Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Hey some women love rich men.

All women love rich men!
Not if the rich man is full of himself....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
In most women's eyes, money (or at least the potential to make a certain amount of money) is the measuring stick for success. I realize everyone's measuring stick for success is different, but money is the universally accepted standard.
That's true

Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
I've met some really obnoxious, boring, unappealing rich men. No amount of money can wipe that stuff off.

Give me a kind, loving, compassionate man any day, no matter what money he has or lacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post

Old 06-10-2012, 03:47 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Every post of yours speaks to why you must turn to prostitutes for companionship.

Braunwyn, why are you trying to make a man feel guilty if he turns to "working girls" for companionship?

As a FEMALE, you really have no business judging how a man goes about having relations with the opposite sex because you live in another world where sex is always available to you, and your sexual organs are a prized commodity, so you will never know what it's like to be involuntary celibate, or what it's like having to hunt down a willing sex partner.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Braunwyn, why are you trying to make a man feel guilty if he turns to "working girls" for companionship?

As a FEMALE, you really have no business judging how a man goes about having relations with the opposite sex because you live in another world where sex is always available to you, and your sexual organs are a prized commodity, so you will never know what it's like to be involuntary celibate, or what it's like having to hunt down a willing sex partner.
My comment isn't about sex. It's about companionship. I'm not surprised that those who cannot discern between what is good, as in good works, and what isn't have a difficult forming and having relationships with other humans.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:29 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Lol yeah ok

Old 06-10-2012, 04:49 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
My comment isn't about sex. It's about companionship. I'm not surprised that those who cannot discern between what is good, as in good works, and what isn't have a difficult forming and having relationships with other humans.
Again, you have no business criticizing a man for using a prostitute. Many men use prostitutes for companionship only and there is nothing wrong with it.

But let's get down to it Braunwyn, you don't like men having the option of using prostitutes because it means men will gain more power over women because then they will have the ability to have unlimited sexual relief.

Quote:
have a difficult forming and having relationships with other humans.
You must have been sheltered all your life. Some people have had very bad experiences with other humans so they're incapable of bonding with others normally, and on the other hand, some people don't wish to have relations with other humans for various reasons.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:45 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
I question this topic. Successful men marry after they finish their schooling and get a footing in their careers. For doctors and lawyers, that means AFTER 30.

I only know of one person who married immediately after law school, at age 25. He married his college girlfriend. This person was also very neurotic on this dimension and was very suspicious of those who were unmarried at 28 or 29. In reality, this was MOST of the people he knew. After all, this was Southern California.

I won't say that successful men marry early. I will say, though, that most really successful people are married. One can ascertain that by scanning those rankings for the Forbes Top 500 or whatever that list is called. You will see that about 480 of the people on that list are, or have been, married, leaving only 20 who have never been. I think this would make a good thread question.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Again, you have no business criticizing a man for using a prostitute. Many men use prostitutes for companionship only and there is nothing wrong with it.
If a man is going to state he uses prostitutes on a public forum then his use of prostitutes is going to be up for discussion. I will certainly comment on it if I like. It's not for you to decide. And it's absurd on you part to attempt to dictate the "hows and whys" of a discussion addressng what has been presented publically.

Quote:
But let's get down to it Braunwyn, you don't like men having the option of using prostitutes because it means men will gain more power over women because then they will have the ability to have unlimited sexual relief.
I don't believe prostitutes provide men with any power. Your (general you) power is determined by your work, by your influence on others and society, and ultimately what you leave behind. Where you put your penis is of no consequence to anyone and certainly not me. Frankly, i'm surprised you would make the charge.

Quote:
You must have been sheltered all your life. Some people have had very bad experiences with other humans so they're incapable of bonding with others normally, and on the other hand, some people don't wish to have relations with other humans for various reasons.
I haven't been sheltered in any way. Quite the opposite actually. I don't think this comes down on the side of nurture in a nurture vs nature debate. I believe it's entirely in the realm of nature.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:59 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Oh Braunwyn, youre so bitter towards few people. The reality is that in real life, singles in their 30-40s are usualy unfairly judged and labeled as misfits, homosexuals, deviants and weirdos. I am greatful for this thread, because it gives everyone a little taste of what it feels like to be judged in this way. Social pressures to marry and start a family are still clearly in place today, and many singles are sick of constantly being judged based on their marital status.
You had better believe that, in 2012, there is still this societal pressure and people get REALLY sick of being asked about, and judged, by their marital status.

I had a major problem with an employer over this issue. I wish they hadn't made me an offer, a good one, which I accepted. I think they were stunned that I was not married, probably assuming during the interview process that I was or had been. I didn't fit their everybody-married, Republican, back-slapping, golf culture. My interests were, and are, way more intellectual and cultural than theirs. How I lasted 3 years is beyond me. I left them at a time of need, and they tried to get me to reconsider. Not a chance. I have principles. I had all the knowledge regarding this assignment and I made it clear to them, after 2 phone calls to me fishing for information, not to call me and to "figure it out."

It's funny how people make certain assumptions about people. (I do it, too.) Once, driving between Vancouver and Seattle, I stopped off at a cluster of car dealerships in a smaller town. I asked the car salesman to see a certain type of car. He starts showing me this car and pops the trunk, saying "there will be plenty of room for your golf clubs." I wanted to say something smart-alecky, but refrained. In another situation, I went into a newer area of Denver while in town to look at some new houses for the heck of it, and the site saleslady said "and we have great schools in the area for your children." I was annoyed, again, but didn't say anything.

If single is the new norm, or the majority, why does this idiocy continue? Beats the hell out of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships