Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 12:09 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
MZs wife looks like his mom, while he looks like a virgin. im glad the dude is loaded, but he's still a dork.
I agree, he's a dork and most people won't dispute that..but he is a MARRIED dork now.

Also agree with a prior poster who commented about the silly "rules" MZs wife made him agree to when dating. It was in a NY Times article, and she demanded their dates last exactly 100 minutes once a week. Nothing more, nothing less. Most guys would have said, "ok see ya. Later!!" but MZ ends up marrying her, so clearly her ploy worked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
I agree, he's a dork and most people won't dispute that..but he is a MARRIED dork now.

Also agree with a prior poster who commented about the silly "rules" MZs wife made him agree to when dating. It was in a NY Times article, and she demanded their dates last exactly 100 minutes once a week. Nothing more, nothing less. Most guys would have said, "ok see ya. Later!!" but MZ ends up marrying her, so clearly her ploy worked!
Yeah, its called he got a taste of vajayjay for the first time in his life, and now this woman owns his soul, knowing life. As such, he is a broke married dork and his wife is worth a 100 bil. I can see nothing but bright future for this couple!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - you said that the hobby can love them back. That is what my issue is with. That you think inanimate objects are capable of human emotions. But like you said - we just see relationships differently. But I wanted to clarify that I think hobbies and passions can have a very special place in someone's life - I just don't agree that these hobbies and passions are capable of human emotions.
I never said that inanimate objects can love anyone. This entire time, I have repeatedly stated that HOBBIES can deliver reciprocal love. OTHERS honed in on the objective, inanimate video game cartridge/dvd facet of it. I have stated repeatedly that a hobby, meaning an activity in its entirety not just the equipment used in that activity, can reciprocate love to its participant. Answer me this: If your spouse were incapable of speaking or moving (paralyzed), how would you know he/she still loved you presently? I mean, he or she would certainly be inanimate, so that would render any presumed love null right?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:17 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I never said that inanimate objects can love anyone. This entire time, I have repeatedly stated that HOBBIES can deliver reciprocal love. OTHERS honed in on the inanimate video game cartridge/dvd facet of it. I have stated repeatedly that a hobby, meaning an activity in its entirety not just the equipment used in that activity, can reciprocate love to its participant. Answer me this: If your spouse were incapable of speaking or moving (paralyzed), how would you know he/she still loved you presently? I mean, he or she would certainly be inanimate, so that would render any presumed love null right?
Are you really equating an inanimate object like a video game remote controller to a LIVE, HUMAN BEING???? Are you serious??? For real ??? OMG..

The comparison is apples and oranges. Hobbies can NOT reciprocate love, all the can do is PROVIDE you with enjoyment or pleasure. When you are angry and want to argue, will a video game suddenly jump off the table and smack you???

Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I think theoretically, 2 ideal people, are always better than 1 ideal person. But that doesnt mean that each individual person in that relationship, is better than a single person outside of a relationship. And I dont think that one must be in an exclusive romantic relationship to reap the benefits of achieving the '2 person' ideal. I think that for one to tether their success solely to one other person is misleading, in the sense that anyone who supplies extra help, extra money, extra resources, or extra time, would be a huge benefactor to anyone who needed more of those things; whether in a relationship with that person or merely a stranger on the street.
Do you think that, in a "power couple," one person must be tethering their success solely to the other? Is it possible to have an equal partnership where one person is successful alone, but even better with their partner? Do you think one person must have the majority power or serve as the benefactor in a relationship?

Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Only a truly selfish and out of touch person feels like doing something or spending time in the pursuit or support of a loved one's happiness is a chore or an infringement of personal liberty.

I LOVE doing things for my family. I ADORE spending time with my wife.
I honestly cannot think of any single more fulfilling thing I could do with my time than further the happiness of my family.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Are you really equating an inanimate object like a video game remote controller to a LIVE, HUMAN BEING???? Are you serious??? For real ??? OMG..
The comparison is apples and oranges. Hobbies can NOT reciprocate love, all the can do is PROVIDE you with enjoyment or pleasure. When you are angry and want to argue, will a video game suddenly jump off the table and smack you???
That's not a good analogy to support your argument. If that's what a LTR is like I'll stick with gaming.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:25 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
Just because it says that on the papers doesn't mean both parties didn't have a role.
And if both had a role you can guess who ends up winning after the divorce. Hint: the one who came into marriage without a penny but left with billions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yeah, its called he got a taste of vajayjay for the first time in his life, and now this woman owns his soul, knowing life. As such, he is a broke married dork and his wife is worth a 100 bil. I can see nothing but bright future for this couple!
Could it be that he got the “first vagina syndrome” or whatever it is called? Where a young guy gets a taste of it for the first time and then his soul is owned by that girl. If it is true that she had those roles and he crawled behind her following those rules then I won’t be surprised if she’s another woman who married a rich man with a contract before getting married on how much allowance he should give her, how often he should buy her a new car, etc. I think as bad for the guys who end up signing those contracts.

I am not sure if it's the greatest idea for a young billionaire to marry young without first being exposed to the world a little longer.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Only a truly selfish and out of touch person feels like doing something or spending time in the pursuit or support of a loved one's happiness is a chore or an infringement of personal liberty.

I honestly cannot think of any single more fulfilling thing I could do with my time than further the happiness of my family.
What if there are no "loved ones"? You have the right to that if you don't have a SO or children.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Agree... I am so much better with my SO and we have equal power. We are both the benefactors of the relationship. It's almost like some of these posters have never seen a relationship like this. We want to spend every waking moment together which is why we've adjusted our careers/lifestyle so that we can work together every day.

I understand that others do not need/want reciprocal love, but there are still many benefits to those who have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships