Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:25 PM

900 posts, read 1,698,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
This would :

- annoy me
- make me wonder about why he has places in public he won't be seen with me

Either way...I would drop that like the big bag of crazy it is. He needs to be alone to work on himself.
Do you tell him you can't go places because something happened there a decade ago? PSsh...
Dude is not level.

Its not like his parents were shot in front of him there so something crazy. He had a fight and a proposal. A therapist would tell him to go and experience it to see its not that bad. Its called exposure therapy and its something used to break obsessive fears.

He may be over his ex but not over whatever pain she caused. To hold a pain that long is abnormal.
Great post , but I don't think her boyfriend doesn't want to be seen certain places with her. He clearly has problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 10:22 PM

51 posts, read 56,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
oh ok..I see what you're saying. To me, if she said "he got angry with her her there because she was flirting" then I wouldn't even bat an eye at it but to say "he was super jealous"? Jealousy sounds more constant and not always to be an attractive trait.
He's not the jealous type, not at all. that's how he's with me anyway. He would laugh and find it funny if some guys try to get together with me.

To me, a right portion of jealousy shows that she/he cares.

He was being jealous toward ex flirting, I think was understandable. The ex did divorce him and started a relationship with one of the hunsbands in that trip( that was a 3 couple together trip). But bf always say that the ex didn't do anything wrong, so I don't know.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:41 AM

541 posts, read 939,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitpunch1 View Post
You ment you had sympathy toward my bf?

He talked about the ex a lot, but he also told me the whole time during his marrige, he was crazy about a girl at work. to a point he hated weekends, cause that's when he stuck at home and couldn't see that girl.

So I'm confused, if he loved the ex, why did he go crazy about another girl. But now, he talks about the ex non stop.

is that why his marriage ended? Because he was into someone else at work? How long were your bf and her married?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 AM

541 posts, read 939,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
This would :

- annoy me
- make me wonder about why he has places in public he won't be seen with me

Either way...I would drop that like the big bag of crazy it is. He needs to be alone to work on himself.
Do you tell him you can't go places because something happened there a decade ago? PSsh...
Dude is not level.

Its not like his parents were shot in front of him there so something crazy. He had a fight and a proposal. A therapist would tell him to go and experience it to see its not that bad. Its called exposure therapy and its something used to break obsessive fears.

He may be over his ex but not over whatever pain she caused. To hold a pain that long is abnormal.

I agree. But how would any woman know how to deal with that? Divorce the man? Because stuff like that bothers me alot.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,703,188 times
some people have problems going back to places that had bad memories. it's not 'refusing to move forward' or 'living in the past' either.

but this issue the OP talks about doesn't warrant that kind of response about going back to a place where a bad memory happened. An argument? I can think of a lot worse.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:44 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,184,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitpunch1 View Post
He's not the jealous type, not at all. that's how he's with me anyway. He would laugh and find it funny if some guys try to get together with me.

To me, a right portion of jealousy shows that she/he cares.

He was being jealous toward ex flirting, I think was understandable. The ex did divorce him and started a relationship with one of the hunsbands in that trip( that was a 3 couple together trip). But bf always say that the ex didn't do anything wrong, so I don't know.
That contradicts why he got "super jealous" on this trip. If the ex didn't do anything wrong then I am completely lost about your initial comment about the ex flirting and him getting jealous.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM

545 posts, read 906,459 times
I have places like that. I even have bad dates(on the calendar) I remember

Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 AM

900 posts, read 1,698,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
I have places like that. I even have bad dates(on the calendar) I remember
Me too , but I go where I need to go and I bet you do , too. I think the op's boyfriend has issues.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,504,327 times
One place he doesn't want to go back to? Sure, I'll give him that. But multiple places he can't bear to return to because of the memories they evoke strikes me as someone who is pretty tortured. I take that as a key warning sign. And I haven't read any of the other posts from you that others are referencing either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships