average looks in a guy, but I would not consider a dance club a good place to make connections like that, because I need conversation to build connection. I'm not attracted to anyone that I've never talked to, really. So I assume that people who go to dance bars to try and meet partners (casual or serious) are being fairly superficial. But I also assume that plenty of 'em are just looking to have a fun night out with friends, and drinking and dancing are fun for them.

The whole concept of "approach" when you're in a loud space and can't talk, is a little weird to me. I approach tons of people...to initiate conversation with them. When I've happened to be at bars for social events, I was glad I was a smoker, I spent a lot of time outside where I could talk to people.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:03 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:

I've been to at least a dozen marriages in my life (all still going) that started with people meeting at clubs/shows/parties/bars and hooking up and it never ending. Instant chemistry sometimes never fades.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
LOL about guys saying "only the attractive men can get away with this"... OK think about the venue for a second. We're talking about a LOUD environment. You can't hear yourself think in those places. So yeah, looks are pretty much what matters. So women might be there to drink and dance with friends, or they might want some attention so they feel hot. But no one who is downright unattractive is going to get much attention at a place like that! I mean, this isn't insulting, what else can you go on? Maybe if someone is flagging an interest you share like some band or show reference on a t-shirt...but odds are, it's people just looking around and judging what they see.

I like a broad spectrum of average looks in a guy, but I would not consider a dance club a good place to make connections like that, because I need conversation to build connection. I'm not attracted to anyone that I've never talked to, really. So I assume that people who go to dance bars to try and meet partners (casual or serious) are being fairly superficial. But I also assume that plenty of 'em are just looking to have a fun night out with friends, and drinking and dancing are fun for them.

The whole concept of "approach" when you're in a loud space and can't talk, is a little weird to me. I approach tons of people...to initiate conversation with them. When I've happened to be at bars for social events, I was glad I was a smoker, I spent a lot of time outside where I could talk to people.
Which is why cold approach in any setting has never appealed to me. Hot or not.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
A bar or club full of drunk horny people who are almost entirely looking for NSA action is a great way to make new friends and find a potential bf or gf.
Seriously ladies, if a man is approaching you at the club, he just wants to see you naked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Or if you try to be friendly and she has a disgusted look on her face... Happened to me once and that was a clear cut sign to back off.
Because she knew you just wanted to see her naked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships