Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 AM

4,866 posts, read 10,486,646 times

Advertisements

Do you really wanna have kids at 40 when you're too old and tired to keep up with them and enjoy them? And for me personally, I like having a partner. I'm not perfect and neither is she, but helping each other through the challenges of life means we're both more successful because we have different strengths. Two heads, and sets of hands, are better than one. She's not a parasite, she's a partner, and frankly not having to put in the significant effort of dating and getting laid anyways means I've got more time and energy to put into becoming successful. It's not about religion either, I'm an atheist from a society where formal marriage is actually rarer than just living together. But having a partner who helps you and that you can rely on is a wonderful asset and a very fulfilling life experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,587,127 times
You know, Im such a weirdo. I absolutely hate conformity and social norms imposed by others. If i look at a person, I do it from an angle which is open minded and with full understanding that this persons shoes are alot different from my own. Who am I to judge their choices in life that only impact their own level of happiness. Seems like vast majority of people in this sheepish society, are often trying to create some absurd rules that equate to a tidy little box that everything fits into perfectly. I cant decide if its the way that people need to organize their belief system for it to make sense, or they simply get an ego boost by putting someone else down, who may be walking a different path. Little more understanding, compassion and open mindedness would go along way today.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 AM

17,613 posts, read 22,552,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
I understand that not every guy is the same and that many want to start a family and settle down, but I just can't understand why a guy wouldn't want to test out all there is on the open market (at least for a good 3-5 years or so) before calling it quits.

I mean, look at what's out here: we have white chicks, black chicks, Asian chicks, mixed chicks, Latin chicks, Indian chicks, blondes, brunettes, redheads, tall chicks, short chicks, skinny chicks, athletic chicks, muscle chicks, BBWs, cougars, college-aged chicks, bisexual chicks, etc. That's just too much goodness to turn down, especially when it's actually available to you which is why I don't understand some of these guys who throw in the towel just when things are about to get good.

It just seems unnatural for a guy to not be interested in spreading his wings a bit before settling down.

When you already have the most wonderful lady & best friend (in your mind), how can you do any better then that?......

Old 06-05-2012, 10:00 AM

652 posts, read 1,049,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You know, Im such a weirdo. I absolutely hate conformity and social norms imposed by others. If i look at a person, I do it from an angle which is open minded and with full understanding that this persons shoes are alot different from my own. Who am I to judge their choices in life that only impact their own level of happiness. Seems like vast majority of people in this sheepish society, are often trying to create some absurd rules that equate to a tidy little box that everything fits into perfectly. I cant decide if its the way that people need to organize their belief system for it to make sense, or they simply get an ego boost by putting someone else down, who may be walking a different path. Little more understanding, compassion and open mindedness would go along way today.
It is fine for you to follow whatever path you like.

Not sure what point you are arguing exactly, but the OP is the one judging others for following a certain path. He can do what he likes, but why be so bothered about what his male counterparts are doing?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:08 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,587,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
It is fine for you to follow whatever path you like.

Not sure what point you are arguing exactly, but the OP is the one judging others for following a certain path. He can do what he likes, but why be so bothered about what his male counterparts are doing?
Im just making on observation, based on what Ive read in this thread. Not everything fits into what you perceive to be the norm and it isnt automaticaly wrong for being that way. I guess what Im saying is that I wish people in general were little more open minded.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 AM

652 posts, read 1,049,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Im just making on observation, based on what Ive read in this thread. Not everything fits into what you perceive to be the norm and it isnt automaticaly wrong for being that way. I guess what Im saying is that I wish people in general were little more open minded.
Are you talking about the OP when you are talking about being open minded?

Again, people should pursue what makes them happy. It isn't at all open minded though to start a thread like this.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,154,152 times
It's more the premise that is odd with the op.

Like the only point in being successful and having lots of money is to get more tail or something.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,883,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You've got to understand something about some guys, they don't tolerate people (especially other men) who have a different opinions from themselves and don't see the world the way they do. Some guys think that every man should be out there banging every chick they find and never get tied down hence this thread. And if another man does not share their viewpoint of life than he is less of a man in their eyes (a beta). Some guys really don't find the life of a player appealing and would rather be in a committed relationship with one woman than juggle 5 at a time. But you will never convince them of this. It will be like talking to a brick wall.
Funny, I'm seeing this same mindset coming from the opposite (married) point of view in this thread as well. Call out both sides' hypocrisy, not just one.

Btw, I agree with your points about some of these type of bachelors' intolerance towards married men's decisions, even though I have no problem with people playing the field (as long as they are honest about it). But I'm seeing the same intolerance coming from married folks who think their way is the only way, and the other side is creepy or in need of therapy. One could make the same absurd argument about married folks based on divorce stats, pitfalls, and potential devastation.

Sorry, neither side is inherently better than the other. Both have pros and cons, which choice is better depends on the person who is analyzing it.

Last edited by Freedom123; 06-05-2012 at 10:50 AM..

Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 AM

17,613 posts, read 22,552,621 times
Dany (Daenerys Targaryen) of "Game of Thrones" has 3 dragons......

The Official Website for the HBO Series Game of Thrones | Season 2

Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,136,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Funny, I'm seeing this same mindset coming from the opposite (married) point of view in this thread as well. Call out both sides' hypocrisy, not just one.

Btw, I agree with your points about some of these type of bachelors' intolerance towards married men's decisions, even though I have no problem with people playing the field (as long as they are honest about it). But I'm seeing the same intolerance coming from married folks who think their way is the only way, and the other side is creepy or in need of therapy. One could make the same absurd argument about married folks based on divorce stats, pitfalls, and potential devastation.

Sorry, neither side is inherently better than the other. Both have pros and cons, which choice is better depends on the person who is analyzing it.
Freedom, please link all the threads started by married men attempting to degrade single men for not marrying and having children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships