Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 07:49 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I've experienced the feeling, but only to an extent. It's more like,

"Good god, how can anyone look that good?! What I wouldn't...*sigh* Might as well put it out of my head, because there's her husband/boyfriend/girlfriend." And by the next day I've forgotten about it all.
I experience it occasionally, but I comfort myself by reassuring myself they probably have boring personalities (I know that's a stereotype and wrong).

Now women who have both the looks and personality - sometimes it'd be easier if they didn't exist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 08:06 PM

35 posts, read 37,003 times
what makes you fell that?
weird..

Old 06-01-2012, 02:26 AM

230 posts, read 525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Women want that power over men. They enjoy men slobbering at their feet. Don't let shallow passions of the aesthetic control you. Remember that beauty is fleeting.
Excellent point Trimac. And yes that song basically expresses how a lot of them think. And that song came out back in 1980. Just shows how some things never change. But what you said put it in perspective for me. I'm back on track now. Thanx for that.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:30 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Personally, I've never had that problem. I've known a few women like this. They are usually very boring people, and not enjoyable to be around. I'd much rather have an average looking woman who is fun, interesting, smart, honest and kindhearted. My advice, concentrate on these qualities, and that beautiful wrapping will not matter much anymore.

BIngo! I've dated a few 10's in my lifetime. Trust me I'd take an 8 or even a 7 with a stimulating mind, a good heart, and willing to play/get dirty once in a while. The more beautiful a woman is the more likely a big pain in your rear she is. Beautiful women are hard to please because they've had everything thrown their way their entire existence. Plus you can look at beautiful women naked all day long it's called Tumblr! LOL.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:16 AM

3,996 posts, read 5,012,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Maybe not you...but for many women it's either a self-esteem or a power thing. If they ***** about unwanted attention yet they still pander to the male idea of what's sexy, you know what they're really thinking. 'You can look but not touch.'

I'm sorry but I think it calls for this song:

I apologize to your ears (and sense of good taste), in advance!
I guess I just object to the phrase "most women"...believe me, I know what you're talking about...but I just don't see it as most women. Well, maybe since I'm not a 10, I'm talking out of my ***!

And dudes do the same thing btw...I've seen such handsome men that it's hard to believe that their molecules formed so perfectly...and some of those guys definitely use it to their advantage with women. Goes both ways...

Old 06-02-2012, 11:36 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
I mean is it ever frustrating for you that a woman looks so good that it almost hurts you that you can't have her? I got that feeling earlier today when I was at the first day of training for my new job?
Not at all. Is there anything special about them besides looks?

Nothing extraordinary.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:38 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Let's try this again.

ALL MEN are attracted to beautiful women on a non-conscious level, because it is a sign of youthfulness and fertility. THey seek out a prtner who gives them the best chance to have healthy offspring. Even though, beauty and fertility arent scientificaly correlated, men tend to act as if they were. Anything else is hogwash and social conditioning. Almost every man on this planet, can tell you right away if a particular woman would be a good partner for him, just by looking at her picture.

ALL WOMEN are attracted to certain behavior that men must display. It is so, because women are looking for a mate, who will protect them during their pregnancy and be strong and responsible enough to take care off their offspring. This also happens on a non-conscious level. Money, looks, height, power, social status are all nothing but pathetic excuses by guys who have no luck with the opposite sex. Its easier to excuse it on somehting external, rather than look in a mirror, because that is exactly where the problem is. THere is no such thing as a woman who is too attractive for any guy in this thread. Of course it would take the right attitude and knowing what youre doing. Women want real men who are dominant, assertive, charming and responsible. If you can display these qualities through your actions, you can land any 10 you set your eyes on. True Story.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:28 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
I mean is it ever frustrating for you that a woman looks so good that it almost hurts you that you can't have her? I got that feeling earlier today when I was at the first day of training for my new job?
No, as a male, i cant say i ever thought that about a woman. It sort of sounds like you dont think you are worthy of having a nice looking woman...would this be accurate to say of you ? I have some lady friends in their lat 40's who have knockout looking daughters in their early 20's that have trouble getting dates or have trouble getting decent guys to be interested in them , so, alot of outward beauty can be kind of a curse to the woman . As you get older, youll mature into seeking the INNER beauty of a woman more than her outward 'accessories' ... or at least it would behoove you and all men to do so.

Lastly, I wouldnt move toward the whole lust thing with this particular woman as it only serves as being no good for you ; instead become her friend and gradually get to know her providing she is not already spoken for ...in which case respect that and cool your testosterone when you are in close proximity to her. Best advice i can offer.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:30 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
As a woman, I've felt this way about another woman's incredible shoes. LOL

Old 06-03-2012, 09:44 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Think about it this way:

All that wonderful beauty probably took hours to put on. Do you really think that she is interested in someone that will cause it to be smeared all over her face?

Could you kiss those beautiful lips? She's going to be worried about what she will look like when you get finished. Be sure to reassure her that you will be careful.

And that Hair!!! does she do it herself or spend hours in a salon every few days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships