Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: He should start hugging and kissing her:
After a few minutes 14 18.42%
After a few hours 19 25.00%
Not until the second date 14 18.42%
On the third date or it's hopeless 29 38.16%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:01 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
This question is straightforward enough. I don't mean necessarily having sexual relations.

But maybe hugging, kissing, gentle foreplay and those sorts of things.
I did not vote as there were no appropriate choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I did not vote as there were no appropriate choices.
Does your brain hurt?

Old 05-29-2012, 10:13 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Does your brain hurt?
After spending just a very few minutes on this forum...yeah...it does.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:14 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post

1. Don't make first contact. You need to find out if she's into you, so let HER make the first physical touching, whether it be touching your arm, holding your hand, or even footsy under the table. Don't touch her until she does.

2. If it gets close to the end of the date and I'm not sure if she's into me or not: I go in for the kiss.
Just my preference, but I personally want to know if she's into me before going home and wondering if calling her again will lead to a second date. If I kiss her I'm going to know for certain where I stand. It's the only card I can play that shows me her hand at that point. This is also important: My experience has taught me that if she doesn't give you a window of opportunity to go in for the kiss then she's not into you. Example would be the "quick hug goodbye" or just not even being anywhere in striking (kissing) distance of you on the walk home or what ever. If she's half into you she'll give you the window of opportunity to make a move.

3. If I absolutely know she's digging me and even if I think she wants me to kiss her, I won't do it. Not on the first date. I'll wait a date or two to keep her thinking of me. Otherwise, in my experience (this is just what I do, feel free to criticize), but I have found that women grow bored of you if you jump right into them as they are into you that fast. I like to slow things down a little bit. I won't play games with her, I will still call her and go out with her but I'll wait to kiss her. That way it will actually make the first kiss that much better when I do go for it.
Your item #2 contradicts your item #1, "don't make first contact, let her make first contact". Do you see how you contradicted yourself? How did that happen?

DO NOT kiss a woman on the first date, unless she's giving clear signals and has already initiated first contact. You have no right to shove your mouth into my face when I barely know you. A kiss is not an after-dinner mint, it's an intimate expression of affection. I can't have much, if any, affection for you if I've only just met you.

Women aren't objects to be used for your own thrills. Women are people. They have feelings. Respect those feelings. Do not get in my face. If I'm into you and I see you're game, I'll start making a move in the direction of your face.

I'm gonna start carrying a taser after reading this thread.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
As soon as she'll let him.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:36 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your item #2 contradicts your item #1, "don't make first contact, let her make first contact". Do you see how you contradicted yourself? How did that happen?

DO NOT kiss a woman on the first date, unless she's giving clear signals and has already initiated first contact. You have no right to shove your mouth into my face when I barely know you. A kiss is not an after-dinner mint, it's an intimate expression of affection. I can't have much, if any, affection for you if I've only just met you.

Women aren't objects to be used for your own thrills. Women are people. They have feelings. Respect those feelings. Do not get in my face. If I'm into you and I see you're game, I'll start making a move in the direction of your face.

I'm gonna start carrying a taser after reading this thread.
I don't blame you.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
I don't like any of the options. So IMO, they're all wrong.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:45 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't like any of the options. So IMO, they're all wrong.
If there hasn't been any hugging or kissing by the third date, then what's the point of going on dating?

That sounds to me like there's probably no romantic connection there.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:49 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
If there hasn't been any hugging or kissing by the third date, then what's the point of going on dating?

That sounds to me like there's no romantic connection there.

IMO, at that point, this person is a step and half above a stranger and that's it. Why I would want some stranger 'kissing and hugging' me to prove there's a connection, is beyond me. But no, that's not for me. Maybe that's how most of these peoples operate which explains why a lot of their situations end up crashing and burning early on.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:14 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
This question is straightforward enough. I don't mean necessarily having sexual relations.

But maybe hugging, kissing, gentle foreplay and those sorts of things.
As soon as he/she consents and wants to do it too. There is no set in stone rule for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships