Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Try him out 20 50.00%
No thanks 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 06:26 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,803,323 times

Advertisements

And say you found him cute or appealing...I guess most woman don't approach, ever, but saying you're the approaching type, and his friend tells you he NEVER approaches women.

Would you be the one to get him out of his shell, or are men like that too timid for you to even consider?

It seems there are a lot of overtly shy/timid men these days. Or if they're not, they're TOO forward about it. There are also more bold women, it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 08:14 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,674,400 times
I never really was one to sit around and wait for the guy. If I saw someone I liked and they were not dating anyone I pounced. LOL

I love that look on a shy guy's face when you just grab them and kiss them.

In talking about it later I asked why they didn't first. They said they thought that I would reject them or be a ***** about rejecting them. Someone like me would never like them etc.

Shy guys are sweet.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 AM

19,603 posts, read 20,054,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Would you be the one to get him out of his shell, or are men like that too timid for you to even consider?
If the guy doesn't feel comfortable enough with me to ease out of that shell a bit on his own, I'm not gonna rush him. But if I we are both obviously feelin eachother, I'll do my best to hang in there. lol

Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,889,531 times
I didn't answer the pole (I am a guy), but thought I would add that my wife approached me first, and made the first move with a kiss when we first started dating.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 AM

199 posts, read 390,155 times
Being reserved and shy are two different elements. Quite frankly, I don't mind a woman approaching me, as long as she's not too overly aggressive.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:26 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,882,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
And say you found him cute or appealing...I guess most woman don't approach, ever, but saying you're the approaching type, and his friend tells you he NEVER approaches women.

It seems there are a lot of overtly shy/timid men these days. Or if they're not, they're TOO forward about it. There are also more bold women, it seems.
I don't think he has to approach you. I think you could make yourself available.

In that I mean be by him. Let him strike up a conversation to you. You stood by him and he has an opportunity.

Alot of good men are not going to chase you down and ask you out. It just doesn't work that way. The players have no problem doing that if that is the kind of guy you are interested in.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:26 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,073,935 times
I wouldn't mind a shy guy who needs me to make the first move. As long as he isn't shy when we get to know each other and he's not some weird hermit who is afraid to leave the house or meet any of my friends or family. I'm not shy, but I can be reserved especially around a lot of new people. Not everyone feels the need to be the center of attention or hear the sound of their own voice every minute. I can definitely appreciate a more reserved guy.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,699,869 times
the most i would probably be willing to do would be talk to him and that's only if he showed some interest (yea right). most of these type men don't even show slightest bit of interest so i guess women are going to continue to escape them, shame as it is.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:34 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,803,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I don't think he has to approach you. I think you could make yourself available.

In that I mean be by him. Let him strike up a conversation to you. You stood by him and he has an opportunity.

Alot of good men are not going to chase you down and ask you out. It just doesn't work that way. The players have no problem doing that if that is the kind of guy you are interested in.
What do you mean 'be by him?' By be 'available', do you mean go separate yourself off from your girlfriends, sit by the bar by yourself, and maybe show a bit more skin?

I'm a guy, btw, on the shy side, I've tried striking up convos with girls a few times but it never led to anything. I've never really been 'approached', a few ladies will strike up conversations but usually just friendly. But then again don't most of those things just start off as friendly? Especially at parties when it's just mingling. I've had good feelings about women, but why can't it ever progress so we really get to know each other? Maybe the fact I go to so few, and haven't really asked for a number or anything.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 PM

545 posts, read 906,211 times
Neither. how would I know he is interested if he doesn't approach? D'oh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships